Author Topic: Idea regarding turret traverse ..  (Read 4370 times)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Re: Idea regarding turret traverse ..
« Reply #45 on: 01-02-2010, 10:02:57 »
The entire topic is about a solution looking for a problem. Despite hundreds of hours spent in FH2, I've seen this exploit used only ONCE. And even then, that ended badly for the user: the Tiger driver zipped his turret around to shoot at an infantryman who was not even an AT guy. Meanwhile, a Crusader appeared in his front and hit him in the suddenly exposed rear turret. Scratch one kittah.

While more sensitivity means that the turret turns faster, for precise aiming you have to tone it down anyway, which takes time (and a keypress) while the non-adjusting user just points and shoots. I find that a constant turret speed is much easier to aim with anyway rather than changing sensitivity back and forth. I do have a variable-sensitivity mouse, and after a couple of rounds of playing I found that I have much more use for two extra buttons (right now mapped for map and map scaling) rather than something which I would rarely need and would not usually be worth the effort. If I HAVE to turn my turret 180 degrees in one second something probably went wrong with my tactics already. And in FH2 vehicle combat, tactics ARE more important than reflexes (or mouse sensitivity). And apparently most FH2 players think along similar lines, otherwise everyone and their dog would be using this "exploit".

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01-02-2010, 15:02:53 »
For tank combat I agree, this doesn't matter that much. However, as in your story it was the infantryman who got screwed over by the exploit, not the tank.

Go around Piating Panthers in the back and it'll become very apparent who is using this exploit. With Tigers even with it you have a second or so to hide, but with panthers if you're not very well hidden from where you shoot you're screwed if they've got their sensitivity way up.

Offline KingKerosin

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01-02-2010, 17:02:45 »
My question is. What is the original mousensens.?  I m playing with 2.5 and planes on 10. But what is the best for a superrealistic gameplay?

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01-02-2010, 18:02:25 »
i dunno, i usualy put it between 3,5 and 4,5 depanding on the game. I fly with keyboard only.

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #49 on: 05-02-2010, 02:02:02 »
What's the default setting?

Server rules or something? kick and ban dickheads? As you kick Tk'ers why you wouldn't kick 'em if it is that big problem.

Never met a tanker using that. And not really bothered when I'll see first one.

And what I would guess, no one really can't do a shit about this. You set a rate how fast turret moves and it's mutiplied by the number of your sensitivy setting. Those who have better mouse, can even get it more faster.
« Last Edit: 05-02-2010, 02:02:58 by kummitus »
CMP Gaming