Poll

Does the game need to add an option to turn on and off the crosshairs on the screen as desired?

Yes
3 (37.5%)
No
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Poll on the introduction of the option to turn on and off the crosshairs  (Read 809 times)

Offline Pa3ym2

• View Profile
It seems to me that it was wrong to remove the crosshair from the screen. When playing with bots without a crosshair, it is impossible to effectively shoot from the hip. Previously, when there was a crosshair, the player in many cases could quickly shoot from the hip, but now, in the same cases, in shootouts with bots, the player is forced to aim from the front sight and spend additional precious fractions of seconds on this aiming. In turn, the bots do not waste time on this aiming with a front sight at close distances and shoot from the hip immediately. Because of this, the bots began to shoot faster than the player, and in most cases they are the first to kill the player, even in cases where the live player and the bot noticed each other at the same time in one split second. This gives bots a rather dishonest and annoying advantage in combat over a live player. Most of all, this affects those situations in which shootouts with bots take place at such small distances at which earlier it was possible to quickly shoot from the hip with a crosshair and not waste time aiming from the front sight. These are mainly urban short-range skirmishes, or small locations with the number 16.

Perhaps the developers removed the crosshair for realism, but as a result, the interestingness of the game suffered. You have alienated a significant part of the newbies, and the audience of players who play FH2 with bots.

I am not suggesting turning on the crosshair for everyone. I suggest something else: it is necessary to make it so that only one creator of the map (or server) can turn crosshairs on and off for everyone. Or that he could write some command in the console, and then the crosshair of the sight turned on and off for all players. The players themselves will not be able to turn on their sight if on this map (or on this server) the creator of the map has set so that everyone plays without a sight. This will cause the players to split into two audiences. Players who love realism will continue to play their cards without crosshairs on the screen. Newbies, players playing with bots, and more arcade-loving players will play with scopes on the screen. For the convenience of separating the two audiences, it may still be worthwhile to enter some kind of mark for the players so that, before entering the map, they see on which servers or maps everyone is playing with a crosshair, and on which without it.

If it is impossible to do this, then make it so that when playing with live players, it would still be impossible to turn on the crosshair for anyone, but you can turn on the crosshair if you play only with bots without live players.

As a result, the audience of the game will grow, and in the future it will grow faster than now. The larger the audience of the game, the more money will be donated to developers.

I ask everyone to vote on adding the option to turn crosshairs on and off.
« Last Edit: 03-11-2021, 02:11:50 by Pa3ym2 »

Offline Pa3ym2

• View Profile
Tell me on this forum is there any limit on the creation of topics and votes? I could create quite a few of them for the most pressing problems in the game

Offline Pa3ym2

• View Profile
In version 2.57, you could go to the path of the Battlefield 2 / mods / fh2 / objects_weapons_server / weapons / Handheld files to select the desired weapon, and then over the line ObjectTemplate.weaponHud.altGuiIndex 52 write the line ObjectTemplate.weaponHud.guiIndex 4
Save changes, and after that the crosshair on the screen for this weapon returned.
In this version 2.58, this method of returning the crosshairs to the screen stopped working.
One of the Russian-speaking assistants in the development of the mod told me that the anti-cheat on the server noticed this change in files and did not let the player into a network game with other players. But I also didn’t play a multiplayer game with other players. I played with bots.
Tell me how to return the crosshair to the screen for playing with bots now?
« Last Edit: 03-11-2021, 18:11:33 by Pa3ym2 »