Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117319 times)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #1395 on: 20-05-2014, 01:05:50 »
^
Mind...blown

Have I not been comprehensible? Just wanted to know:

- How many crew members does each tank have in WT? Do all tanks have 5 crewmen, or does it reflect the original layout.
- Which crew traits do you train?

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Asator86

• View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: 20-05-2014, 03:05:28 »
I have assigned it to a key, but it doesn't work. still sais key unbinded

Little late, but you have to reset your controls. Do that by starting the wizard in the control menu than you can use the exstinguishers by pressing 7. You can't reassign it on another button atm (bug?).

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: 20-05-2014, 11:05:10 »
^
Mind...blown

Have I not been comprehensible? Just wanted to know:

- How many crew members does each tank have in WT? Do all tanks have 5 crewmen, or does it reflect the original layout.
- Which crew traits do you train?

Pz II has only 3 crewmembers, I didn't notice anything weird but I wasn't watching. If it has more, then that is wrong.

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: 20-05-2014, 16:05:54 »
only three crewman-hitboxes are modelled in the game, so it's correct.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: 20-05-2014, 21:05:23 »
I really didn't like the tanking part in this game. I find EVERYTHING so clumsy (I mean in way it's not the tank being clumsy, but the overall feel of the game) and that text on the screen... hrr.. + 3rd person sucks, even for driving, but the sights suck even more. Also, I can't insert a key to fire extinguisher, or different ammo types?

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: 20-05-2014, 21:05:18 »
This may sound stupid, but the keys for those options are not 123 67 like on my keybeard, but &é" (§, you need to do a shift combo to get the numbers, it works all just fine for me.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: 20-05-2014, 21:05:48 »
What's with the sights dancing around like the gunner is purposely sabotaging me? Aiming up and down, the little fucker. And the turrets are SLOOOOOW
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: 20-05-2014, 22:05:21 »
I really didn't like the tanking part in this game. I find EVERYTHING so clumsy (I mean in way it's not the tank being clumsy, but the overall feel of the game) and that text on the screen... hrr.. + 3rd person sucks, even for driving, but the sights suck even more. Also, I can't insert a key to fire extinguisher, or different ammo types?
Well, it's a beta, and they have to do a lot of things before it's final
Thats what I would have said if i liked Gaijin, I don't, it's a stupidly rushed beta that is so beta it might as well be alpha.

You can change key bindings to fire extinguisher and ammo, but you actually have to look for them *spoiler* not in the "tank controls" section, I thinks it's in Miscellaneous IIRC.
BTW. have you tried Simulator Battles? Those are "great" (compared to the rest at least)

What's with the sights dancing around like the gunner is purposely sabotaging me? Aiming up and down, the little fucker. And the turrets are SLOOOOOW
What do you mean? like when you are driving or what? And yeah, the turret speeds are idiotic :D.

Also I made a suggestion to improve the camera in simulator battles, so you know, you can whatever.
http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/138391-simulator-tank-battles-camera/?hl=%2Bcamera#entry2620653
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: 20-05-2014, 23:05:47 »
1) What I find disturbing is the randomness of some shots. Even though a penetration has occurred, absolutely nothing happens (even when aiming for the ammo rack). Then another penetration blows up the tank. Currently the only thing you can do is aim for the ammo rack and pray or a shot trap between hull and turret.

2) Some repair times are insane. Even with somewhat leveled crews there are situations where I have to wait 2+ min for the vehicle to be repaired, which simply isn´t worth the wait.

3) That artillery ability can be spammed way too easily.

4) Also there is no penalty when loading the wrong ammunition. Just wait until the wrong shell is loaded and chose the correct one. No need to reload it again. It´s instantly switched.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: 20-05-2014, 23:05:19 »
1) What I find disturbing is the randomness of some shots. Even though a penetration has occurred, absolutely nothing happens (even when aiming for the ammo rack). Then another penetration blows up the tank. Currently the only thing you can do is aim for the ammo rack and pray or a shot trap between hull and turret.
Yup, it's retarded, even(especially?) in Sim Battles, aggressive flanking maneuvers are worthless because, you often end up putting 3-4 shots into the enemy without any effect, just so they can turn and 1-shot you(completely random).
I think I need to rush my KV-2.
2) Some repair times are insane. Even with somewhat leveled crews there are situations where I have to wait 2+ min for the vehicle to be repaired, which simply isn´t worth the wait.
Agreed, it hurts especially in arcade when you have plenty of tanks and the matches are short. There should be a way to maybe drive back to base and make quick reparis, or select what you want repaired etc.
3) That artillery ability can be spammed way too easily.
That is just dumb, and in SB it can be used as a form of "wallhack" to see over hills, crests etc. Should be removed, no question.
[/quote]
4) Also there is no penalty when loading the wrong ammunition. Just wait until the wrong shell is loaded and chose the correct one. No need to reload it again. It´s instantly switched.
Yes there is a penalty, when you change the type of ammo, the shell you have in the chamber doesn't change
For example: if you load HE and then switch to AP, the nex shot you fire will be HE, and AP will be loaded next
BUT what i find stupid is that IIRC you can't change the ammo without firing, if have wrong ammo loaded you have to select a different type, fire and only then it will switch. It could be a big deal in tanks with limited ammo.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: 21-05-2014, 00:05:32 »
Ok, I've just stopped playing this bullshit Russian bias game. I had Panzer IIIL and had to spam plenty of my special ammo to the side of Russian tank to make any major damage (I was usually aiming at turret - doesnt matter if it was Kv-1, Kv-2, T-34, SU). I couldn't do any damage to them frontally. Spent 1 hour in this crap tank and didn't make any kill. And Russian tank always 1 shot me instead... Seems legit...  ::) So I said goodbye to this Russian bias game.

PS I wonder what they did during 1 year of betatesting... ::)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: 21-05-2014, 00:05:17 »
I want my nazi tanks to one shot everything, what a joke game!

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: 21-05-2014, 00:05:45 »
Stop aiming at turrets you halfwit. Turret rings + side armor. + engine. god damn it.

Besides, of course they fucking 1 shot kill you, your tank is a small piece of shit with 80mm of frontal armor and they have 76mm+ guns while you shoot puny 50mm shells. No damage if no calibre, PHYSICS BALLISTICS MOFUGGA.
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: 21-05-2014, 00:05:43 »

;D ;D ;D

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: 21-05-2014, 00:05:59 »

Yes, because they were the best in reality, right? I don't get why Russian tanks can shoot me with 1 shot while German tanks can't?

Stop aiming at turrets you halfwit. Turret rings + side armor. + engine. god damn it.

Besides, of course they fucking 1 shot kill you, your tank is a small piece of shit with 80mm of frontal armor and they have 76mm+ guns while you shoot puny 50mm shells. No damage if no calibre, PHYSICS BALLISTICS MOFUGGA.

So, it seems it's unbalanced... Why they have such tanks on the same tier?