45 (20%)
Expect - Italian Front
21 (9.3%)
Expect - Pacific Theatre
12 (5.3%)
Expect - SE Asian Front
1 (0.4%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Next Theatre  (Read 12279 times)

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
Re: Next Theatre
« Reply #75 on: 10-04-2009, 23:04:17 »
I would nonetheless say that the continuation of the western front already delivers a nice variation of both tactics and equipment. You can have a lot of different battle situations there, plus you can get new end-war equipment there. I have to agree that this seems the most promising way to go, even though I too would love to see some of the endless russian soil.

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
Re: Next Theatre
« Reply #76 on: 10-04-2009, 23:04:12 »
Better to go on the evolution way. I mean Normandy => combats in Holland, fall 1944 => Ardennes => combats in Germany, winter-spring 1945.

Early Eastern Front - it's too big battlefield. Totally different statics, tons of weapons, tanks etc.
A valid point, but I'd much rather wait for variety than have a series of almost similar quick releases.  I don't mean similar map wise, more equipment/tactics wise.  Of course, I would have no quarrel with the devs if they went down the latter path though.

I think, given the dwindling population of BF2 (it has been going down slowly for the last two years or so) and the low interest in FH2 at the moment, that the devs have to capitalise on the influx that Normandy generates with faster Western Front releases to keep people 'hungry, yet satisfied'. When the Western Front has grown to cover a range of operations beyond Normandy, I think then would be the time to look East.

This would also work very well with the inclusion of Italy using lots of FHT's Italian campaign maps - lots of content for much less work on the devs' side than making things from scratch.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront