Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2 Weapon Animation Preview sauer38h  (Read 7413 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2 Weapon Animation Preview sauer38h
« Reply #30 on: 19-10-2012, 18:10:50 »
I have one question, will the devteam make hands visible for vehicle weapons and the wheel?

Offline chad509

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19-10-2012, 20:10:03 »
If it does work for MP then thats great! Natty and i thought it was SP only. If it works for MP and SP well if badsanta wants to help me out a bit. I would love to make all animations for all stationary weapons in fh2. That's if and only if badsanta would like to team up with me? I think it would be a great addition to fh2  ;)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19-10-2012, 20:10:59 »
Indeed, it's the details that make FH2 awesome.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline bad_santa12345

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20-10-2012, 10:10:55 »
There is some security issues though. Because pretty much the only way to make 3rd party app communicate with BF2 is to use files as vars. Players could possibly force them to always have short reload or always have +1 bullet. So i suggest making it a visual thing only (same magsize and reload time for each reload).

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20-10-2012, 12:10:48 »
There is some security issues though. Because pretty much the only way to make 3rd party app communicate with BF2 is to use files as vars. Players could possibly force them to always have short reload or always have +1 bullet. So i suggest making it a visual thing only (same magsize and reload time for each reload).

Fine by me. We don't want more people haxxoring in FH 2, we already got Daz and Koenig :P.

Anything to make FH 2 more "next gen" looking and attract newcomers should be somewhere in dev's priority list.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20-10-2012, 13:10:34 »
Yep, anything cooler than BF2 would attract more BF2 players looking for an awesome mod.
« Last Edit: 20-10-2012, 14:10:59 by TurkishCommando007/2 »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20-10-2012, 14:10:03 »

Fine by me. We don't want more people haxxoring in FH 2, we already got Daz and Koenig :P.

Anything to make FH 2 more "next gen" looking and attract newcomers should be somewhere in dev's priority list.
I'm afraid that sadly it is somewhere on the botton of that list.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20-10-2012, 21:10:00 »

I'm afraid that sadly it is somewhere on the botton of that list.

Not if Chad feels like doing this. Perhaps with help from BadSanta. Developers are pretty autonomous if they feel like doing stuff.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline chad509

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21-10-2012, 01:10:00 »
Very true, i do have priorities for the mod but if we can somehow implement reload animations for stationary weapons. I would consider that one of my top priorities.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21-10-2012, 08:10:09 »
To me, i think it would add a whole new level of immersion to the game, but im an animator so im kinda of a whore for that kinda stuff naturally.  ;D

For me FH2 is all about immersion. While we're on the subject. Stationary weapon reload animations, hands on wheels and *joysticks *(which they had in FH1 and an FH2 alpha version iirc but got rid of it for some reason) this could also could be expanded to UN-deploy animations as well. Another feature that seems possible in the BF2 engine thanks to Mosquill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELkeoI-MyAg&feature=plcp

Although doing that for every FH2 weapon would be ass loads of work to say the least.
But it'd be cool to see it for bipod light machine guns. Adds to the immersion to see him put the bipod back up instead of taking out a new gun with the bipod undeployed.

Also just a question, why do we only have 1P prone crawling animations on the MGs in FH2 right now? and going to prone 1P animations are only for the SMGs...

this probably falls under the ass loads of work category but I'm wondering if the devs plan to implement it on anything else in the future

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21-10-2012, 08:10:38 »
The crawl animations work for the MGs too, they look really nice but the problem is that you cannot see anything when you crawl with the Bren :P
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21-10-2012, 10:10:08 »
Speaking of crawling; I think the player shouldnt be able to shoot its rifle or smg while crawling, just like the MG.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21-10-2012, 13:10:38 »
But you are...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 21-10-2012, 14:10:41 »
the only weapon which shouldn't be possible to shoot with while crawling is panzerfaust probably

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 21-10-2012, 14:10:20 »
But I am what?