Author Topic: FH2 online etiquette  (Read 14357 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
FH2 online etiquette
« on: 19-03-2012, 02:03:18 »
Thought it might be interesting to have a thread to discuss online etiquette while playing FH2. You don't have to talk like a stately gentleman if you don't want to, but it's certainly encouraged.

What are some things you do online you wish other players did as well? What is your stance on waiting for vehicles to spawn - is it whoever waits longest should get it, or whoever grabs it first? Have you ever witnessed some extremely cool and unlikely bit of sportsmanship and fair play when playing FH2 online? What are some of the things you advise new players not to do? Morality is a weird word to use talking about shooting people over the internet, but are there any things other players often do that you refuse to out of principle? Not so much like camping/planewhoring, but shit other plays do without thinking about that you don't? This is the kind of thing I'm thinking of as what to discuss in this thread.

I know you all have at least some thoughts on this kind of thing, so pitch in and contribute. Don't be shy.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
Re: FH2 online etiquette
« Reply #1 on: 19-03-2012, 11:03:45 »
The only case you should grab the vehicle is that the guy waiting is really inexperienced and there is imminent threat that you can deal with immediately (such as incoming tank/squad), but I will bail my vehicle after the situation is clear and let him in, if he is still waiting/alive.

Well, sportsmanship is hard to define in this game, generally I would have no mercy unless people ask for a ceasefire or whatever. And yes, obeying orders of your SL is a respect to him.

And when a friendly is aiming do not run into his sights with yourself/your tank/your whatever unless necessary, it is like "wtf" when I missed an important kill due to this.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-03-2012, 12:03:29 »
There is nothing I hate more in FH2 than the people who whine when I bail from a crashing airplane, using my parachute (on the rare occasions I fly).
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-03-2012, 12:03:50 »
There is nothing I hate more in FH2 than the people who whine when I bail from a crashing airplane, using my parachute (on the rare occasions I fly).
Well it is just stupid. You will die anyway.

Offline Norman Rockwell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-03-2012, 12:03:42 »
Apologize if you accidentally team-kill someone. If you get team-killed, try not to freak out over it and if the teamkiller apologizes, just say "np" (no problem).

I generally don't wait around for vehicles to spawn. If I'm running towards a vehicle and I see that someone else on my team is also running towards it, I'll usually let them have it.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-03-2012, 12:03:34 »
I dont see a problem with bailers. If it's a good pilot you shot down, that should be satisfaction enough. Also, letting him ponce around on the ground means it will take longer for him to get back in the air. Only way I see bailing as douchy is when the bailer does not have a chute and just suicides into the ground. : /

Rules of thumb: Dont interfere with your team mates' playing. Help them when you can. Interfere with the other team's players.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19-03-2012, 13:03:39 »
If I see a teammate repairing his tank in the middle of nowhere and come by in my own tank, I often jump out and help him repairing. Always nice to help them halfing their repairing time. I´m always happy when somebody does that for me.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19-03-2012, 13:03:33 »
Well it is just stupid. You will die anyway.

Depends where you jump. Over a own mainbase, that's a wise thing to do.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-03-2012, 14:03:00 »

It's always a wise thing to do... Unless you aren't up to the "Biggest walking challenge - Get to friendly lines safely... or die trying!". Of course if you just want to find yourself in a shiny brand new plane 20 secs after being shot down bailing is not an option...

And honestly bailing is really rare as it takes time. Usually only 1 out of 10 pilots have the time to bail and these noobs usually don't take the parachute...

Also... if you have some friends you can arrange a jeep to come pick you up.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19-03-2012, 14:03:02 »

It's always a wise thing to do... Unless you aren't up to the "Biggest walking challenge - Get to friendly lines safely... or die trying!". Of course if you just want to find yourself in a shiny brand new plane 20 secs after being shot down bailing is not an option...

And honestly bailing is really rare as it takes time. Usually only 1 out of 10 pilots have the time to bail and these noobs usually don't take the parachute...

Also... if you have some friends you can arrange a jeep to come pick you up.

It's not wise in OOB area or over enemy main base :D

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19-03-2012, 14:03:18 »
If I see a teammate repairing his tank in the middle of nowhere and come by in my own tank, I often jump out and help him repairing. Always nice to help them halfing their repairing time. I´m always happy when somebody does that for me.

I also do this when I am near but I also am looking if I see enemy tanks in sight am destroy them first before I repair the damaged one or lay down an smoke screen around the damaged tank and my own so we both can repair it more safely.

Sometimes when you see an friendly inf squad that is being shoot at you can fire some smoke to their front so they can advance further or retreat to an better position.

Offline Rabid_Rabbit_RI

• Trogdor strikes in the NIGHT!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19-03-2012, 23:03:37 »
I enjoy telling another person who takes the time or the effort to knife or Bayonet me gj (good Job) or if in epic duel and one of us wins gf (good fight) I always acknowledge good sports man ship when i see it.

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20-03-2012, 00:03:02 »
If someone does something nice/useful/helpful for you, thank them. By name whenever possible.

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: FH2 online etiquette : PINNED DOWN IN A SPAWN AREA ****
« Reply #13 on: 20-03-2012, 00:03:28 »
Just happened on Brest. 
Squadleading as Axis.
Trying to get a spawn for my squad... evade a nade, run through smoke, down 2 Allies running thru smoke, but am wounded!
Get to a blown out building and throw a medipack down..... phew bit of respite before moving to the flag i wanna try to cap (opposite Navy Hq)

Holy caramel! Not only to enemies start running though the building I'm in (just below the destroyed 88), there's a spawn in one of the corners!  :o  :D
Anyway so I start firing and all of a sudden I'm emptying mags left right and centre, thinking I'm not gonna last long here (and wanting to get the hell away for my squad!)

Well I get at least one nice comment by someone I just downed "A######e" and it wasn't "Awesome" either  ;D

Ok it's a bit shitty shootin a freshly spawned enemy at the best of times, but this was not intentional camping, I wanted to get away from there, but what is the etiquette here?

LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20-03-2012, 01:03:22 »
  • If somebody is waiting for a vehicle, grab something else or wait in queue. That rule might not apply in case of emergency, but you should proof your claim by dealing the emergency then.
  • A teamkill doesn't deserve punishment unless you considered the teamkill obviously and intended.
  • Don't spam MGs on vehicles and tanks, especially when you're not the driver. You draw all enemy attention on you.
  • Generally treat people like you want to be treated. Don't use mthfkr§FCKU&1337speak.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom