Author Topic: BF2 Destroyable Environment W.I.P.  (Read 38048 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: BF2 Destroyable Environment W.I.P.
« Reply #105 on: 09-01-2011, 13:01:27 »
I've just had my faith in Naval warfare of BF2 back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3FHOri4PUo&feature=related

Thanks a lot Devilman... thanks a lot! You're the man!

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 09-01-2011, 14:01:03 »
I've just had my faith in Naval warfare of BF2 back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3FHOri4PUo&feature=related

Thanks a lot Devilman... thanks a lot! You're the man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqy0HBGVLW4  ::)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 09-01-2011, 14:01:28 »
 Devilman see if you can record a FH2 video with an APC/Jeep towing a PAK

;)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 09-01-2011, 14:01:58 »
Thanks for the link.

Looks like I missed this one. But they didn't show moving on the ships while the ship is sailing. But most importantly, it was all possible! Beach head maps!!!

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #109 on: 09-01-2011, 14:01:31 »
FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN! Why isn't he in the FH Dev team already! He's already done half the stuff the devs have always instantly dismissed as impossible!

Offline bosco

• View Profile
    • Project Reality
« Reply #110 on: 09-01-2011, 14:01:24 »
The question is whether any of this works on a dedicated server, not to mention a full one.

Destructable forests for example have been around for a few years, but they would lag out any server.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 09-01-2011, 14:01:43 »
FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN! Why isn't he in the FH Dev team already! He's already done half the stuff the devs have always instantly dismissed as impossible!
I heard some coding in singleplayer is impossible in multiplayer. Maybe, the stuff devilman do, can't be tansfer in multiplayer.

Thanks for the link.

Looks like I missed this one. But they didn't show moving on the ships while the ship is sailing. But most importantly, it was all possible! Beach head maps!!!

Beach head map ??? Did you heard about PDH :P.
It's a beach head map.
« Last Edit: 09-01-2011, 14:01:32 by Alakazou »

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 09-01-2011, 15:01:47 »
Your work is nice Devilman, but I have to say that I'm not that much impressed of it. :S
I know it's a lot of work you put into it, but I can't think any real sense behind all these gimmicks like the animated billboards or the helicopter jet. Same for the destroyable environment, you sure did a great job on that, but it just don't fits into this game and PR did a slighty better job on it.
But I'm interested in the air strikes though, these could be useful at some point.
Anyways, keep up the good work and think about some more useful stuff to do. ;)

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 09-01-2011, 15:01:23 »
Does he want to be in the dev team? Maybe he just likes to tease us...

So, which one is it, Devilman? :P

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 09-01-2011, 15:01:37 »
Your work is nice Devilman, but I have to say that I'm not that much impressed of it. :S
I know it's a lot of work you put into it, but I can't think any real sense behind all these gimmicks like the animated billboards or the helicopter jet. Same for the destroyable environment, you sure did a great job on that, but it just don't fits into this game and PR did a slighty better job on it.
But I'm interested in the air strikes though, these could be useful at some point.

^this.... sure BF2 modding/tweaking is fun, you can do a lot of silly stunts tweaking code on local server. This is because BF2 is a done game,.. but I will bow in awesomeness when I see something useful for an online multiplayer mod.. youtube watching stuff fall and blow up is, well.. fun for a few minutes of lulz, but nothing that applies to a live game/mod.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 09-01-2011, 16:01:37 »

this is just useless crap coming from you, you dont even know the point behind he's coding, maybe it is just for funz and lulz? such crap as that is what makes modders Stop modding.

please think over what you say next time, because that is just a retarded opinion you could very much kept to yourself.

He is showing of he's work, not trying to win a beauty contest.

no go code and prove you are better than him, Then come back and post what is useless gimmicks or not  ;)
« Last Edit: 09-01-2011, 16:01:40 by Sn00x »

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 09-01-2011, 16:01:56 »

this is just useless crap coming from you, you dont even know the point behind he's coding, maybe it is just for funz and lulz? such crap as that is what makes modders Stop modding.

please think over what you say next time, because that is just a retarded opinion you could very much kept to yourself.

He is showing of he's work, not trying to win a beauty contest.

no go code and prove you are better than him, Then come back and post what is useless gimmicks or not  ;)

Wow a bit harsh?

Well here is the question everyone is asking Devilman; Can all this be applied to a live multiplayer game?
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 09-01-2011, 16:01:09 »
Wow a bit harsh?
Well here is the question everyone is asking Devilman; Can all this be applied to a live multiplayer game?

Nope not harsh, just being truthful. I support Snoox on that sentiment.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 09-01-2011, 17:01:06 »
well it's always nice to be.. nice :) and both me and Aggro commented nicely saying the videos are fun to watch, and we do see the work he put in.. but this is not BfEditor.org forum.... I think we try to see what "modding" stuff is posted here and look at what is useful to us... It really doesn't matter if modders stop modding because of criticism on the internet, right? If your work isn't stronger than it is withstanding some comments, then I guess it wasn't so pointful to begin with, or?

It's cool stuff, it's tweaking BF2 code to make fun stuff happen. Yes. Can we use it? can you post d/l links so we can review the code? can we even download and try it in SP ourselves? if no on  these questions, then don't expect us to be overly impressed. (at least not me)

peace!  :)

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 09-01-2011, 18:01:09 »
Obviously destroyable environment (or animated billboards for that matter :P) won´t benefit FH2.

However, calling in stuka strikes could be very useful. Not to mention the guy solved the problem azreal presented in a matter of hours.