Author Topic: The Forgotten Hope 2 Common Shaders Problem and Why I am Going to Kill Myself  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
hm judging from your screenshots you didnt try installing bf2/fh2 on another partition besides C:\

there are known problems with that setup.  for some people it works, others have problems with this setup. so if you can, you should give it a try since you seem to have tried most other stuff.

but just to better understand whats going on:
when "force feeding" the shaders you still get black & white shader bug in iron sights or the game does not start at all ?
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
It doesn't start.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Mate, why is your shaders_client.zip unpacked. From your screenshot it looks like a regular windows folder.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
I had the same problemand the solution was simple:

uninstall BF2 and FH2 and all other mods. then make sure you don't leave anything, which means completely deleting the installation directory. Then reinstall.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Mate, why is your shaders_client.zip unpacked. From your screenshot it looks like a regular windows folder.
Why did you unpack the shader files?! They don't need to be unpacked/extracted! 

You just have to put the shader files in mods>fh2 and mods>bf2. 
Because I have Vista and Vista's a bitch.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile

Because I have Vista and I am a bitch.

Fixed it for ya. But seriously what are you blabbing on about Vista. I've got Vista and mine folder isn't extracted like yours. Put some more effort into it.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Well hey, fuck you.

The Common Problems and solutions page even says " If you use Windows Vista/7 you may get a "C:\Users\...\Desktop\shaders_client.zip: Cannot create BundledMesh.fx. Access is Denied." error message (it's a safety precaution). Simply extract the folders to the desktop and then drag to the proper folder, that will allow you to change the necessary folders."

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile

Because I have Vista and I am a bitch.

Fixed it for ya. But seriously what are you blabbing on about Vista. I've got Vista and mine folder isn't extracted like yours. Put some more effort into it.
I don't hear much about vista being a problem either, lol

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
If you look at you error message it does not say " Cannot create BundledMesh.fx. Access is Denied."
It's a different message, so stop being an ignorant fool and start listening to people that know instead of spouting fuck you's.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Perhaps if thou would not spend your time insulting me, you would be able to piece together the full picture.

I can not extract it directly to the file.

Vista will not let me.

Therefore, I manually put it into a folder, as the solutions page says.

It works perfectly every time until now.

Your method of "helping" is uncomfortably hostile.  Go away.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
My method of helping people depends entirely on the person I am helping and the responses I am getting.
Since I am not a spiteful person I wish you all the good luck solving this. 

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Well gee, thanks...

Offline Frnz.nl

• View Profile
so stop being an ignorant fool and start listening to people that know instead of spouting fuck you's.

Do you still have the problem when running FH.exe as administrator?

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Um... yeah, I only run it as an administrator, so I know that that's not the problem.