Author Topic: fw tweak would be great  (Read 1022 times)

Offline ottozeimer

• View Profile
fw tweak would be great
« on: 08-09-2009, 08:09:24 »
hello guys, i don't want to sound as a nerd, but FW 190 and other planes with bubble canopy, would enjoy almost 360 degrees of  view instead of 180. the bf 109 had certain limitations in the canopy, but fw 190 is a great improvement. also is there a chance to make view distance greater? beyond 100%?  and it would be better if the planes would not explode, but rather plummet to ground leaving a smoke trail I remember this was introduced to a certain degree before, but it doesn't happen.

Its great that you made planes easier to take off/ land so many new people can try them out.

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
Re: fw tweak would be great
« Reply #1 on: 08-09-2009, 11:09:59 »
Increasing view distance is a bitch in BF2 IIRC - PR does it by scaling things down etc and I'm not even sure that specific vehicles can see further than others. Maybe using magnification-for-optics code? Just guessing though.

On the tailspin code, however, I can comment - as far as I recall, it was implemented and indeed is still in the game - when you reach a set minimum of health the plane stalls and smokes heavily, then drops out of the sky. You can then if you like either bail or lurch the 'joystick' to the side so it spins, rewarding your killer with a realistic show. Unfortunately if the plane takes any more than this set amount of damage, it explodes in the air like all BF2 vehicles. So it's quite rare that the above actually has a chance to happen.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-09-2009, 11:09:37 »
He was talking about Mouselook, Meadow.  He wants to to be able see farther behind with the mouselook in planes that had greater visibly to the rear, like the Fw190.  At least, I think that's what he wants...

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-09-2009, 15:09:46 »
also is there a chance to make view distance greater? beyond 100%? 

I was talking about this bit. I'm sure the 360 mouselook is possible.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #4 on: 08-09-2009, 15:09:03 »
360 mouslook is difinitly possible - look at the tanks and AT guns.  I too have always thought that it was too restricted in the planes.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-09-2009, 16:09:45 »
I think it's possible, but for that we must model the whole cockpit, in BF42 and BF2 all mods and vanilla only modeled the front and sides

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-09-2009, 20:09:52 »
might it be possible to make the plane not explode, but shut its engine and close the canopy so you cant jump out?  then pummel into the ground..! ;D

Offline ottozeimer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-09-2009, 07:09:38 »
yeah, but 360 degrees view is the priority here :) thx lobo, waiting anxiously

Offline bjack

• in_ur_base, campin ur planez
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10-09-2009, 00:09:06 »

That's really gonna hurt your neck.