Author Topic: In my opinion...  (Read 7578 times)

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
Re: In my opinion...
« Reply #45 on: 12-07-2009, 21:07:13 »
3D ironsight looks like a shit. Plz never do that. ::)

Confirmed they never will

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12-07-2009, 21:07:36 »
What's the problem with 3D ironsights? I like them.

Offline RetroMute

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12-07-2009, 22:07:03 »
OK. First of all could someone explain difference between 3d ironsight and current one for a dummie like me. Ignore me on crosshairs..

Also; Prone diving is what you should call it, let's get our terms right =P. Dolphin' diving was taken out in patch 1.2, thank god for that. Prone diving in CQB is an epidemic problem. Basicly everyone does it so obviously it's the same for everyone and even gives you the advantage as you know the enemy will prone and face his head to you which is like giving you a cake and a fork to eat it. He presents his head to you and begs you to shoot it, you'll have a perfect shot opportunity and boom he's down. Tho I would love the CQB even more without prone diving. The weapon sway I don't really even pay attention to it. Now as mentioned I don't really dislike it. I see no disadvantage of it and rather that than a stationary position on your right like CSS.

Good post Gipper.
« Last Edit: 13-07-2009, 11:07:27 by RetroMute »
\,,/_(◕_●)_ \,,/

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12-07-2009, 23:07:48 »
OK. First of all could someone explain difference between 3d ironsight and current one for a dummie like me. Second of all about crosshairs again.

First off, you were correct on the prone diving term, but you were referring to ironsights as crosshairs.  The crosshairs are those yellow (or whatever color you chose in the options) HUD elements you can use to aim with.

And as for your question, a 2D ironsight like the ones FH2 uses is basically a 2D overlay/image and does not use the actual weapon model.  Some 2D ironsights can also have some 3D elements like moving bolts, etc.  3D ironsights, like what the boys rifle has in FH2, uses the actual weapon model which means you can also see the player's hands and other moving parts that are part of the model.

Offline RetroMute

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12-07-2009, 23:07:35 »
Oh yes my bad. When I said crosshairs I meant ironsight so just fuck me. THinking one thing and writing other after few beers equals jibber jabber.

What comes to crosshairs is that they are utterly useless in my opinion in most cases. As I barely ever use anything than the awesome K98 I don't really need it except for the nice white lines I love so much in the middle of my screen. Same pretty much goes for everyweapon imo. CQB with crosshairs end up beeing spraying and praying for me. Rather just use the almighty ironsights. Does it effect the gameplay? Not really, it's just there for them who want to use it.
« Last Edit: 13-07-2009, 11:07:53 by RetroMute »
\,,/_(◕_●)_ \,,/

Offline HadrianBT

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 13-07-2009, 19:07:07 »
Oh, I can't say I could agree more with the topicstarter on the point of the SMG guns. Yet, I fully disagree with the means. In an earlier thread (think it was in Suggestions called "Medics") I suggested upping the "bloody blur" for an injury to start at a much higher health percentage (75% instead of 25% as it is currently). However, this suggestion didn't find much support. SMGs do need to be upgraded somehow to make them a good CQB wearpon.

Right now how what is the point to choose an smg as a wearpon on the spawn screen? Only for the Mills bomb and point-blank gunning? ;) The brits have an uber-rambo wearpon of choice - the Bren. It exels at everything, be it long-range sniping or close-combat in the crampled streets of Sfakia. As has been noted in a post above, I have a good feeling of screen center, so the abscence of a crosshair is fine for me.

But what do the germans have? MG34? Well, unless you are a Master (or, better a GrandMaster) of Prone-diving and don't care if people frown on you... MP40 is the only choise... yet I choose the scout kit most of the time.

Why does this all happen, one can ask.
Well, one answer is the recoil - but it is nearly how it should be in reality (i.e. absolutely fine with me). As Lobo said, short bursts do the trick.
Another answer - hitbox problems. Not so much of a problem for me.
But the last answer - the damage of aforementioned smgs, seems to me the most important. Remember, most casualties in WW2 were from wounded, not from killed! But doesn't a 0.45in bullet incapacitate a person?

