Author Topic: EXPERIMENTAL AI SOLUTIONS FOR SP/COOP (Community effort)  (Read 61810 times)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: The Single Player Fan Project: Work to be done and feedback
« Reply #105 on: 20-01-2011, 12:01:59 »
Had started looking at commo rose some time ago but unfortunately gave up  :'(  due to lack of time and coding knowledge....
You will definitely manage to sort it Devilman seeing the work done on the helicopter huds in bf2  ;)

Agree with Djinn ^ Imo better have as much uniformity between SP and MP as possible

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #106 on: 20-01-2011, 19:01:38 »
I like how you are thinking DJBarney.

Good. Hopefully my 2011 thinking is better because it was sorta cockeyed in 2010  ::)

A quick question. Is there still a CTD on mounting the British deployed MG tripod kit ? Just got this on Gazala. I suppose I could have made a mistake installing some of the updates.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 20-01-2011, 20:01:27 »
Weird. I dont ctd with that mg. Bots just don't fire is all. The just get on it and aim.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #108 on: 20-01-2011, 21:01:01 »
You can mount it and fire yourself ? If so I'll have to check my set up.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 20-01-2011, 21:01:26 »
Yes we can :-D

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 21-01-2011, 00:01:09 »
You will definitely manage to sort it Devilman seeing the work done on the helicopter huds in bf2  ;)

Are you sure FH2 wants assistance from me,one of those so called 'bfeditor.org monkeys'
How embarrassing would it be,if people found out,that the team who won the MOTY award,had a bfeditor.org monkey doing some of their work  :P

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 21-01-2011, 06:01:47 »
The FH dev team isnt as inflated as other dev teams, and they were actually visibly surprised and excited when they won.

You are good, devilman, but you aren't a teamplayer is all - and cocky as hell. But if anyone can help us here, you can.

I am no dev, but if any help can be done in a reuseable format, I know remick would be happy to use it.

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 21-01-2011, 08:01:47 »
You are good, devilman, but you aren't a teamplayer is all - and cocky as hell. But if anyone can help us here, you can.

You have shown here, on numerous occasions,that you are absolutely totally, incapable of doing the very basic and simplest form of coding
But you somehow feel you are entitled to criticize the way i do my coding,even after seeing the result that I obtain

The only requirements of coding BF2,are the ability to read and write English
The exact same requirements of posting in this forum
Your user stats show that you have spent 46 days, 23 hours and 5 minutes online in this forum
May i suggest spending a bit less time reading and writing in this forum,get off your lazy ass,and start to learn to code yourself

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 21-01-2011, 08:01:21 »
I'm not criticizing your coding, I criticize the fact that you do it in isolation. Any help we recieve in solving issues needs to be in a format that won't just work as an extra DL, but can be ported or copied into the official build to make the mod better. That's all I'm saying.

Regarding my coding, I think I do well where I am. Few have the comprehensive understanding about what is required in singleplayer, the current issues, troubleshooting or has made a coup to solve it in any permanent way.

With such things as functional artillery, and vehicle-camping, I have a clear hand in 2.3 AI. So yer, I'm good where I am.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 21-01-2011, 09:01:06 »
Come on people, chill! We all want to see a better Fh2 in the end so that should suffice! There's no need to go personal. Djinn you have the ability to entice people into persisting to solve a problem, while Devilman works alone to produce incredible work...everyone is free to choose how to contribute to this awesome mod.  ;D

Re:
The only requirements of coding BF2,are the ability to read and write English

I would add: some knowledge of phyton and some level of curiosity / experimenting etc..  ;)

« Last Edit: 21-01-2011, 09:01:04 by Raziel »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 21-01-2011, 10:01:00 »
And to set the record straight, I'm a very competent coder. I did an entire degree in computer science and I've been tinkering with code since I was 7 using Basic and QBasic with no documentation to help me, but I'm more a designer than a coder - I hate code, I have a phobia for code, and I get bored with code. That's why I speak with authority but wont code.

We all come with our contributions right?

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 21-01-2011, 10:01:17 »
while Devilman works alone to produce incredible work

I have worked with dozens of people in forums and in Team Speak,and many times if the person I am working with,doesnt have a similar working knowledge of BF2 coding,I end up spending as much time,or even more time explaining things to them,then actually coding with them
I am currently working with USI Dev Guedoe,in regards to debugging the next release of USI,and have never had to explain anything,as he understand what i am talking about

I do things the way I do,because I know its the most efficient,quickest and least frustrating way

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 21-01-2011, 10:01:19 »
Thing is though, locking a vehicle such that even if a human gets in, he gets stuck is NOT the most efficient way to get bots to camp static guns, for instance... So excuse me when i ask questions.

We had to redo ALOT of 2.0 code because THEY were going for quick and dirty... and it wasn't a robust system

THAT's what I mean by working in a team. It helps us to get a solution that can be part of the final build, not just a temporary fix.

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 21-01-2011, 10:01:16 »
Thing is though, locking a vehicle such that even if a human gets in, he gets stuck is NOT the most efficient way to get bots to camp static guns, for instance...

if the person I am working with,doesnt have a similar working knowledge of BF2 coding,I end up spending as much time,or even more time explaining things to them,then actually coding with them

I do things the way I do,because I know its the most efficient,quickest and least frustrating way

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 21-01-2011, 11:01:09 »
First off, you said its all English right? Then it doesn't take a rocket-scientist to know that its daft to lock a vehicle to keep bots on it using a technique that makes that vehicle a flytrap for human players.

That is NOT efficient - Quick, sure.... but not efficient. We HAVE efficient now, and thats working for us in that instance.

You know what I take it back. If you can help, do. If you are going need an ego rub to do so, don't. Seriously, we have some good AI done and Drawde, Remick04 and even Clivewil are still on board (I communicate with them via PMs all the time), and it didn't require rubbing anyone's ego, nor did it involve half-baked ideas that weren't even portable to the final result.

I'm done with this argument
« Last Edit: 21-01-2011, 11:01:58 by djinn »