Author Topic: BringWar sound modification for FH2  (Read 7407 times)

Offline blander

• View Profile
Re: BringWar sound modification for FH2
« Reply #15 on: 23-01-2018, 07:01:46 »
Is it possible to randomize sounds which originally aren´t? I mean, is the unique soundtrack for a grenade explosion a coded limitant? Or is it possible to have 6 different grenade explosion sounds, for example? I don´t know how this works in the BF2 engine. Does it need to have the grenade code modified? If this was the case, the only way to fix it would be with a FH2 patch. I hope I made myself clear.

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23-01-2018, 20:01:11 »
As I said before, I'm not a sound engineer, I managed to understand the way clientarchives.con works but I don't think I'll be able to randomize sounds that are not already.

They are some things I would love to have the knowledge to be able to change them...

Like the way airplane sounds works, it's not directional, there is a Doppler effect but a flyby would never sound realistic as you only have one .wav file. War Thunder has done a big sound update with actual directional sound. The plane would sound different from the front, the side and the rear. So when it passes over you, you have 3 sounds applied to every stage of the movement. And with the current sound mods being worked on will render very well.

But to sum up, I'm not your guy sadly, too complicated for me...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23-01-2018, 21:01:30 »
The plane would sound different from the front, the side and the rear. So when it passes over you, you have 3 sounds applied to every stage of the movement.
It actually sound slightly different in every stage of the movement in FH2, since BF2 game engine supports a simple "doppler effect" and applies it automatically by adding and lowering the sound pitch to that one .wav file you have, which btw is supposed to be the "neutral" sound of a plane's running engine. The other two .wav files each plane have are there for engine start and stop if I recall correctly. Obviously it's a very simple system, but so is pretty much everything in this more than a decade old engine, except for the coding itself  :P
« Last Edit: 23-01-2018, 21:01:22 by jan_kurator »

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23-01-2018, 21:01:11 »
I agree totally!

Old engine, simple system.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23-01-2018, 22:01:32 »
I agree totally!

Old engine, simple system.

Simple systems, and great graphics!

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23-01-2018, 23:01:17 »
Great graphics FH2? Well not that bad with shardersfrom the devs but the differences between next gen titles and FH2 are pretty obvious.

Nevertheless, ultimate ww2 experience. A bit too fast paced imo but the only true ww2 shooter.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23-01-2018, 23:01:18 »
Great graphics FH2? Well not that bad with shardersfrom the devs but the differences between next gen titles and FH2 are pretty obvious.

Nevertheless, ultimate ww2 experience. A bit too fast paced imo but the only true ww2 shooter.

Yeah, but if you install Reshade it looks pretty damn good! I agree 100%, the only true WW2 shooter. Too bad the community isn't larger though.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25-01-2018, 20:01:37 »
I'm curious. where did you get those awesome voice overs for the USA, Germans, and British? They sound awesome! :)

Offline Balloon with mustard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25-04-2018, 13:04:36 »
You can check it out in GermanSoldat videos. One of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GKS7QVQjrk

Sgt.Robharts, good work sir! I was impressed by your mod when I watched GermanSoldat videos. Its increasing immersion a lot especially these dying soldiers moans.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26-04-2018, 18:04:15 »
It sure is a very good mod. I would tweak a few things like I posted some months ago. The moans are good though a bit long imo. They sound good from the distance but I bet you wouldn´t be able to make any sound after being hit by 10 bullets in a second.

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10-06-2018, 20:06:01 »
Hey guys, sorry for answering this late. I took a break of gaming.

I'm back since the release of the update for fh2

And now i read your messages.

So thank you for your kind words, and Blander, i didn't work on the ponts you highlighted.

Thank you for showi g me the livestream of GermanSoldat, I was happy to see someone using it.

Nevertheless, in my game, I don't hear the same sounds than him. I've got. No moaning dying sounds, not the same tank engine, or rifle sounds... He maybe have modified some, which is fine, i actually like those.

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19-07-2018, 18:07:25 »
Well,

I've been working on it since my last message,

New version is uploaded on my link on MEGA.NZ.

I reworked:

Suppression sounds
Some distant sounds
Changed Crusader, Cromwell and Churchill tanks engines to vanilla
Reworked every handheld weapon and MGs, as well as Tank shooting sound from 1st person.
Modified turrets rotation system sounds (manual, hydraulic and electric)

Things i'd like some info:
Can't find a way to change the BF109 TROP engine sound, quite annoying.
Can't find a way either to change every RU tank engine sounds.

If someone could help me, would be appreciated!

Hope you'll enjoy it, it's not perfect and everyone is free to upgrade it to have it to his taste.

See you!

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20-07-2018, 08:07:38 »
Still no video? ;)

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20-07-2018, 14:07:36 »
Oh...