Author Topic: EXPERIMENTAL AI SOLUTIONS FOR SP/COOP (Community effort)  (Read 61968 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: The Single Player Fan Project: Work to be done and feedback
« Reply #90 on: 14-11-2010, 13:11:25 »
Dude, lose the attitude, ok. I'm just asking cuz i realize I havent seen bots using them since, even after using Drawde's custom strategicareas.ai which made bots use all of them

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #91 on: 16-01-2011, 17:01:52 »
Did a quick search but could not find this. Does 2.3 include Smoke grenade (and possibly shell) feature that blinds AI to smoke ? It's possible to spawn a see through sphere that lasts as long as the smoke. This successfully blocks bot vision. N@W uses the code originally released by Satnav (BFSP). I'm interested in  getting this going if its not already in there.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 16-01-2011, 20:01:59 »
No. Its not in.

Interesting idea. Want to help us figure out more about this code?

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #93 on: 16-01-2011, 21:01:47 »
Yes. I was beta testing this early last year before I was dragged away by something else. Just have to dig out what I as doing.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 17-01-2011, 09:01:20 »
Will be happy if you did as this might be useful for bushes also - as long as they blindly return fire through it.

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #95 on: 17-01-2011, 22:01:17 »
I suppose a template could be set up to temporarily remove a transparent mesh in a bush or along a hedge when a human player shoots through it so as to allow AI to return fire. I'd rather get smoke going first as it sounds easier and does not involve altering the levels.

BTW has anyone looked at restoring SP comma rose functionality ? If that's possible then I guess it would probably have to be an independent release either individually here or through BFSP so as not to mess with core FH MP game play.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 18-01-2011, 09:01:52 »
Not yet sadly. Remick himself said its flashing on his to-do list. Seeing how he manages to work like a human-production line when he has the time, I can rest assured its in good hands.

But yer, that one would be a major addition to command and control

I'd say we can investigate it here. at least give him something to work with so he doesn't need to explore it alone.

EDIT
Ok, so I've figured out that the situation that causes flags to be changed from one team to the other while still spawning the former team (double-cap flags) is not in fact as a result of having both sides on the flag at the time of capture, but too many people of the capturing team on it. It seems the problem arises when the flag is capped faster due to many soldiers capturing it - Somehow in SP this breaks the system....

eg. try rushing for Ramelle first flag before any other bot gets to it, and you wouldn't have an issue capping it; let the army get there, and you might suffer that initial double-cap.

I guess its a place to start, no?
« Last Edit: 18-01-2011, 10:01:22 by djinn »

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 19-01-2011, 12:01:43 »
BTW has anyone looked at restoring SP comma rose functionality ? If that's possible then I guess it would probably have to be an independent release either individually here or through BFSP so as not to mess with core FH MP game play.

Work in progress

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 19-01-2011, 12:01:57 »
sweee-eet! Any chance of it coming a package like Drawde's mod, so it can simply be dropped in and a change to objects server.con made to include it? I'm trying to get all optional add-ons to be easy plug-ins here on out.

great work man! right behind you on this.

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #99 on: 19-01-2011, 18:01:04 »
Looks good. Would be nice to have it consistent with the official FH comma rose graphics.

I found the template and sphere model download I was working with for the smoke grenade. So I'll fiddle with that for a while.

I did a quick forum search and I could see no mention of this, but it could make FH SP experience quite special if it's possible. Has anyone tried making the AI respond to suppression FX (the blurred screen), or is it even on there already and I never noticed till now (doubtful). I have never played on line, but it seems obvious enough that the entire point of suppression is so that FFF tactics work - Find, Fix, Flank, which of course can't be done with AI in its present form as they just keep on coming. Maybe some kind of trigger that would force them into prone as the MG does ?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 19-01-2011, 18:01:23 »
I like how you are thinking DJBarney.

well, in St Lo, I tend to engage the church mg since bots tend to focus on those currently engaging them. This allows my team to move up to the church with fewer casualties. However, actual suppression... hmmm

It might actually require code. Let me get back to you. I want to ask Clivewil and see what he thinks. Any workaround solutions? Please post them here. This would defnintely put SP on a more tactical level than online slogfest. It already plays more like WW2 than online play, so why stop now :-)

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 20-01-2011, 10:01:16 »
Looks good. Would be nice to have it consistent with the official FH comma rose graphics.

Do you mean all the boxes on the bottom of the screen ?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 20-01-2011, 11:01:10 »
yer, that's what he means. I for one would rather it be this way, but Fh2 still has its square-at-the-bottom-thing, so :-(

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 20-01-2011, 11:01:41 »
yer, that's what he means. I for one would rather it be this way, but Fh2 still has its square-at-the-bottom-thing, so :-(

Something tells me,you dont have much experience at working with button nodes and  HUD's  :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 20-01-2011, 12:01:25 »
umm.. no. But all I'm saying is, I would prefer you kept your commo-rose, but for uniformity, I guess, it may be best if it were in the same fashion as the current Fh2 comm-bar

We aren't arguing here