Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 237710 times)

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #1935 on: 08-11-2011, 10:11:17 »
My final vedict is this:

Passable singleplayer, with a decent multiplayer, let down by stupid technicalities on its lead platform (seriously, theres no need for battlelog/origin).

*cue Obi-wan 'You were the chosen one!' speech*

Splendid graphics. Still better than BC2/MW2-BLOPS.
« Last Edit: 08-11-2011, 10:11:13 by G.Drew »
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: 08-11-2011, 16:11:28 »
I caved in and bought it despite the Nazi-Eula. I will only talk about the multiplayer.

First of all i think it is a high quality game. You can see that they put alot of work and thought into it. The gameplay is very arcady, but that is what one would expect from dice. But praising the stuff that is good is no fun, so I will flame about the few things that anoyed me.

Battlelog and the ingame menues are unclear and I always found it hard to find the stuff i want. Maybe this was because i smoked some pod but damn it anoyed me. Then why can I only custumize my stuff while I am in the spawn window. Why can't I do it between the map changes or in battlelog? (or can I?)
The custumize menue has to many levels I have to click through. All the information would have fitted one screen. But now i have to click for and back all the time (AAARRGGHGHGHGHGH)

But I guess i will play it for about 100 hours and than go back to mother fh2.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: 08-11-2011, 17:11:24 »
Great game, i feel as if im playing in a movie the whole time with my 5.1 around me..   I just wish there would be mod tools =(
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: 09-11-2011, 05:11:47 »
Went and bought it finally. Don't know how you can't like this if you like FH. It plays so damn nicely. Nice balance, amazing sounds and visuals

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: 09-11-2011, 07:11:13 »
What else should it be but balanced. It has mirrored maps, mirrored weapons and mirrored playermodels. ^^
I really hate the map design by now. So many useless and forced chokepoints on many maps, that just kill any kind of tactical idea you could come up with.

Anyhow played FH2 again yesterday and had a blast. Nothing beats a game where you have to THINK! ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #1940 on: 09-11-2011, 12:11:36 »
For anyone from the FH community who wants to join up along likeminded people :

Forgotten Hope Alliance (FHA) is active in BF3.

We are a clan of friendly, cool people that used to play FH1/2 and World of Tanks. We now focus on BF3 exclusively (although a bit of FH2 is encouraged  8) ).

We're actively looking for FH players that are playing BF3, to keep this community together! Among our players you can find FH2Hi, Siben, G_Drew, Sander93, VF101Grimreaper, Corvi and several others - even Humbug is upgrading his PC to play BF3 (ARENT YOU!!!).

We have our own dedicated Teamspeak host and quality forum (SMF), and will run our own BF3 server with an extra clanwar mini-server starting Back-2-Karkand pack in december.

Every evening and in the weekends we form multiple platoons, having great fun and teamplay. This is much more fun than playing alone, I can tell you :)

If you want to join us, look for the ForgottenHope Alliance (yes, without space in the first two words) on Battlelog, or just join our teamspeak in the evening - forgottenhopealliance.net:9988 ! Be patient so we can give you rights.

If you have questions, contact me on battlelog (dnarag1m) !

So, to recap :

Battlelog main contacts : dnarag1m, TA3K
Battlelog clan : ForgottenHope Alliance
Number of members currently : 20
Teamspeak3 : forgottenhopealliance.net:9988
forum : www.forgottenhopealliance.net/index.php (register!)

« Last Edit: 09-11-2011, 12:11:26 by Dnarag1M »

Offline Rustysteel

• View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: 09-11-2011, 16:11:44 »
It sounds like there's so much bullshit to get it working on a PC I'm glad I got it for the 360.

So they release this game both on the consoles and the PC and all they changed were the graphics? What did I miss? Did the consoles made a huge leap forward in performance?
In addition of better graphics, the PC version has bigger maps and 64 players, where the console versions only have 24.

And no, it doesn't really seem to have any more problems than any other new PC release :E

Why are you two trying to turn this into a platform fanboy argument? I never said the console was actually better all I said was I was glad to get it for the 360. You can harp on about your big maps and 64 players but that has nothing to do with the point I was making. Origin/Battlelog is fucking this game up for a lot of people if its not for you, then great have fun.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: 09-11-2011, 16:11:07 »
It sounds like there's so much bullshit to get it working on a PC I'm glad I got it for the 360.

So they release this game both on the consoles and the PC and all they changed were the graphics? What did I miss? Did the consoles made a huge leap forward in performance?
In addition of better graphics, the PC version has bigger maps and 64 players, where the console versions only have 24.

And no, it doesn't really seem to have any more problems than any other new PC release :E

Why are you two trying to turn this into a platform fanboy argument? I never said the console was actually better all I said was I was glad to get it for the 360. You can harp on about your big maps and 64 players but that has nothing to do with the point I was making. Origin/Battlelog is fucking this game up for a lot of people if its not for you, then great have fun.
Stating facts makes me a fanboy. So be it.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: 09-11-2011, 17:11:27 »
I cant play it on PC since Im still on XP on my desktop. That's why Im getting it on PS3, so at least I can play it on the TV in the couch, a bit relaxed. At least the SP campaign... then when I have Win7 I can frag and lol on the PC as well  :D

Thinking of that... I need a new TV as well, a 30" CRT tv isnt so awesome for games  :(

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: 09-11-2011, 18:11:57 »
Oh Dnar is now recruiting on the FH2 forum ^^
Gonna get it soon... I hope, damn obligations :(

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: 09-11-2011, 19:11:42 »
My name is elche130 on the PS3...add me please. I really am liking this game

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #1946 on: 09-11-2011, 20:11:12 »
Lainer130 here.....Would like to try some of those co-op missions with my fellow FH'ers.  Tried playing with a couple random types online and they seemed to be fucking idiots.

BTW: Do you have Kluge and Switzer added Elche?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Lainer/
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: 09-11-2011, 20:11:04 »
Singleplayer is alright. Not top notch tho. Too much "press this to do that".  Could have been alot better.
The sounds are just amazing, the best part of the game in my opinion.

MP is not my coup of tea. Too much clusterfu#$ in the hud.
Ill wait a month or two to see if they have improved the maps.

Till then there are alot of good games coming out and the good old FH2 still does the trick.   ;)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: 09-11-2011, 21:11:04 »
Heard Hardcore removes most of the HUD.. (havent tried it yet)

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: 09-11-2011, 21:11:09 »

Ill wait a month or two to see if they have improved the maps.

Three words: Back To Karkand.