Author Topic: Infantry Boot Camp for FH2  (Read 36158 times)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Infantry Boot Camp for FH2
« Reply #60 on: 26-06-2009, 16:06:35 »
Really? Mmm, it has been a while...

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 27-06-2009, 06:06:07 »
new update on Infantry Boot Camp.

The 3rd WIP release is here.  This time, I put red borders in the map.  I'll need feedback on the map so I can add some details before I really make this map official.  The file size is a big one...

Here's the download link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VGM7DLX5

comes with screenshots of the map when I was testing.

Grappling Hook training (I might respell that sign...)
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6249/screen007j.jpg

Practicing the grappling hook on the tower
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2666/screen008l.jpg

While other players crawl under the barbed wire, someone will have to volunteer manning the MG as part of the training...
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9946/screen009m.jpg

Very self-explanatory...
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3503/screen010.jpg

Entering the combat zone...
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7070/screen011y.jpg

start of the Axis obstacle course
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8415/screen012ssb.jpg

If you saw the minimap earlier, it's pretty much the same except with the wall added.
« Last Edit: 27-06-2009, 06:06:42 by pheeph »

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 06-07-2009, 22:07:15 »
ok, ever since I reinstalled BF2 and FH2 without reinstalling the editor, I'm now experiencing the crashes some people have been telling me about...

Here's a fixed release
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D9F8WNCQ

I noticed there was an extra copy of the map in the server.zip file (which explained the large size of the previous release.  I deleted that off of the zip file and deleted some folders that weren't supposed to be in both client.zip and server.zip files.

Although I put folders containing my custom objects in both files, I don't expect them to appear in the map itself.  So for now, only the objects that BF2 and FH2 came with are there.  I still trying to figure out how to make them appear.

Offline MK

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 07-07-2009, 17:07:55 »
Nice idea but i don't see any targets

i see only empty field there

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 07-07-2009, 17:07:37 »
i see only empty field there

He says there "NO" Costum Files in this Release = empty field.

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 07-07-2009, 21:07:06 »
they are included, but just can't get them to work...

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 07-07-2009, 23:07:17 »
You can only use Costum Skins, no Costum Objects. Then you try to load them from the Mapfolder
Take a Object that you dont have in your Map reskin it, and use it for what you need.
« Last Edit: 07-07-2009, 23:07:55 by Krätzer »

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 10-07-2009, 18:07:59 »
I would have to disagree with that.  The guys at bfeditor.org say that putting custom objects in the map can be done.  It did work at one point.  It's just that I find the methods a bit complex to do.

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 10-07-2009, 18:07:42 »
I would have to disagree with that.  The guys at bfeditor.org say that putting custom objects in the map can be done.  It did work at one point.  It's just that I find the methods a bit complex to do.

Show me there they say and what is to do. I want to see this, thats interesting. Never heard something like this before.

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 10-07-2009, 18:07:07 »
You can also add your own weapon models to a map.

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 10-07-2009, 20:07:03 »
This bit about custom models comes from TNE26:

"Ok, W/O downloading, I'll start by telling the proper way of including custom objects with a map.

There are basically two ways of doing this. One by embedding the custom statics in an "Objects" folder in the maps client and server zips, and the other is by having the objects in seperate Object zips with a ClientArchives.con and a ServerArchives.con in the maps zips.

I mix the methods, but I usually use the external method with many and big extra files, and the internal one with small files.

Use of external:
Pack the objects in the correct order in server and client order, and name them something, I.e statics_client.zip and statics_server.zip. Use the BF2 Pack Batches for WinRAR to make sure the files are correctly packed.

Get the ClientArchives.con and the ServerArchives.con from FH2 and add this line to the top:

CODE
fileManager.mountArchive Levels/#YOUR_LEVELNAME#/#YOUR_ZIPNAME#_#SERVER OR CLIENT#.zip Objects

Replace the things between ## to the names corresponding to your data. Here's an example from one of my maps:

CODE
fileManager.mountArchive Levels/Kahluji_Desert/Objects_client.zip Objects

After packing your map, put the ClientArchives.con in your client.zip and the ServerArchives.con in your server.zip

Use of internal:
If you don't know exactly which files should go in client and server, you should use the BF2 Pack Batches for WinRAR to seperate the files.

Take the files for the client and put them in an "Objects" folder in the client.zip of your map, and the ones for the server and put them in an "Objects" folder in the server.zip, so the file structure will be \#YOUR LEVEL#\#client.zip OR server.zip#\Objects\StaticObjects.

It should work."

The next one comes from mschoeldgen[Xww2]:

"If it only deals with statics and/or custom vehicles there's an easy way to include them in your map. First, to use them from within the editor you have to place them in the standard mod's /object folder else the editor won'thave access to them . Now also copy the objects into an /objects folder in your map in the same path they reside in the normal objects folder.
Ok, once you have them there you somehow need to 'run' them . I prefer the method of putting my custom object calls into the tmp.con of my map. This file won't be destroyed by the editor . Edit this file with a texteditor and add your objects in this manner:
CODE
run /objects/staticobjects/mycustomhouse1
run /objects/vehicles/land/KingTiger
and so on. The models can use all textures from FH2, BF2 ( the parent mod) or they could be supplied in your map. Only make sure that everything resides in your custom /objects folder in the map.

To pack the map you could use either my packing batch files for WinRAR or the new ones using 7zip by bergerkiller. ( Hopefully he has tested this, for my batches i know it works )
http://bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12042
I'm not sure though if packing from the editor does the right thing.

Note that its not possible for a map to patch existing textures. if you lan this , you need to introduce your own custom texture suffix ( like 'woodland' ) and give your patched textures this suffix."

I'm still trying to understand this so I can get the stuff working.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #71 on: 10-07-2009, 21:07:11 »
I don't have WinRaR, nor do I have the funds to buy it. can you make it in just a .exe executable file?

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 10-07-2009, 21:07:01 »
would it help if I made a zip file instead of .rar file?

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 10-07-2009, 21:07:24 »
I don't have WinRaR, nor do I have the funds to buy it. can you make it in just a .exe executable file?
Winrar is freeware?

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #74 on: 10-07-2009, 21:07:31 »
immensely, then i could copy-paste. And, no. winrar is not freeware. it costs, like, $40 USD, last time i checked.