Author Topic: 2.26 compatible (beta version) AI minimod  (Read 10926 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: 2.26 compatible (beta version) AI minimod
« Reply #75 on: 08-07-2010, 11:07:26 »
The used them against other aircrafts if I recall correctly, but they didn't attack ground targets... at least not those in vehicles... I do vaguely recall them strafing infantry before Drawde made armor higher priority for planes... Can't recall them strafing at all after that

For me, I'm counting on Clivewil checking out the planes and coming up with a 'fire-solution'. Also hinted for him to see if stukas can be made to fly higher and hence dive at greater speeds, but that's a latter issue and he would likely note it as low priority for now

« Last Edit: 08-07-2010, 11:07:36 by djinn »

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 08-07-2010, 11:07:34 »
Also hinted for him to see if stukas can be made to fly higher and hence dive at greater speeds, but that's a latter issue and he would likely note it as low priority for now

The aerial heightmap file,tells the bots the minimum distance from the ground to fly at
found in the AI/AIPathFinding folder
dont know how to read that file though

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 08-07-2010, 11:07:51 »
Bots in AIX fly super high compared to FH2. Hopeing we can somehow make use of that since it will make the scout planes and Stuka less vulnerable to AA while allowing a steeper, deadlier dive on targets and a more realistic tweak for the divehorn AKA the trumpet of Jerricho

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 08-07-2010, 12:07:01 »
Bots in AIX fly super high compared to FH2.

Ah,actually,they lowered the heightmap on certain maps,to make them fly lower
But either way,thats what controls their minimum flight height

So possibly some FH2 maps,have had their aerial heightmap lowered

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 08-07-2010, 12:07:40 »
I do think Remick would tweak the navmesh a bit to get a more forceful push across the river at all points. Also the total frag count, even at 999% is too low for such an epic map (499 bots a side) Another note for remick

Didn't I tell you to edit the Init.con file in the server.zip to fix the ticket ratio? :P If you're playing co-op it's useing the ticket ratio for the 16 player size... but since there is no 16 player size for Totalize the default is 50 per team. Which is far to low for this map. change the 'gameLogic.setDefaultNumberOfTicketsEx 16' lines to whatever you wantever you want... line '1' is germany and '2' is canada, I believe. This is an issue on a couple maps that don't have 16 player sizes... and something I certainly hope to fix.

Why does it use the 16 sized map when its clearly a 64 sized map.... ? Doesn't the game recognize the skip in 16 and 32?

EDIT:
The bots are still only 499 :-( I changed the 16 size ticket to 400 and still got low tickets. Any other recommendations?
« Last Edit: 08-07-2010, 13:07:34 by djinn »

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 08-07-2010, 19:07:42 »
hmmm... that’s strange, that’s how I fixed the issue. Make sure you actually replace the Init.con file in the server.zip. The game is going to read all files from the client.zip and server.zip, except for the ones that aren't in there.

My best guess for why Co-op uses the 16 player ticket ratio is that vBF2 only had the 16player sizes for singleplayer. So when DICE added co-op mode with an adjustable bar for ticket ratio, they coded it to use the 16player sizes as the base ticket ratio. Playing in singleplayer should give you the proper ticket ratio per map size.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 08-07-2010, 22:07:02 »
Ok, figured the issue. When I saved it else where to work on it, textpad saved it as a .con.txt so it didn't replace the original when I dropped it back into server.con

Got it working now. I do wonder if this will be a fix or it would just have to remain this low througout because it shares count with Conquest Version 16-size?

Surprisingly, other maps don't have this issue... Many of which, I think have only 64 sized maps... like Cobra - Maybe, whatever solution those have would work in this case too?

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 08-07-2010, 23:07:44 »
Even Cobra is inaccurate to the 64 player ratio. It has 300 for each team for the 16player ratio, but the 64 one gives team 2 (US) 350.  It’s a particular issue on maps like Mount Olympus where the 16 player size has one team assaulting and thus needing more tickets, but the 64 player size has both teams assaulting and needs the ticket ratio to be even. I don't want to alter anything that will affect multiplayer but I do want to get the ratios to be more enjoyable in co-op. So maps without 16 player sizes I'll try and adjust to be more like the 64 size.

On an unrelated note Drawde have you tried setting the 'weaponTemplate.setFiresThroughTransparent' to 0 for weapons like the 88's to try and stop them from seeing through bushes and trees? I'm still a novice when it comes to ai... but I am trying to expand my knowledge on the subject if I'm going to be the 'official singleplayer dev'.

And the issue on PHL might have something to do with the new flag layout in 2.26, I'll try and look into it. Certainly something changed with 2.26 and this map because it was working fine before.