Author Topic: Fh2 Random crash to desktop in coop mode  (Read 957 times)

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
Fh2 Random crash to desktop in coop mode
« on: 04-05-2014, 23:05:43 »
hey guys i got an issue when i play forgotten hope 2 coop  it doesnt matter on what i play it on my notebook or on my computer fh2 lan it randomly crashes to desktop without any message it just quits suddently and goes to the desktop no idea why, first i hosted on the pc i thought it was just an random error of my pc so i hosted it on the laptop to play lan with friends but i experianced the same issue.
are you guys familiar with this and is there a solution to this?

thanks in advance  :)

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
Re: Fh2 Random crash to desktop in coop mode
« Reply #1 on: 05-05-2014, 00:05:39 »
hey guys i got an issue when i play forgotten hope 2 coop  it doesnt matter on what i play it on my notebook or on my computer fh2 lan it randomly crashes to desktop without any message it just quits suddently and goes to the desktop no idea why, first i hosted on the pc i thought it was just an random error of my pc so i hosted it on the laptop to play lan with friends but i experianced the same issue.
are you guys familiar with this and is there a solution to this?

thanks in advance  :)

I guess its a common problem: it has something to do with AI behaviour (ex: if they get themselfes over statics, ect...) you cant control that by yourself As Far As I Know...

Still, no worries - the devs are probably working on that, and its possible to show up some fixes in the next update ;)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-05-2014, 06:05:05 »
You could try running it in windowed mode to view the error message  ;) .

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-05-2014, 11:05:44 »
alright glad to hear its getting fixed and that its not some strange kind of pc issue
when i have another lan party i will try to play in windowed mode
because with fullscreen the screen turns black and fh2 dissapears and im in the desktop again no messages and the other players then have lost connection to the host so then we can start all over again
as soon as i find out what it says i will post it here  ;)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-05-2014, 17:05:03 »
Check the box "Windowed mode" in the launcher, and post the error message here please :)

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-05-2014, 22:05:48 »
Guys i can confirm if you play villers bocage (vs AI) in windowed mode it just crashes to desktop without any message, i played in windowed mode to see if an error would pop up but it didnt happen fh2 just dissapeard without any sign of errors in windowed mode as in fullscreen.. stange it just pops to desktop without any sign and verry randomly =-\
« Last Edit: 09-05-2014, 22:05:38 by gamerjer »

Offline Sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-05-2014, 03:05:58 »
Yes, Villers Bocage is a problem when playing in coop mode.
I've posted in the forum recently of this error.
I play on a laptop in windowed mode and can only play between 5 - 10 minutes before CTD.
Frustrating because it's a great looking map.  :(

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-05-2014, 14:05:18 »
yeah i can understand i had the same, it happens in other maps randomly to i hope the devs will look into this
because its verry fun to play coop with friends but annoying when the game suddently crash when things are going well and you are having fun, but im sure they will fix this bug but when is the big question