Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  (Read 63315 times)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
« Reply #375 on: 13-06-2013, 21:06:07 »
I never used the MG3 in the story line (when I played it with Oblivion Lost and Arsenal Mod). You always have to wear the exo and the ammo is too heavy and you don't have a good trader for it before and after Pripyat. ZM-LR 300 was pretty good, even too good maybe. I used the XM8 LMG most of the time and the FAMAS too. HK 417 was a great DMR for long range headshots.
In Vanilla, my favourite weapon always was the VSS Vintorez though.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 14-06-2013, 02:06:52 »
Yeah, I always get to No.1 position on the leaderboards before I hit the second lab because I just go out and kill stuff. By then I usually have 2k of 5.45x39mm on me, 1k 5.56x45mm  and about 1k 7.62x39mm the last two types just stashed away. I usually keep all my ammo stashed at the bar.

Unless I am using an Uzi as my secondary, I'll keep about 50 9mm or .45 for fml moments. Any other ammunition types i.e. 7.62x51, 7.62x54mmR, and 7.62x25mm I keep stashed at the bar unless I am going to be hunting for awhile. I only bring the MG3 out when I decide to delve into the Red Forest, go into a lab, or go underground in general.

IIRC my favorite weapons to use were the LR-300 fully tricked out with an Uzi/Mac-10 as my secondary. I recall enjoying the PS90 Badaboom for bloodsucker killing too. It is a custom 20rd P90 that only fires buckshot, slow on automatic but it is great.

I always had an Uzi, a LR-300/Ak/M16, and the PS-90 with me, trading off whenever a certain ammo type would get low. Almost kind of like game seasons  ;) Low on AK ammo, grab NATO weapon and dick around in beginning area killing other stuff and bandits.

Tor also gave me this nasty habit of taking every single weapon and weapon variant I don't yet have into my collection. IIRC I'm somewhere in the realm of 64 stashed weapons on my main SHoC save.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 14-06-2013, 08:06:30 »
I would have to look up my stash too but I nearly got every weapon in every variant too and I was starting to collecting suits too ;D My stash is by the army barracks. Best secondary was the USP .45 but I prefer the M1911 for style and the Desert Eagle .50AE for hunting mutants with a secondary. The sounds were pretty beefy in that mod, if I recall right.
Did you ever try the SVD as battle rifle without scope and just a silencer on it? That is fun to use too.
Well, if you always go for the headshot, you always have too much ammo for every weapon. There should be an option to get less ammo, not for beginners of course. I never had enough but now it is like /sustainammo 1 for me and it kinda kills the atmosphere :/

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 15-06-2013, 03:06:07 »
I cleared the abandoned village of Army Warehouses with just a Dragunov without scope and 4 duty guys, at night and with thunder storm, no night vision, just flashlight.

Scariest. Thing. Ever.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 15-06-2013, 09:06:20 »
How come you were there with Duty? Did you drag them there? Last time I checked they were all Freedom guys ;D

EDIT: Typos
« Last Edit: 16-06-2013, 10:06:50 by |7th|Nighthawk »

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 15-06-2013, 19:06:14 »
No no no Nighthawk, he came with 4 Duty guys to clean up the bloodsucker village at night, with thunderstorm and with only an unscopped SVD and flashlight  ;D

Reinstalled CoP + Redux mod. Holy shit, this make the game so brutal and LETHAL and it's less buggy than I Work Alone.

« Last Edit: 15-06-2013, 19:06:20 by LHeureux »
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 16-06-2013, 10:06:18 »
;D

Did you try Misery? If not, don't play it now as the new version will be released soon, but even 1.0 was really good. I never played Redux though. Maybe I should give it a run.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 21-07-2013, 13:07:46 »
STALKER bug bit me again. I have been playing SoC Complete a little but now I am downloading version 2 of MISERY for CoP.

I would also like to go back and try StalkerSoup but that seems like such a friggin hassle to install and I read it still crashes quite frequently.

But MISERY for now, see what thatis all about and if that fails, there is always Complete mod for CoP. More likely I'll just go back to SoC Complete if MISERY is not to my liking.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 21-07-2013, 17:07:01 »
SoC is better anyway. I wait for Misery 2.0. Stalkersoup, I wanted to try it but it is huge, completly bugged and I think it nieed a ton of resources to run. So, nothing for my old laptop ;D

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 21-07-2013, 17:07:52 »
Would like to clarify that I was not actually downloading version 2 of MISERY since I misunderstood things. I downloaded the first version and "patch 2" instead since version 2 is not out until end of the month. I wasnt looking at things properly and thought patch 2 meant the same as version 2. But anyway, getting a good look at MISERY and I have to say that it is a nice change of pace especially since CoP isnt as good as SoC is. For me the decision is so easy when I wonder which STALKER Complete should I play, there is no real competition. So rather than replaying CoP complete, Im playing MISERY for some variety and so far the experience has been... miserable.  ;D

It seems like a solid mod. :)

Havent heard much of Cry of Zone (goddamn that stupid name) and Lost Alpha as of late. I hope they are still in development.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 21-07-2013, 17:07:50 »
Lost Alpha is still in development. They always state that they develop but have problems with their site and don't upload much lately. It is not even a mod anymore so I don't know whether they keep posting on ModDB.
Misery 2 will be a large improvement over 1.0. At least, that's what they said ;D I am confident they won't mess up.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 21-07-2013, 17:07:53 »
What has LA become if not a mod? A standalone game?

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 21-07-2013, 18:07:52 »
That is pretty much what I think they are saying all the time.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 22-07-2013, 13:07:22 »
MISERY is ruthless. :(

You plan everything to the smallest detail and when you execute your move, it fucks you up by random pseudodog attack or a conveniently timed emission. Fuuuuuck youuuuu!

That said, I quite like it. But I wont be playing the story that much if the next version requires reinstall.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 22-07-2013, 23:07:08 »
They said it was better to wait until release I have played it a year ago or so.