Author Topic: Game crashes  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Dr.No

• View Profile
Re: Game crashes
« Reply #15 on: 04-05-2010, 16:05:01 »

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04-05-2010, 18:05:35 »
Two things I noticed:

- Your path seem to be Libraries/documents/battlefield 2/mods. Is Libraries your username ? Or is this a Windows 7 feature.

- Second. Delete the BF2.tmp file again. Right click the icon with which you start FH2. Go to properties -> compatibility and click, if possible, on Run this program as administrator. Also try to see if any of the Compatibility modes work for you.

Did you install FH2 and BF2 on the C drive. Some member have problems with Win7 and BF2 installed on the C: Drive.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Dr.No

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04-05-2010, 18:05:11 »
Libraries is a Win7 feature, when i delete bf2.tmp same moment I join a server game crashes

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #18 on: 04-05-2010, 18:05:47 »
Mate, I got Windows 7 myself and you got it installed on the wrong please.

Remove FH2 and BF2 and reinstall it in C:/Program Files.

Not in your library!!!
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04-05-2010, 20:05:04 »
Mate, I got Windows 7 myself and you got it installed on the wrong please.

Remove FH2 and BF2 and reinstall it in C:/Program Files.

Not in your library!!!

Fuchs, he hasn't got the game files installed in the the Library. What you see  in the screenshot are the folders that BF2 created in the My Documents folder.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04-05-2010, 20:05:24 »
Libraries is a Win7 feature, when i delete bf2.tmp same moment I join a server game crashes

Which error did you receive ?

Offline Dr.No

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04-05-2010, 20:05:29 »
Couldnt create .tmp folder and couldnt move fh2 folder to bf2 folder :S

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04-05-2010, 20:05:27 »
Check if you have UAC on or an anti virus progam that is disallowing the renaming action.
Also did you set the properties on the file with which you start FH2. Tried different compability modes ?

Do you have the retail version or the download version of BF2.

If all that fails, delete all folders in the Libraries/documents/battlefield 2/mods folder, start BF2 - run a multiplayer game. Disconnect properly form the server. Exit BF2. Start FH2. Join Multiplayer game. Keep fingers crossed.

When you receive an error, make a screenshot of it.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #23 on: 04-05-2010, 22:05:14 »
Oops, I see it now, yes  :P Sorry! Better for Fuchs to stay out of this area lol.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Dr.No

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05-05-2010, 15:05:49 »
This is weird, my game stopped crashing itself  ??? but now I got the bug again - cant see tank tracks or camos that cover tanks/planes spawns   ;D

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05-05-2010, 20:05:11 »
I had this problem too on certain drivers for my videocard.
You can try two things:

1) Delete your FH2 Shaders cache. It will rebuild itself during map start.
2) Try other drivers for you videocard. After installing new videocard, clear your shaders first.

For testing purpose I recommend you start single player, because that loads a few seconds faster.

Offline Jawklin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06-05-2010, 07:05:21 »
I've been having the same problem here with the bf2.tmp (Win7 also). I was noticing a change in folder names when I took out the bf2.tmp from Documents\Battlefield 2\mods.

I don't know if it's relevant or not, but both the bf2 and fh2 folders change into bf2.tmp, which would explain the overwrite error. 

Screenie if you're interested
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4583460634_195b1caafe_o.png

I tried a bunch of solutions and no go so far, but I'll report back if I do figure something out.