Author Topic: Lag and warping of ground units (bots)  (Read 4285 times)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
Re: Lag and warping of ground units (bots)
« Reply #15 on: 20-04-2012, 23:04:32 »
Alright,
I traced my IP via tracert command and the results for the loopback IP and my IP are as follows:
LOOPBACK:

1      >1 ms     >1 ms  USERNAME [127.0.0.1]

My IP:

1      >1 ms     >1 ms  USERNAME.ROUTERNAME [MY IP ADRESS]

Offline MaxP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21-04-2012, 13:04:04 »
And how about the rest of? :)
The God of Localhost tell me that you need to do this anyway, with anyones help or without. But only if you really want to solve this problem on your current OS.

Even if you not familiar enough with IT, just monitor
amount of RAM and % of CPU load
with your Task Manager. Make at least it. This is the only way to find the problem by yourself :)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21-04-2012, 22:04:45 »
Good evening everyone,
I finally managed to screenshot the RAM and CPU usage of the server (core 0) and FH2 (cores 1,2,3)  :D .
I attached the file to my post.

And sorry MaxP, but your link doesn't work  :-\

Offline MaxP

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22-04-2012, 18:04:48 »
And sorry MaxP, but your link doesn't work  :-\
Sorry, there is a my mistake in tags (http://"http), but the link points to my previous post with description of your possible actions.
If you wish, I may try to help you with primary diagnostics via TeamViewer, contact with me by ICQ (215002630), jabber (maxpv1981@jabber.ru) or email (maxpv1981@gmail.com). All I need is a TeamViewer ID, you can get it at application start (and, of course, not running any torrent/downloads).

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14-03-2013, 17:03:54 »
I just checked on the ping and it ranges from 15 to 78. On top of that I would like to mention that I have a very bad hit detection; using SMGs is plain useless, those bastards mow me down with their pistols after I pumped half a magazine into them with my Thompson  :P . It is very obvious that those issues must be inter-woven. This really makes FH2 impossible to play, bots can't shoot me when I am flat on the ground. Bloody hell, I even survived a salvo from an MG42, although each shot hit me. Into my head. In the end, I just got back up and walked away  :-\ .

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 15-03-2013, 15:03:23 »
You should be getting better ping from local host than that. BTW I don't think BF2 measures localhost ping accurately, although it's obvious enough in the gameplay if your ping is OK or not. In my testing BF2 usually takes a few seconds to settle down when you fist start it - you may see soldiers and vehicles jumping along for a few seconds to begin with.

Vista and, I think, Win7 handle CPU core scheduling automatically, at least in my testing there is not need for an affinity setter in Vista (but XP needs it).

From the sound of it you need to go thoroughly through some kind of hardware/OS tweaking guide such as this ...

http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html

It can take some time but is a lot better than randomly trying different solutions and getting more and more frustrated. The owner of that website ( http://www.tweakguides.com/Contact.html ) is a genuine technical guru when it comes to this kind of thing.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15-03-2013, 15:03:32 »
Thanks for your reply, DJBarney! I will check it out immediately. I just ragequit from a round on Bardia, everything was plain lovely except those pesky bots hopping around the map being invulnerable. Actually, I shot an Italian straight into the face three times at a distance of less than a hundred yards and he returned fire killing me  :P .

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 15-03-2013, 17:03:47 »
I would like to add that bardia is especially bad. Also, I just randomly checked my ping and it was at 125, shortly after spiking to 2153 and then returning to 31  :P .

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16-03-2013, 20:03:06 »
Unfortunately, the tweaking guide you sent me contained no solution for my problem, but I found some other, very interesting hints for improving performance init. Thanks for posting  ;) . Does anyone know how this high and unstable ping comes into being? If I play SP, everything is back to normal, same with COOP. As soon as I run the round with a dedicated server, I am getting the aforementoined issues.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 17-03-2013, 12:03:21 »
Did you work through the guide or did you just look through it ? You need to at least read the introduction. If you are unwilling to do that then, by the sound of it, I don't think you will find a solution.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17-03-2013, 12:03:46 »
I studied it thoroughly, but since the matter is very complicated I assume that I will have to read it at least twice in order to obtain the information needed. Actually, I am really desperate for finding a solution, because FH2 is not too enjoyable the way it is right now. I shall post my progress in this thread.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17-03-2013, 22:03:49 »
I researched the data of my CPU and RAM. Here it goes:
CPU: Intel Core i5-750 @ 2.67 GHZ, socket 1156 LGA
RAM: DDR3, 6144 MB

Also, I did as recommended and conducted a route map and took a screenshot. However, it is larger than 200kb, so I am unshure if I can attach it. Errm, ok, I just realised that it is not possible. How can I check if everything is in order? How should it look like? I'd be very grateful for any replies.

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19-03-2013, 00:03:15 »
Beware, you can fiddle with your network settings hours and easily ending in a situation worst than when you started.  My recommendation is that u find an application that will handle your network settings for u.  Those apps can analyze your traffic and network settings and optimize them.  They can also diagnose any problem and correct it. Finally, they let you rollback any changes made thru them.

I was always skeptical about this kind of software until i got one for "free" bundled with my mobo.  The app is named  "asus ROG Gamefirst II", and it shapes your network traffic by prioritize games connections over apps.  For weeks, i decided to not install the software, thinking that it just another useless "bloatware" as thousand others packaged with mobos.  At some point, I decided to giving it a try mostly because i was not satisfied by the fact that, even if my FPS was near perfect in FH2, the hit detection wasn't working as it should (and as i experienced on my friend rig with much lower specs).  The game was also "rubberbanding" and i got a strange feeling of lag like hanging in game static models.      The result is that since it's installed and running in background, i can kill someone with SMG even when i'm connected to european servers (i'm canadian), what was nearly impossible before.  I can also jump thru windows on first attempt.

Now the bad news, Gamefirst app is not free and cannot be bough retail.  Fortunately, it's only a rebranding for a tier party application called "cFosSpeed" that u can find at this address http://www.cfos.de/en/cfosspeed/cfosspeed.htm?__ntrack_pv=1.   The app is not cheap (around 15$) but you can probably find a free software alternative.   I can't assure you that it will fix your particular issue, but for me it worked far beyond my expectations, and that's why i took some of my time to share my experience.   Hope it can help you (or someone else).  BTW, I'm not linked with CfosSoftware or Asus.
« Last Edit: 19-03-2013, 17:03:35 by [QPS]_Sex_Bomb »

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19-03-2013, 22:03:57 »
Thanks a lot, mate! I bought it shortly after you posted the link! Now I am just waiting for the lads to find my payment. I will try it out immediately after I will have installed it. I shall post the results right here.

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20-03-2013, 17:03:02 »
Your welcome!  :)

Before judging if it fixes your networking issues, use the "calibrate line" functionality at least one time.  Also, add the forgottenhope.exe inside your game listing and give it the highest priority.  Finally, be sure that the global setting "Favor Ping" is activated before gaming.  You can switch back easily to "favor downloads" when you really need the max download bandwidth.