Author Topic: Tali and Ihantala SP-COOP Map Pack Released!  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• artstation.com/ivanwazowsky
    • View Profile
Tali and Ihantala SP-COOP Map Pack Released!
« on: 24-06-2020, 18:06:24 »
Hi FH2 community. I have been dealing with making navmeshes for Ihantala and Tali maps for a long time. Apart from that, i’m also dealing with making  navmeshes for CMP pacific maps.
Unfortunately, the navmesh i've done for the Tali 64p layer did not work properly. It took 6 days to make a navmesh for Tali 64p. But despite many efforts, it didn't work properly. It was giving me an error that I didn't know exactly and couldn't figure out the reason.
The name of this error was "circular heritage" error. I do not know exactly how to fix this error. It would take me a week  to make  this navmesh  again. Also, even  if i make that navmesh again, there was no guarantee that it would work. I stopped making navmesh for  the Tali  64p layer  for a while. These troubles in Tali 64p prevented  me from making  navmesh for 64p  layers. . It is difficult to navmesh for maps that are very complicated, large and filled with numerous static objects such as Tali and Ihantala maps. Notice that desert maps are the best maps to make navmesh.
Then, instead of making navmesh for 64 layers, I made navmeshes for both Tali and Ihantala 16p and 32p   layers. It only took me a day or two to make these navmeshes. Of course  i’m very happy to see that the navmeshes which  i’ve  made works very well. In a short time, I created the necessary AI files for these  layers. After testing these navmeshes for a week, I wanted to share them with you.
I will not do navmeshes for tali 64p and ihantala 64p layers. My next goal will be to make navmeshes for CMP pacific maps.

***I would be happy  if you give me feedback on these sp maps which i made.
Have fun…

Edit: Some new features and fixes added.

***Updated Download Link for Tali: 32p and 16p and Ihantala: 32p and 16p :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gkdgl7pqdt45yi2/Tali_Ihantala_SP-COOP_mappack.7z/file

« Last Edit: 13-05-2022, 15:05:53 by Ivanwazowsky »

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
Re: Ihantala and Tali SP-COOP Map Pack Released!
« Reply #1 on: 24-06-2020, 19:06:16 »
Wow, this caught me by surprise. And I was just planning to play a few rounds of co-op and chill. Will try these maps now. Thanks a lot for making them dude! You really made my day. Too bad about 64p layers though but it's ok. I know it's not easy to navmesh, I tried it myself a long time ago and failed miserably. I'm looking forward to the pacific maps too! Again thanks a lot!

Offline A L A N

• A bad decision, It is usually the end
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-06-2020, 21:06:13 »
Excellent work Ivan!, I was testing the two maps and no errors, Except Tali32, That error that you said appears when you want to board the Finnish T34 that regenerates when the last flag is conquered, The game closes instantly, But after the Tali 16, A show!, Dan fight the Finns haha!  ;)

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-06-2020, 02:06:17 »
Thank you very much Ivanwazowsky. Any new coop maps is greatly appreciated.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-06-2020, 05:06:30 »
Ah yes Ivan, yes! You made my day here as well! I'm studying about navmeshing and it's not a piece of cake, for sure. Mainly, as you said, if the map is large and complex. I think that navmeshing those huge babies must be like take a vacation in hell.

I'll be downloading, installing and testing them just now, and I'll be back with feedback, for sure. For now, I can only thank you for your efforts and dedication here in SP/COOP lair :P. They are much appreciated.

About your 64p layers, you could try to contact Darman here on the forums, or PM him for some advice. The guy is a master (added bot support for all the first EF maps) and could give you nice inputs on your projects. And the recently released CMP maps, would be a dream having them on COOP. I'm waiting eagerly to hear any news from you.

So, I wish you all the best on your projects, and thanks again!

batistadk

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-06-2020, 11:06:35 »
Thanks for your comments guys  ;)

Excellent work Ivan!, I was testing the two maps and no errors, Except Tali32, That error that you said appears when you want to board the Finnish T34 that regenerates when the last flag is conquered, The game closes instantly, But after the Tali 16, A show!, Dan fight the Finns haha!  ;)

I will try to fix it as soon as possible. thanks a lot for the feedback. it is easy to fix.

