Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75095 times)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod v0.9
« Reply #15 on: 02-02-2010, 11:02:58 »
i will probably give this version a go again, havent played it since Juli, But i liked it, eversince it came out. Its just a game i play when i have nothing to do for a whole afternoon. The action is rare, but when it dous hapens it stays for long, and is often intense.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #16 on: 02-02-2010, 11:02:43 »
I would like to install it but PR is agressive to other mods. In FH2 my auto-reload is turned off and I can't turn it back on, my crosshair is greyed out and I can't get the colour back. These tiny things annoy the fuck out of me in FH2 so I simply wont re-install the mod as long as they didn't fix that.

And yes, I like ARMA but I find PR boring.
The simplest solution to that is to make a new profile for PR.
Thats not simple. I like playing with clan tags and not some random name just for PR.

I'll just wait for more content...and pray they finally remove the MEC, ffs that faction is a fail, reminds me too much of Vanilla.

Looking forward to all the West vs Russia scenarios though.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02-02-2010, 12:02:30 »
Too Bad I can't preload it, Looks like I have to wait untill Friday evening to Download it :/
Can't wait to Play IDF vs Hamas, check out the Canadians and all the other Things they added. PR is actually an extremely cool mod, but you Need to invest Time and Patience  in it.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-02-2010, 12:02:19 »
Can't wait for new insurency maps  :P

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-02-2010, 12:02:06 »
Same here, i loved ambushing Americans, take there kit, and then own there asses becouse they think we dont have scoped rifles :)

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-02-2010, 14:02:44 »
I would like to install it but PR is agressive to other mods. In FH2 my auto-reload is turned off and I can't turn it back on, my crosshair is greyed out and I can't get the colour back. These tiny things annoy the fuck out of me in FH2 so I simply wont re-install the mod as long as they didn't fix that.

Thats not simple. I like playing with clan tags and not some random name just for PR.

I'll just wait for more content...and pray they finally remove the MEC, ffs that faction is a fail, reminds me too much of Vanilla.

TBH the MEC is unrecognisable apart from their flag. The playermodels are heavily reskinned and the weapons are entirely different and realistic - G3s, not AKs. It's easier and more fun to have a heavily armed MEC than bother to make Egypt, Syria etc with all their own (less good) equipment.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-02-2010, 14:02:33 »
And the MEC MG?

MG3 with Elcan/ironsights

;)
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02-02-2010, 14:02:18 »
MEC is a fail, because it isn't real, and doesn't resound with "Reality theme".

Would like to see Iran... then we can make entirely different stuff like Zulfiqar III MBT instead of all-Russian and German gloriness in the hand of unknown faction.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02-02-2010, 14:02:18 »
Invest time and effort and PR is really good. Im excited about this new release since i got bored with it since 1 month ago and i need a little bit of refreshment. I havnt got a clue how mumble works and i dont hope i have to alt-tab to enable it cause that would be a pain. Interested how vehicle warfare mode works out, hope its a little more relaxing than the AAS version. That said i dont like sitting in a vehicle with 1 other guy shouting in my ears wich direction i have to go or what ive to shoot, interesting. New factions and new weapons, yeuH! Ive the feeling sunday evening will be a great time.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #24 on: 02-02-2010, 15:02:44 »

TBH the MEC is unrecognisable apart from their flag. The playermodels are heavily reskinned and the weapons are entirely different and realistic - G3s, not AKs. It's easier and more fun to have a heavily armed MEC than bother to make Egypt, Syria etc with all their own (less good) equipment.
Alright it's nitpicky but I still see their flag and I still hear their voices and except for a colour swap the playermodels don't really look different.

Anyways, I just read the Isrealis are added so I will download it  :P
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #25 on: 02-02-2010, 17:02:14 »
I'm looking forward to this. I find that if I go into a PR game expecting everything to progress slowly then I really enjoy it - especially with the amazing teamwork that sometimes happens.

Their Chinook sounds really need beefing-up though! I've seen a lot of low-flying Chinooks while out and about with work and they have a very loud, distinctive whop-whop-whop sound :D

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #26 on: 02-02-2010, 22:02:06 »
I'm pumped as hell!

More Russian stuff, Canadians, IDF and more. What's not to like?

All this cool stuff, new maps and great teamwork equals great fun

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
    • MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE
« Reply #27 on: 02-02-2010, 23:02:16 »
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03-02-2010, 00:02:32 »
But they do not look like Lumberjacks.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03-02-2010, 00:02:43 »
My thoughts exactly. Even the beards are missing. And they call this "reality"...