To conclue my lond statement, I would like people to consider the possibility of introducing higher damage to smg. I.e. 0.45 is equal in damage to a rifle bullet at close range while loosing its power after 30m. MP40 and Beretta (and pistols, maybe) should be as Tompson is now. In reality, rifle-bullet wounds are sometimes lighter than those of pistol-bullets because the pistol bullet doesn't go all the way through and stays inside the body.

On a side note: when I got infuriated once more with smgs on HSLAN yesterday, I wrote "MP40 is shit". Guess what, at least three or four guys instantly agreed :)
Proud member of CWC dev team (voice-recording).
"im sorry,but you sound like an old grumpy man listening to rock music" AngryBeaver
"Some argue that the only thing in the world you cannot get used to is an icicle up yours, because it will melt" Kelmola

Offline Waw_Slayer

• FHing since 0.7
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 13-07-2009, 21:07:21 »
Berretta is the best smg ingame (IMO).
Your listening to psychedelic radio, todays topics; Weed.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #52 on: 13-07-2009, 21:07:37 »
Berretta is the best smg ingame (IMO).
I have to agree with you.  Good at medium range, high rate of fire, good iron sights, decently lethal, Schneider hates it; these are all point in its favour.

Offline Sindrio

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 15-07-2009, 22:07:01 »
The tommygun have too much recoil... have you ever seen the little thing placed on the muzzle? With those holes? ( Don't know the name) That makes the muzzlefire going upwards! That made the gun more steadier, so if you want the gun to go upwards... remove the thing on the muzzle. ( I wanted to post a picture that would make it all alot easier to understand, but I don't know how  :-\)
*Patiently waiting for updates*

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 16-07-2009, 00:07:47 »

On the contrary, it's been heavily implied that they will be in 2.2.

Sindrio - you mean the Cutts Compensator, yes? You have a point. Perhaps it should be removed from the model.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 16-07-2009, 03:07:12 »

Sindrio - you mean the Cutts Compensator, yes? You have a point. Perhaps it should be removed from the model.

Well I remember lobo talking about how much he hated how the enfield looked with 3d sights and bolt work. Personally I wouldnt mind them, if only when you fire you see the bolt work, then you dont have to press any buttons to be back in iron sight mode! now that would rule

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 16-07-2009, 09:07:06 »

Well I remember lobo talking about how much he hated how the enfield looked with 3d sights and bolt work. Personally I wouldnt mind them, if only when you fire you see the bolt work, then you dont have to press any buttons to be back in iron sight mode! now that would rule

I think Meadow meant on the Bazooka and other infantry AT weapons, like how it was in FH1.

Offline Gipper

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 16-07-2009, 20:07:50 »
You're right Retro, that's why I didn't call it dolphin diving in my first post. However, autoproning or instaproning is still quite annoying. It just doesn't make any plain sense for someone to go prone in a CQC situation, and yet quite a few people do. And as far as "they are easy to kill", I have to disagree. When half of the community does one thing, and the other half does another, you have no idea when someone is going to prone or not, so they catch you off guard a lot of the time.

As far as removing the compensator from the model, I don't think that is the logical solution.

Offline Niebler

• View Profile
    • 130th Panzer Lehr Division
« Reply #58 on: 16-07-2009, 21:07:58 »
SMGs are the best aside from pistols for CQC, if you cant kill anyone with them in that range, you need to practice more, it's not the guns fault. Dont use the ironsights, and just spray and pray hip fire. Usually works :P
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 16-07-2009, 21:07:05 »
It's all about burst fire and controlling the recoil. If you try to fight it with your mouse (in ironsights), you can be more efficient in CQB.

If you go single-shot, then you can still get kills at a decent range. I sometimes keep my 20 round Tommygun on semi-auto to preserve the life of the clip. All I have to do is click fast. 2-3 hitting shots is all I need for a kill.