Author Topic: [Texture] Matt_Baker's Texture Pack (Image Heavy)  (Read 17617 times)

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
Re: [Texture] Matt_Baker's Texture Pack (Image Heavy)
« Reply #45 on: 24-12-2015, 11:12:41 »
The PzIV skins look really awesome. I stumbled across them on the server and was a little bit suprised.

really nice work! I hope there are more textures to come!

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10-02-2016, 04:02:03 »
Hey guys, just a reminder to run the Community Updater and re-install my texture pack after updating to FH2.5.

Once you update to 2.5 it overwrites the texture pack so you need to install it again. It's a quick install.

I will hopefully be updating the texture pack soon with the Pegasus Camo for the PzIV and maybe some other cool stuff. Stay tuned.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10-02-2016, 04:02:33 »
Hey guys, just a reminder to run the Community Updater and re-install my texture pack after updating to FH2.5.

Once you update to 2.5 it overwrites the texture pack so you need to install it again. It's a quick install.

I will hopefully be updating the texture pack soon with the Pegasus Camo for the PzIV and maybe some other cool stuff. Stay tuned.

on the community updater program when i run it, the 2 buttons at the bottom of the menu are just barely on the screen. any way to make the menu screen larger so the buttons show up?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10-02-2016, 05:02:28 »
@kev Not sure ??? Harmon is the one who created the updater. Maybe he could give you a work around?

http://www.762-ranking.de/site/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=183

IS-2
Also, I've been seeing a lot of questions about the markings of the IS-2 on Seelow Heights since the update. Since I created the diffuse texture, I can explain it a bit for those who care. ;)

104 Arm. Reg. 7th Guards Brigade

I chose the late-war markings of the 7th Guards Brigade who fought in and around Berlin during the final days of the war. Partly because they probably fought around the Seelow Heights area and because their markings were badass and represented the late war markings of the Russians in April 1945.

http://www.wio.ru/tank/oz/7gottb-en.htm

The markings have plenty of meaning;

White Stripes
Soviet tanks during the 2nd World War were uniformly painted in very dark green. In 1944-45 tactical insignia began to be applied more widely, mainly to assist in traffic control during offensive operations. This IS-2 shows the elaborate markings sometimes seen towards the end of the war. The white turret bands and white roof cross were part of an April 1945 agreement between the Red Army and Anglo-American military leaders to prevent Allied fighter bombers from attacking Soviet Armored columns as the two forces met in Germany.

The Polar Bear
The 7th Guards Tank Brigade's insignia was a white polar bear on a red star. The badge was a result of the brigade's earlier service. At the time of the German invasion this unit was the 46th Tank Division of the 21st Mechanised Corps operating in the Baltic Area. After the defeats of 1941, it was reorganized as the 46th Tank Brigade and fought in the Leningrad Area. It was renamed as the 7th Guards in 1944 in recognition of its combat performance and took part in the offensive against Finland in the summer of that year.

In November 1944 the brigade fought against German troops around Petsamo in the Arctic circle. It was this campaign that the polar bear insignia commemorated. After returning from the far North, the brigade turned in its T-34 tanks and was re-equipped with IS-2 Stalin tanks. It was as one of the new heavy tank brigades that it fought in the last offensives against Germany, and took part in the fighting in the center of Berlin.

Tac Numbers
The brigade had three regiments, the 104th, 105th and 106th. The first digit of the tactical number on the turret identified the regiment. In this case the 104th.

IS-2 Heavy tank 1944-73 by Steven J Zaloga

A patriotic slogan in Russian (which reads "Stalinetz") is painted on the rear part of the turret.

Hope this clears some stuff up. This is just a small example of the painstaking historical accuracy that FH2 strives for. ;D

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10-02-2016, 08:02:14 »
on the community updater program when i run it, the 2 buttons at the bottom of the menu are just barely on the screen. any way to make the menu screen larger so the buttons show up?

Can you post a screenshot of what you mean please?
I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10-02-2016, 10:02:44 »
here is an example 

they are even lower when actually going through the update process

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 18-02-2016, 03:02:39 »
Can't wait to see your next texture pack :)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 20-02-2016, 19:02:48 »
Actually just realized that the Pegasus camo should already be in the latest texture pack. Just update the texture pack through the community updater and you'll have a new skin for Pegasus;

Pegasus

21. Pz.Div 4th Company 2nd Platoon Vehicle#7

Offline PoliorcetE

• En lutte contre le crabe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 20-02-2016, 19:02:25 »
Hi all
just to say i love your work , it's very impressive !   :)

A+
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01-07-2016, 04:07:28 »
UPDATE: FW190

hey guys, no real time to post the pictures and history background, but if you update the community updater you'll find some new skins in my texture pack ;)

FW190 skins for all maps (except Totalize which keeps the original) ad a new PzIV skin for Dukla Pass and well as some small cosmetic updates to most vehicles.

Hope you enjoy!

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01-07-2016, 11:07:03 »
Nice! Updating now. To update i'm supposed to press the repair button right?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 01-07-2016, 19:07:51 »
Yup, yup :)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05-07-2016, 04:07:30 »
Quick Bump; First Post Updated with unit info and pictures of the new FW190 skins. Use the community updater to update these skins.

Focke Wulf 190 A-8

Bastogne

8./JG 300 "Pilot; Lt.Viktor Heimann"

Meuse River

JG 1

Operation Cobra

Kommandeur II./JG 1 "Pilot; CO Maj. Hauptmann Heinz Bar"

Seelow Heights

IV/ JG 54 "Black 7"

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05-07-2016, 18:07:59 »
Hi Matt, love your texture pack! If I may suggest something... it would be nice if you could consider making textures for British vehicles used on Greece maps or vehicles used by Canadians on their maps so they would be more distinctive. Sorry for my bad english... Keep up the good work! ;)

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05-07-2016, 19:07:28 »
+1 Good job