Author Topic: H1N1 Flu -Be carefull!-  (Read 4322 times)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: H1N1 Flu -Be carefull!-
« Reply #30 on: 17-11-2009, 03:11:39 »
Shh! The media doesn't want you to know  ::)

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17-11-2009, 03:11:37 »
I, and many people I know, have had it. It's no big a' deal. No more than a bad cold. Hell, I walked a mile on it meself, and I ne'er passed out or anything. Granted, I was blithering on about cupcakes by the time I had finished the walk, took some Nyquil, and watched The pick of Destiny, That was pretty much a normal day for me other than the sick part.

That was a popular verse back in the olden days, in my youth... 1918 it was, I think. But you are too young to remember it.

Oh, aye, I remember tha--I was born in 1809, don'cha know? All of these years have addled me brain, and I've no hat in sight.

I remember that fateful day I signed up to fight Mean-ole Farmer Hitler to defend the Hundred-acre wood!
« Last Edit: 17-11-2009, 03:11:14 by The Warrior (CnJ) »

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17-11-2009, 04:11:55 »
That was a popular verse back in the olden days, in my youth... 1918 it was, I think. But you are too young to remember it.
Ok, so I re-evaluated your statement, and I finally got it .  Forgive my ignorance.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17-11-2009, 05:11:57 »
The thing is, it is passed from animals that have closer biological relationship with us (mammals and so on if you care about the taxonomy). In case of avian/bird flu, it is passed from animals which is quite distant.

I'd like to hear it from Lightning.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #34 on: 17-11-2009, 11:11:11 »
"A touch of the flu?"  I hate to think what it would feel like if flu tried some kung-fu shit on me.

Kung-flu?

[boom tish]

::)

o...m..f...g.. I can't believe I didn't see that one, post of the month!
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17-11-2009, 11:11:45 »
My kids already had it and are fine now. This flu is a mean bitch, high fever and make you weak for other infections.

It's al one big SNAF(L)U ...

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #36 on: 17-11-2009, 11:11:46 »
omg, this thread is turning out to be a real hoot!  we need more flu based comedy,

I tried phoning the swine flu helpline, must be a dodgy connection all I hear is crackling... It's getting serious I've come out in rashers.

HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17-11-2009, 21:11:28 »
I thought it was going to be just like another flu but it is not,it is worse...
Don´t think it is an invention from the media,it is real,at least,in Spain!
Protect yourself!
Lol, this whole thing is making be bloody tired.  How often do they need to say "There ain't no real risk unless you are of very weak health already (ea an infant, very sick of something else)" and "More people die of the normal flu annually".   Heard a couple of times on the news about the phone off information/health desks being  used a lot by "worried parents" and such and I laughed... bloody idiots..   

The media is funny though, one end they are saying "there isn't much to worry about (see above quotes)"  but then o the other end they make almost daily reports of "people being worried about not being able to get a vaccine" and such. If I ran the news I'd make one single report, stating the simple facts followed by a "people in risk groups are getting vaccinated, if aren't in in a potentual risk group do't worry, Now STFU and go worry about the real killers like traffic accidents and accidents around the house and at work!  Thank you for your attention. For more information, please feel free to rerun this tape".  =p

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17-11-2009, 21:11:03 »
I also maybe got it already. Not sure tough as I never went to doctor but I were more sick than I can remember I've ever been  :-[

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18-11-2009, 00:11:45 »
Well, i am one of those risk groups out there ( i work in healthcare) and i got my shot last thursday. Must say it was the worst vacin ever, i mean seriusly, i had one the week before (a twinrix injection) and i did not feel a thing. that swineflu shot on the other hand, i could not sleep on that arm for 2 days, and when i press it now it still hurts! and not to mention the 2 days of headaches and nausia.

But still, i think its a good thing i had it, i know 3 people now with the swine flu and after seeing how they felt for 3 days i dont want it at all. Its like the worst hangover ever, lasting for like 3 days...

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18-11-2009, 00:11:17 »
Afaik, the medics here are reluctant to take it...so I will pass, call me crazy

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18-11-2009, 08:11:02 »
Afaik, the medics here are reluctant to take it...so I will pass, call me crazy
The "vaccine retards" (who claim that polio and smallpox just coincidentally disappeared and not due to vaccinations at all; who claim that all vaccinations are just scams run by the Big Pharma; who claim that the Big Pharma are just a front for the Illuminati to accompllsh NWO; who claim that the true purpose of swine flu vaccine is to decimate global population) have unfortunately gained following then among the less educated.

Up here in Finland (according to the "big media", which is controlled by the Jews and the Freemasons say the "vaccine retards"), among the medical personnel only some nurses have been reluctant but none of the doctors (excepting the one doctor who's more interested selling his own snake oils which he claims to cure cancer and AIDS and whose medical licence should have been revoked ages ago).

I just don't get it. Even though the yearly flu vaccine hurts like hell and my arm is useless for a couple of days, I still prefer the experience over a full-blown flu. So if I feel a little ill from the H1N1 vaccine (if I'll be able to get it before I get infected - I don't belong to a risk group), I would still prefer it over the typical "one week bedridden with muscle aches and 40 degree fever, with the optional pneumonia afterwards".

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18-11-2009, 09:11:35 »
Haven't had a full blown flu for iirc more than 7 years.
And I never had any shots, so no, I'm in no risk group and I see no reason to get a vaccination.
My dose goes to someone's grandmother/father or a doctor or anyone who needs it more than a healthy lad like me.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Maxa

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18-11-2009, 11:11:21 »
I'm mostly for vaccination, but I've never taken a flu vaccine. Especially this new vaccine... maybe I'm just shocked by all the propaganda, but I wouldn't take anything that's tested so little for a disease that isn't so dangerous.

Anyway I think it could be a little late for me ;D. This is the 4th day I'm sick, and this ("swine flu" or not) feels more like a mild flu than common cold. Not saying that flu is "nothing", about 10 years ago I had respiratory problems for weeks because of complications.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18-11-2009, 16:11:08 »
A story:

My relative got swine flu, so she phoned to the local clinic. They told her to "stay put, we'll come and get you." When shegot to the clinic, they decided to put her in confinement room, but they accidentally were putting her into the cleaning closet. A few hours later she was still in her clinic bed, when the doctor came in wearing a HAZMAT-suit. She asked: "Are you going to check the bee-hives or what?"

I personally think that media telling about the flu is a two-bladed sword. It's good that they tell if someone dies, because people will figure out that this is "serious". On the other hand, it's just making people hysteric.

And no, I am not getting a vaccination even if offered.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!