Author Topic: Ormel_load  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Ormel_load
« Reply #15 on: 15-01-2015, 17:01:31 »
I know some of them used different tunics, but afaik most of them wore the normal soviet uniforms with Polish symbols.

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15-01-2015, 17:01:13 »
As you can see here they look much different

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15-01-2015, 17:01:04 »
It was actually Soviet idea to give them different uniforms, it was for propaganda so when Red Army was entering Poland, Poles could see that there are Polish soldiers with them, it also boosted morale cause this uniforms looked similar to 1939 ones.

Sorry for my english...

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16-01-2015, 09:01:11 »
Yes agree they have similar uniforms but different was hat
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16-01-2015, 11:01:18 »
Yes, but unfortunately Polish Army on Eastern Front had different uniforms than Red Army and it would need new playermodels :-\
The only difference was the jacket and of course Rogatywka cap, rest of the uniform and equipment was the same like standard russian ones. Also, Rogatywka wasn't very common on the battlefield as most of the soldiers wore russian helmets just with wz. 43 "polish" eagle painted in front to stand out. Btw, if somebody would ever like to create polish jackets they are almost identical with german ones with different marking on the collars (obviously) and lower pockets being moved to the sides instead of being in front like the upper ones on the chest. Maybe it is possible to create them by modifying german and russian uniforms? Have no idea about that, but having Rogatywka and a proper jacket opens the way for the early war polish campaign in FH2 :D

At first they received Soviet uniforms but in summer 1943 they get their own model which was based on Polish wz. 1936 and Rogatywka field caps.

True, but change wasn't that fast due to shortages in russian supplies. The first to recieve new uniforms were officers (who btw, very often were polish speaking russians) so by the time of Battle of Lenino somebody mentioned here, which btw, was first battle for the Polish 1st Kościuszko's Army, many privates still wore russian uniforms.

When it comes to western front then yeah, Polish would wear british uniforms with polish markings and that's it.
« Last Edit: 16-01-2015, 11:01:46 by jan_kurator »

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16-01-2015, 12:01:36 »
would be nice though if they added the polish, but then they need vehicles to (however i think its not impossible to import them from fh1 like the pacific costum maps) but then again they need a reskin because some of the pacific vehicles have a pixeled skin or interior however i still think its an impressive job to import the ships and all in fh2 but i think they dont reach the fh2 standards besides that then they need to create some maps again to, maby its work for after the eastren front if the devs dont retire after that or they need to decide to make an FH3 after the eastren front however im afraid with a few guys its a no go to start from scratch :-\

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16-01-2015, 12:01:12 »
True, but change wasn't that fast due to shortages in russian supplies. The first to recieve new uniforms were officers (who btw, very often were polish speaking russians) so by the time of Battle of Lenino somebody mentioned here, which btw, was first battle for the Polish 1st Kościuszko's Army, many privates still wore russian uniforms.

Yes, you're right I just thougth it would be nice to have this soldier rmodels so there could be more battles with LWP, not only Lenino. I would even give it a try but I'm a total noob in modelling and soldiers are propably one of the hardest things to model... Well maybe I'll try to learn this and start with something simple. Who knows maybe I have a talent that's waiting to be discovered :P