Author Topic: Operation Cobra Puplic Betatest Thursday 14th January  (Read 8687 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Cobra Puplic Betatest Thursday 14th January
« Reply #45 on: 15-01-2010, 00:01:21 »
Well, that was fun anyways.  Didn't have a crash on my side, but its never crashed for me....  Went 160/60/10 on cobra using the sherman 76mm though  ;D

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #46 on: 15-01-2010, 02:01:31 »
Had the Allied Commander kit, end of the round firing the thompson..switched to pistol whilst reloading the Thompson =  CTD
But I guess that wasn't the bug, but that's my special report!  :D
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15-01-2010, 02:01:03 »
Flagcap bug exist everywhere on any FH2 maps. Even on SP. But it often happens more in some maps which involves uncap-able bases or push mode. I confirm that the bug doesn't cause crash (although annoying), and so i believe it doesn't too in Op. Cobra.

Priestdk

« Reply #48 on: 15-01-2010, 08:01:12 »
Year whas fun, hade a blast in my Panther  ;D

And no newer crashed personaly on this map either last evening, or ever for that matter. Only experienced 1 total server crash and that whas 1 day after release on Hslan.
And I think the map before Cobra whas Ancthoville(spelling perhabs) when that crash happened.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 15-01-2010, 10:01:21 »
Is it really Cobra? Cobra got an excessive size, that might cause crashes. But I'd almost suggest to run both Cobra and Anctoville in the rotation. It is the mapchange between those 2 that causes the crashes, from what I expirienced. But don't nail me on the cross in case I'm wrong.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 15-01-2010, 11:01:04 »
I've also experienced crashes during the map change and it always Cobra first and next map would be Anctoville.

Offline KingKerosin

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 15-01-2010, 12:01:08 »
Maybe it didnt crash, but what is with the limitet Kits system? We have testet it and it didnt work.

Oh and i found a funny "Bug"; the road between the Curch and Trainstation is to steeply for the kettenrad.

Sry for bad english, hope you understand it.

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 15-01-2010, 19:01:12 »
Dago Red from WOLF here.  We finally pulled it this morning, just can't seem to stop crashing. 

I hope you saw the thread I commented on a few pages back:

Toddel...

As that is the middle of the work day I cannot come, but there is a thread on Wolf about one such "anything is possible" occurrence. http://www.wolfgaming.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40874

Hope it helps.

GOOD luck fixing it, i think it's a nice map!  A suggestion:  Give us a 16 (or 32) version of the town flags between Airfield and that Church. Toss in a couple sweet kits, and a couple med tanks/destroyers and call it a day.  Fix 64 version the next day :)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 15-01-2010, 21:01:50 »
dago check if you can provide any log file from the server core.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 15-01-2010, 22:01:07 »
HSlan just crashed in the middle of Cobra, here's the screenshot. Note the flying kittah at the rightmost edge. No, it was not destroyed (icon still on the map as well).

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #55 on: 16-01-2010, 20:01:00 »
Another Hslan crashfest last couple of days.
I noticed the last one all 3 town flags were taken by U.S. and the ticktes were 400 v 206 in U.S. favour when it crashed the server...
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 17-01-2010, 12:01:12 »
HSlan just crashed in the middle of Cobra, here's the screenshot. Note the flying kittah at the rightmost edge. No, it was not destroyed (icon still on the map as well).

The flying Tiger is a client side projection. Because the server crashed you lost your connection to HSLAN, but it still tries to project where the vehicle will go to in a very weird way.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 17-01-2010, 14:01:06 »
I was on hslan two days ago when it crashed on Op. Cobra.
I was axis, entering the church as it was held by the allied and ran up the tower, picked up the stg44, ran up the stairs and took the sniper. As i looked out of that window i saw a panther in front of the church, pointing its barrel at my window. I thought, "omg. church is still allied, most likely he thinks im an enemy and will fire.. please, noo.."  Just in this moment i got the "Server connection problem" Message. Made me quite confused for a sec, because i was so sure that i was going to die. .. might be just coincidence, though.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 23-01-2010, 23:01:47 »
I have a clue about this crashing problem. When I played on the test server the game was wonderfully smooth, so smooth that I realized it wasn't exactly the case on any other server I played FH2.

Maybe the problem is just that the map is too big to be handled if the server isn't powerful enough. It would be interesting to compare the specs of the FH beta testing server with the ones on which we experience crashes.

Offline el Garstico

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 24-01-2010, 02:01:54 »
i often get disconnected from server sinve 2.25, but never on cobra lol
Signature is too large.