Author Topic: Joystick Throttle disabled?  (Read 472 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Joystick Throttle disabled?
« on: 06-09-2009, 10:09:07 »
I was excited to try out the new planes on Totalize, so I spawned in at the German airfield and hopped into the Fw190.  The plane didn't budge.  I could fire the weapons, go into gun-sights, go into rear chase cam, open the map, and work the rudder and other controls (all mapped to my joystick), but the throttle lever wouldn't work.  I had to use my backup speed control buttons on the keyboard to fly (until I remapped the accelerate and decelerate commands to normal push buttons my joystick).

I have a Saitek Cyborg EVO Joystick and apparently something is blocking the throttle lever from being recognized by BF2.   The throttle used to work perfectly well before I updated to BF2 1.5 and FH2.2.  Did one of those break it?  And more importantly, is there a way to get this functionality back?  It's very difficult to fly without my adjustable throttle....

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Joystick Throttle disabled?
« Reply #1 on: 06-09-2009, 11:09:08 »
Hmm mine still works well, perhaps you just have to set up the keys again, might have been a switch from the 1.5 patch.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-09-2009, 02:09:29 »
I've been checking around, and apparently, BF2 1.5 makes Joystick controls screwed up, unless you put them into secondary control category.  MY joystick controls were my primary controls, so I'll try this and see how it works.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-09-2009, 02:09:34 »
I can conferm that my joystick ONLY works by making the controls in the second category slot.  ::)

Atleast this makes it work.

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-09-2009, 05:09:11 »
I forgot to update but, yea, putting it in the secondary slot fixed the problem.