Author Topic: Falaise Pocket 16  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Falaise Pocket 16
« on: 14-07-2012, 09:07:59 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Falaise Pocket 16
« Reply #1 on: 24-07-2012, 20:07:58 »
I've played this 3 or 4 times the past week on the waw server and now that the town is redone it looks like some very promising fighting.

I feel that right now its too unbalanced for the canadians tho, and not just because of the open field push they have to make against the dug in german defenders, I like that.

I've seen this map with ~16 players and also ~30 which may be too much but I feel like Ive seen it from 2 ends of the spectrum and enough to make a fairly qualified judgment as to how this map plays. 

In playing this Ive seen a completely uncoordinated allied team get wrecked (which they should). Ive also seen two very evenly matched teams and the allies cap the first flag just before bleeding out. Then I saw a completely dominant allied team make it to assaulting the last flag but bleed out before being able to get to it. Imo the allies bleed is too fast for them to do anything, with such a small amount of tickets the map plays for about 10min before the allies have lost. And it's very easy for the germans to delay them long enough to easily have the upper hand on the map.

A see a few possible solutions to this;

1) give the allies ALOT more tickets. Time enough for the map to play out longer and give the allies a chance to get organized when their first, second and maybe even third attacks fail. 

2) give the allies some more tickets but stop the bleed when the allies grab the first flag, makes for a tough assault in the beginning that needs to be carried out swiftly, or youll be too far behind to win, but after that its some evenly matched house fighting among the newly organized streets.

3) I get the idea of making the allies bleed all the way to the last flag, (has the same idea of sector push) the only problem is it's not sector push, once the allies do cap a flag they also have to defend it while having someone else assault the next. So I see no problem in making this map sector push (or essentially the germans cant recap a flag once its lost but the allies have to cap in order) it would keep the german team on the defensive and put the allies in attack mode.

$) Give the allies a WASP flamethrower... I dont think they should have a tank, because it feels like overkill on a 16p map, but a WASP would be perfect, it gives the germans the ability to easily counter it with fausts and 3k explosives, but it gives the allies the upper hand on the map, which i feel they should have seeing as they're attacking and bleeding.

EDIT: now that I think about it a flamethrower on such a small map might just end up setting the whole town ablaze ;) leaving both teams not being able to enter a flag zone because its a burning death trap. (I could be wrong tho) the main idea is finding a way to give the allies the slight upper hand, whether thats with a vehicle or something else. Right now the germans have the upper hand because theyre defending and the allies have nothing to do but throw shock troops at their well dug in bodies.

Hopefully someone else can comment on this and give some other feedback, these are only my (and some other ppls) impressions of the map so I wanna see what how others think it plays out, and if anyone else has suggestions to improve it.

It's a great looking and very promising map, the streets look like so much fun to fight in its just a matter of giving this map the right balance so its turns out to be a fair fight in the streets.

Hope this gets some love ;D

Offline TimeMachineAssassin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-09-2012, 23:09:32 »
Its been some time and what matt baker said has held true. Its really a fun map just not enough time to get the first flag. All I can add is maybe slight ajustment of out of bounds, very slight. For instance the crater on the left side of the road facing first flag, you cant return fire from there because you become out of bounds as you move up the front side of it.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-01-2017, 10:01:17 »
Switch the MG 42's with the MG-26T, as the 42's massacre any Canadians moving down the road.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-01-2017, 06:01:09 »
Switch the MG 42's with the MG-26T, as the 42's massacre any Canadians moving down the road.

Not appropriate for the German forces, MG26T mostly popped up in garrison units defending the beaches/21st Pz.  The units the Canadians are facing are regular divisions/SS Panzer Divisions.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-01-2017, 07:01:54 »

Not appropriate for the German forces, MG26T mostly popped up in garrison units defending the beaches/21st Pz.  The units the Canadians are facing are regular divisions/SS Panzer Divisions.
Ok. Maybe replace them with Mg-34's, which have a lesser rate of fire, and will make it less one-sided for the Candaians.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)