Author Topic: Little 2.45 personal review  (Read 1133 times)

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
Little 2.45 personal review
« on: 27-07-2012, 13:07:05 »
In FH1, i got very often this feeling of battle, bullets flying over my head, taking cover and running for my life (The immersion gets high enough to give me feeling of somehow "beign there").

In 2.4, I seldom got this feeling unfortunatly, i got annoying on many maps becouse of for exemple, meeting a tank alone over and over again and dying or small things like getting stuck, lack of personal objective and intense combat. Together with other things that overally made me frustrated at some points in the map ending in breaking the immersion that needs time to reach the boiling point.

In 2.45, I must say, i dont know what you guys did (some things are obvious like more game modes) but it plays Great! Now i get simillar feeling that i had in FH1  :o The new maps are well layed out and keeps the things intresting. There is this feeling of battle i somehow lacked in 2.4 =) What i still miss is the "most used by me at least" voices like "Take cover!", "Requesting Reinforcments!". Those two add to the immersion in my opinion =)

What i am dissipointed over is lack of localization additions (Its very simple things, just need to put in few lines of text which will include all planned factions like France or Poland, very simple for you, very important for mappers, same with sounds, each team takes only 2 mb around for whole ingame speech... Not big deal, come on).

Cheers, Keep up the great work!
Destro

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Little 2.45 personal review
« Reply #1 on: 27-07-2012, 14:07:15 »
Don't know about the voices but they are still there... "Take cover" can be said by selecting the "incoming" option in the commorose, and "Requesting reinforcements" is available in squad commorose (default T).
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-07-2012, 17:07:37 »
Really? Never noticed :D

But i guess that means Reinforcments can only be said when SL? Well, what about if all commands can be said within Squad? ;P I think its useful, and especially when someone doesint use voice communication it gives ability not to be handicapped =)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27-07-2012, 17:07:40 »
Really? Never noticed :D

But i guess that means Reinforcments can only be said when SL? Well, what about if all commands can be said within Squad? ;P I think its useful, and especially when someone doesint use voice communication it gives ability not to be handicapped =)

You don't need to be SL to request reinforcements. Every squad member can use the squad commorose.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-07-2012, 19:07:20 »
Hah, awesome :) thanks for tip ;)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-07-2012, 14:07:37 »
Yeah, 'Take cover' is the default commo rose option. You can shout it (and teammates, whether squad mates or not, and indeed enemies) can hear it shouted if you just hit Q and click without moving the mouse (the command automatically selected is 'incoming', which is what you want to use).

See a grenade? Hold Q, click immediately, then run like hell. Each army has several varations like 'Stay low!', 'Hit the dirt', 'INCOOOMIIIING!', 'Keep your heads down!', etc.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.