Author Topic: More ABC Lines  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: More ABC Lines
« Reply #15 on: 23-05-2010, 20:05:51 »
Jesus guys, Germans got the Best defensives positions in FH2 so far (Mareth), they got a Tiger, Stuka, Well Hidden Arty, 88s, a 109, Some panzies and now you got to Camp the shit out of the Enemy main base?

Sad.

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23-05-2010, 20:05:24 »
AXIS BIAS  :D

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24-05-2010, 09:05:58 »
Never seen this happen. If the Germans do manage to basecamp on this particular map with full 64p, then the Brits really deserve it. It's open, coverless terrain all the way from the wadi to the British main, so only practical "camping" thing would really be the mentioned ATR fire from hills (when it's more than likely that you will be shot after you knock out the first couple of guns) or parking a tank behind the low ridge just below the eastern "mountain" (after which you will be flanked from the west).

Farthest I've ever managed to go on foot is around the crossroads south of the bridge. Laying mines there and retreating to wadi is full of win (if you survive). I don't consider this "camping" because at that point, the uncap is still unseen in the fog, plus tanks don't necessarily have to drive there (often they drive onto the ridge to the west, or try to flank over the wadi in the east), so setting the ABC line at the wadi may be a bit harsh. Maybe between the crossroads and British main, but if something happens once in two years I don't think it's even worth that effort.

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24-05-2010, 17:05:17 »
Guys you have to add ABC to every map.  It's got to be one or the other, either FH 2 is a game where the developers consider these things, or it's a game where the server administrators do.

In FH1, it was the server admins. It makes more sense for it to be the devs, and we were all happy to hear about ABC code as a default part of FH2, along with anti-spawn camping buildings and spawn points etc.

The problem arises when it's not consistent.  Either we have ABC on every map, and we don't have to make a shit ton of rules.... OR we start making a shit ton of rules again.  No one wants that. We have very few bans on the FH2 server and it would be nice to keep it that way, but when you make rules, they must be enforced..... mainly only hardcore racists, and cheaters with the occasional sociopath no one could handle any longer.  Even some of the team killers have been unbanned, let off the hook since there are so few players to begin with, but i digress.

If people can find a way to camp, they will.  ABC, ABC, ABC.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28-05-2010, 12:05:14 »
I'm kind of for the ABC lines in every map. Better to have them and not need them in some maps then the other way around.

But if the Brits get camped on in their own main on Mareth? Sorry guys, then that team should get their act together, simple as that. Props for the Jerries in this case, that they were able to make it that far. :)
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.