Have a nice day
« Last Edit: 25-06-2020, 15:06:09 by Ivanwazowsky »

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26-06-2020, 00:06:20 »
I tried all 4 maps and everything is working alright! The gameplay is just fine, no crashes at all.

Ivan, you should consider exchange the Russian tankist kit on both maps for the standard engineer kit, with the Mosin Nagant M38. This way Russians can have more firepower in their infantry. For now, a considerable number of them are going to battle with just their old Nagant revolvers.

You did such a great work on these maps, well done! Thanks again!

batistadk

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26-06-2020, 12:06:36 »
******  i updated the download link due to a crash problem. it is fixed now.

I tried all 4 maps and everything is working alright! The gameplay is just fine, no crashes at all.

Ivan, you should consider exchange the Russian tankist kit on both maps for the standard engineer kit, with the Mosin Nagant M38. This way Russians can have more firepower in their infantry. For now, a considerable number of them are going to battle with just their old Nagant revolvers.

You did such a great work on these maps, well done! Thanks again!

batistadk

yes i can do.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26-06-2020, 21:06:18 »
Fantastic work Ivan, I am delighted to see a continuous community effort to bring Bot support to the great Eastern Front maps!

A couple things I noticed: The navmesh on Ihantala needs adjustments for the vehicle pathing. Russian armor will almost inevitably get stuck after the first objective - maybe you will have to modify the map and remove the trenches that cut through the roads or get rid of a couple trees to fix this. I also noticed little to no effort by the soviet vehicles to move towards the second objective (they were stuck of course, but still), which might indicate the AI is not even seeing a possible way to get into the capture zone with tanks.

Unless it is intentional to prevent bot-blobbing at flags, the strategic zones should be set up in a way that will not allow the AI commander to issue attack orders onto non-capturable base flags. On Ihantala, the Finnish AI will in the beginning try to assault the Russian base (impossible to accomplish), instead of digging in around the objective.

In general, it is a good idea to create _coop clones of the maps and vehicle files instead of overwriting the original FH2 files and folders. This will ensure multiplayer compatibility for those who care.

That being said, impressive work so far! I look forward to your work on the Pacific Maps, something I was never able to tackle.

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27-06-2020, 10:06:00 »
Fantastic work Ivan, I am delighted to see a continuous community effort to bring Bot support to the great Eastern Front maps!

A couple things I noticed: The navmesh on Ihantala needs adjustments for the vehicle pathing. Russian armor will almost inevitably get stuck after the first objective - maybe you will have to modify the map and remove the trenches that cut through the roads or get rid of a couple trees to fix this. I also noticed little to no effort by the soviet vehicles to move towards the second objective (they were stuck of course, but still), which might indicate the AI is not even seeing a possible way to get into the capture zone with tanks.

Unless it is intentional to prevent bot-blobbing at flags, the strategic zones should be set up in a way that will not allow the AI commander to issue attack orders onto non-capturable base flags. On Ihantala, the Finnish AI will in the beginning try to assault the Russian base (impossible to accomplish), instead of digging in around the objective.

In general, it is a good idea to create _coop clones of the maps and vehicle files instead of overwriting the original FH2 files and folders. This will ensure multiplayer compatibility for those who care.

That being said, impressive work so far! I look forward to your work on the Pacific Maps, something I was never able to tackle.

Thanks for your kind words and suggestions, Darman. Non-capable flags should be one-way neighbourhood. i will fi it. Yes vehicles are getting stucked even if i put many vehicle waypoints on the navmesh area. i will try to improve them.
« Last Edit: 27-06-2020, 11:06:46 by Ivanwazowsky »

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02-07-2020, 15:07:26 »
Download link has been updated. Some broken files are fixed now. This is my bad. :-X  I'm sorry for that. Pls redownload the pack!!!!

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02-07-2020, 17:07:16 »
Thanks again dude! Since I already have the maps, I just need the objects server file now is that correct?

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07-07-2020, 14:07:12 »
I updated the download link due to update 2.57v. Check the first post. You must redownload the pack in order to play.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07-07-2020, 16:07:31 »
Done, thanks!

Offline MorganH.

• 'We shall never surrender'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07-07-2020, 19:07:01 »
Dear Ivan, thank you so much for the updated folders and for your lenghty kind help to get my Coop issues fixed today !
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"