Author Topic: Being a "sniper"  (Read 22022 times)

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: Being a "sniper"
« Reply #45 on: 10-09-2009, 11:09:09 »
Keep close to the bushes (even low graphics setting still render them) not grass. Have your distance. Call arty on places where you have a bad sight, targetting spots always come in handy. If there are no friendlies nearby put a s-mine on your position so the guy that sneaks behind you won't get your rifle so you can get it back in main. Avoid elevated positions on close to medium distance.

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10-09-2009, 12:09:25 »
Heres another tip, if you want to avoid being spotted or even killed try going into the long grass and use your binoculars to call in artillerey, i used this tactic on operation goodwood to some effectiveness, also use your smoke grenades and throw them in the direction of enemy fire so you can place yourself in a different position!, just becareful of enemy marksman or other snipers in towers..if your lucky the enemy sniper might not spot you..its a 50/50 chance of you surviving or dying!, but anyway i used this on goodwood to good effectiveness and managed to get to cagny East i think the one that has the church tower etc!..i used potholes (crates) to my advantage too!, also it helped when an allied armoured attack went into action to, so i guess they were kind of a diversion and helped me infiltrate cagny :P

im pretty sure some of you on the forums were in that match that saw this armoured attack happen? :P
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10-09-2009, 12:09:52 »
Oh yeah. I remember spoting all those tanks from my sniper position. Was pretty amazing to watch that and it was tactically a very good move as we had no troops there that could resist this force.

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10-09-2009, 15:09:17 »
hehe, i was actually making my way to that position then i heard alot of tanks then saw that they were shermans and cromewells so it saved my life too! lol.
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10-09-2009, 20:09:47 »
Its abit stupid if your a sniper  and your hiding in a bush or near a tree and someone has his graphics turned down to Low, that means hes going to spot you...

If you are hiding behind a tree they cannot see you with low settings the tree renders as far as their view distance will render. Its just grass that doesn't render, some bushes don't render but there are bushes that do render.

Tips for 2.2...

K98zf [the one with the weird scope] bloody useless. The K98zf with the normal scope  is much more effective. The regular k98 is more effective because, your regular iron site is about as useful.
G43Zf[the semi auto one] is the best sniper in the game currently, it requires very little lead time to hit anything beyond extreme distances, bullet drop from what I have found is almost negligible [I tend to overshoot the target rather then undershoot them with this rifle.]. I can't think of making a sniper rifle better then this currently... unless it shoots lazers, phosphorous rounds, or rockets...
STG44Zf[auto sniper] is bloody useless in comparison to any actual sniper rifle, better using it as an assault rifle, and only secondarily as something with a scope
P14 [New Allied rifle] I haven't seen a major difference between this and the regular k98zf.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10-09-2009, 21:09:47 »
The Kar98k with ZF41 scope is better used as a normal rifle, not a sniper weapon. You have a nice advantage then, comparable to laser dot sites in CoD or PR.
« Last Edit: 10-09-2009, 21:09:41 by Ts4EVER »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11-09-2009, 02:09:11 »
Exactly, the ZF41 scopes on the K98k and STG were simply combat scopes, not dedicated sniping scopes.  Think the C79 Elcan scope on the canadian C7 assualt rifle.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11-09-2009, 05:09:52 »
Today I had the G43 ZF on Lüttich and was creeping through the bushes near the church flag. After a while a Sherman passed me on the road beside the hedge and I freaked out a bit and s-mined my position. However, after waiting for a minute I crawled on. Suddenly an Ami is running through exactly the same hedge. He even pushed me aside a bit, but was totally oblivious of my presence. I counted the seconds and he ran into my mine on 4.  :D

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 13-09-2009, 23:09:06 »
I use the Zf41 for Shaprshooting, or medium range sniping. It makes it more usefull..

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 24-09-2009, 17:09:54 »
How about the Springfield (M1903)? It seems to deviate quite much. And it looks like shooting from the hip is much less accurate than standing or going prone.

I treat that StG 44 with scope like current day M4 Carbine/G36/L85/etc with reflex sight (that red dot scope thingy)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 24-09-2009, 17:09:52 »
The StG44 plays like the scoped rifleman kis in PR. But all in all it's more of a gimicky "wow-cool" weapon. I don't think the scoped version was even used in combat.
« Last Edit: 24-09-2009, 17:09:55 by Ts4EVER »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #56 on: 24-09-2009, 17:09:37 »
I'm quite sure it was, I've atleast seen pictures of it being carried by front soldiers. But then it would be super rare.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 24-09-2009, 17:09:30 »
"How about the Springfield (M1903)? It seems to deviate quite much. And it looks like shooting from the hip is much less accurate than standing or going prone."

I haven't noticed anything. All of the rifles are the same, unless you are the G43 zf

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 24-09-2009, 17:09:44 »
I'm quite sure it was, I've atleast seen pictures of it being carried by front soldiers. But then it would be super rare.

are you sure? I only know the pics where they test it in that sniper school, but it wasn't well received because of the huge magatine that prevented you from using it in a prone position.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #59 on: 24-09-2009, 17:09:42 »
Quite sure, I'll spend some time searching.

EDIT: Hmm.. Until now unsuccesfull, I think I confused 2 pictures with eachother, one of a guy with an StG44 and the same facial hair as Lainer and the test fields picture.
« Last Edit: 24-09-2009, 17:09:02 by Fuchs »
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."