Author Topic: Low FPS on a hight end system  (Read 4492 times)

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
Re: Low FPS on a hight end system
« Reply #15 on: 15-05-2010, 14:05:46 »
Seradest,

You have the 2D core problem. Your card is running at 1/4th its performance all the time. This is a known problem, you can fix this in various ways. No need to be sulking in a corner...! Your poor english is the main reason you did not fix it yet, so get a tweaker friend with good knowledge of english that can fix your pc for you. Simple.

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15-05-2010, 18:05:28 »
try disabeling amd cool and quiet in bios it can help a bit. We are aware that some maps have performance problems in normandy this is largely due to improper use of drawcalls and texture sheets in the new statics. You get these issues even in luttich? Some maps will get performance optimizations for next patch.

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #17 on: 15-05-2010, 18:05:59 »
Fenring,

His problems are not due to FH2. They are due to stupid ati issues that force some of their videocards to get stuck in 2D performance mode, or low perf. 3D mode. Meaning his card is clocked at 1/4th or 1/6 or so of his regular speed...

He needs to fix this (I did it by overclocking it manually with overclocking software, that fixed it right away)

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16-05-2010, 12:05:11 »
Any links or refs to this problem, any benchmarks that show i affects bf2? I have never heard about it. Any links that show you how to do this?

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #19 on: 16-05-2010, 12:05:10 »
Fenring, just google it...

http://www.google.com/search?num=30&hl=en&q=ati+stuck+2d+clocks&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

you see many people where for example their 5970 is stuck at 400Mhz/900Mhz in 2d and 3d mode. This is quite low for that card, but still similar to HD3650 or so in performance (and hence it works okay on SOME maps, but not on others).

It's a very well documented problem. Solutions are installing overclocking software and manually forcing the speed (I dont know anything of 5xxx cards, but the regular software like rivatuner is not compatible) and manually changing 2D speeds in bios to same as 3D (I did that on my previous card).

Offline Seradest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17-05-2010, 01:05:57 »
i buying a nvidia card end of this year i promise.......
but 250 W and 350€ cost........... and a card that not fit in my desktop..........

sorry why make nvidia soooo big card that are  need so many Watt and why are they so loud and has so high temperature...... why cant make nvidia cool and quiet cards that cost 250€ ?

arg  :-\
« Last Edit: 17-05-2010, 01:05:02 by Seradest »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17-05-2010, 09:05:37 »
Just fix the problem as described above and all is well. Stay with ATI... or buy a powerplant. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #22 on: 17-05-2010, 11:05:02 »
i buying a nvidia card end of this year i promise.......
but 250 W and 350€ cost........... and a card that not fit in my desktop..........

sorry why make nvidia soooo big card that are  need so many Watt and why are they so loud and has so high temperature...... why cant make nvidia cool and quiet cards that cost 250€ ?

arg  :-\

Just overclock the card, or email ATI/Your card brand to complain about your problem! Find solutions, dont give up.

Offline Seradest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17-05-2010, 16:05:34 »
Just fix the problem as described above and all is well. Stay with ATI... or buy a powerplant. ^^

i have deactivate cool and quiet in bios ......... nothing change