Author Topic: Africa armor movement  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
Africa armor movement
« on: 20-09-2009, 23:09:08 »
hey guys, i really did not know if this was a topic for the  suggestion or the GD.. but any way.. we all see tanks in normandy actually come to a complete stop, no moving what so ever.  the tank sights do not move.. now we shift to africa, i noticed that tanks never come to a complete stop almost on moderate small slopes etc.. and the tanks is constantly moving back and forth. cant that be changed to the tanks can come to a complete stop..  i personally and im sure im not speaking just for my self  have to press either foward or backwards most times to keep the tank from moving to far in either direction.. you can also see it in the destroyed tank models..   the africa tank models move and jump constantly. and the normandy wrekcs move for a couple of miliseconds and stop..

side note ) oh and a sig suggestion.. i like how the normandy tanks are detroyed wrecks jsut sitting there dead and not really a " Destroyed out right" tank.
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Sindrio

• View Profile
Re: Africa armor movement
« Reply #1 on: 20-09-2009, 23:09:45 »
Oh... Not another one of those
*Patiently waiting for updates*

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-09-2009, 01:09:23 »
does any body else notice? and to the reply above this post. i have used search function if your trying to be sarcastic.

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-09-2009, 07:09:42 »
Two words, bf2 engine.

Biiviz

« Reply #4 on: 21-09-2009, 10:09:54 »
I still see tanks wobbling around and often after I fire (in Normandy, mind you) the tank does continue to slide away. It seems a lot better than it was in 2.15, though, for some reason. Perhaps Kev or ctz improved it.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-09-2009, 12:09:11 »
I still see tanks wobbling around and often after I fire (in Normandy, mind you) the tank does continue to slide away. It seems a lot better than it was in 2.15, though, for some reason. Perhaps Kev or ctz improved it.

seemingly unfair, tanks like shermans don't really slide as much..

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-09-2009, 13:09:36 »
Two words, bf2 engine.

go look at the normandy tanks, they actually stop. they dont constantly move foward or backward.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-09-2009, 13:09:45 »
Two words, bf2 engine.

go look at the normandy tanks, they actually stop. they dont constantly move foward or backward.

Really? I must try this on Totalize, although I remember my Tiger sliding into the river, could be I screwed up.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #8 on: 21-09-2009, 15:09:23 »
Hes not talking about the tanks sliding, hes talking about tanks rocking back and forth.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-09-2009, 05:09:21 »
What im talking about is the dam tank moving, not sliding.. sliding would show as all tanks do would move down a hillside with out the tracks even visually moving and moving to the side .. tanks moving back and fourth you can see the dam tracks moving in a foward or rearward motion. if you look at tank destroyed models in africa campaign ALL wrecks BOUNCE.. now look at normandy. ALL wrecks that i have seen so far bounce for a quick milisecond as i have previously stated and then stop moving.  all tanks in normandy if on a slight incline or hill  i have done it with all tanks and even some moderate slopes and weird ground the tanks stop ( until you fire then you just readjust and it stops again) and this problem does not lay within the engine. thats a given.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28-09-2009, 03:09:55 »
look at the steepness of the hill and the Sherman does not move from not manned. and when manned it still does not move. if you hit up africa the tank would be rolling on down the hill...  and even on smaller slopes would still move.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28-09-2009, 21:09:17 »
Is there any difference in ground materials between NA and Normandy maps?

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29-09-2009, 01:09:44 »
ok but even at that point the tiniest of angles will still move tanks in africa.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29-09-2009, 01:09:53 »
ok but even at that point the tiniest of angles will still move tanks in africa.

I'm assuming Kev is saying that sand is much less stable than rock, or even hard-packed dirt.  Perhaps he's alluding that it is intended for tanks to be unstable in the African dunes?

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29-09-2009, 05:09:33 »

I'm assuming Kev is saying that sand is much less stable than rock, or even hard-packed dirt.  Perhaps he's alluding that it is intended for tanks to be unstable in the African dunes?

No I really have no clue. I'm not sure how material on material interaction is coded. However, IF there is a difference here, it would be based on which material it uses, sand, rock, or whatever, and wouldn't automatically be different for Normandy tanks or Africa tanks, as these still use the same track material.