Author Topic: Introducing a SP community issue tracker (Google Code)  (Read 22931 times)

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
Re: Introducing a SP community issue tracker (Google Code)
« Reply #15 on: 07-02-2012, 17:02:29 »
I was moaning out of fear, that my issue will have the same fate as issues dated Jun 2011

I fixed crusader incorrect strength type about a year ago as a community  contributor. It never got in. Try not to worry, as we are trying to change that trend.

As for waiting for the thanks and praises: you get thanks from me already; but don't hold your breath for a huge round of applause. A few people will thank you, maybe, and you will go on a list of contributors I maintain but that will probably be it.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07-02-2012, 20:02:52 »
That part about "thank yous" was an irony, though I must admit, with a grain of truth.

To switch discussion from me complaining, I have a question to you, Void, regarding the tracker: should we report bots getting stuck in statics? Or are you going to redo navmeshes from scratch anyway, so you don't need that kind of info?

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #17 on: 07-02-2012, 22:02:01 »
Quote from: gavrant
...Or are you going to redo navmeshes from scratch anyway, so you don't need that kind of info?

Yea. Gotta make new meshes for many maps, so bug reports about pathing errors aren't really helpful.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08-02-2012, 08:02:40 »
Thank you in advance for any bugs/glitches/whatever you happen to fix.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Happy now gav?

:)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08-02-2012, 09:02:27 »
 ;D Yup, pretty happy! But official award from the community would make me completely happy. Maybe "The hottest man of FH 2012" or something...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08-02-2012, 13:02:48 »
Dont worry, Gavrant.

we may seem to reply dismissively,

but like the regular devs and BT,

DJBarney, myself and Void are very in tune with the situation and will do our best to repair it.
You should see the emails that go across between us and how many people on Battlefieldsingleplayer we disturb to get solutions to issues.

We only reply the way we do because we mostly have little time online to do so... But let not the note fool you.

We are on top of it. I can't give you a time line for when as it all depends on how early a fix is available or how high in the priority it is (i.e how much it breaks gameplay).

Do help if you can by posting such fixes as you did. And it will be all part of what we use to make SP better.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08-02-2012, 13:02:57 »
Djinn, everything is ok. Void contacted me by PM 2 days ago. I think, he took that issue into his hands.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 22-02-2012, 16:02:56 »
OK, been doing some work on the issue tracker. I think I've got it fairly ship shape. I made a page that will come up when the "Issues" tab is clicked on. This comes before the actual issue creation part. There is a list of all the maps there to allow creating an issue for whatever maps with special label set for it.

There's some interesting possibilities here like keeping a list of various AI experts on the wiki who can be contacted about certain issues. I have a few other ideas but I don't want the tracker to become all "my" thing. Also please note, I've tried to include functionality that will allow usage of the tracker for community mods and maps.

« Last Edit: 23-02-2012, 12:02:52 by DJ Barney »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25-02-2012, 13:02:34 »
OK, been doing some work on the issue tracker. I think I've got it fairly ship shape. I made a page that will come up when the "Issues" tab is clicked on. This comes before the actual issue creation part. There is a list of all the maps there to allow creating an issue for whatever maps with special label set for it.

That's nice, but I still think that allowing non-members to edit labels would be a better solution, at least for multiple-map issues like #69, #35 or #26. Yes, I know that it's not possible right now, but I found an issue on Google Code Support: Allow non-project members to specify labels when creating a new issue. A person from Google said that if this issue gets 100 stars, he/she will "set aside some of the other work to investigate this". It has 81 stars at this moment, so, please, "star" it.
« Last Edit: 28-02-2012, 13:02:55 by gavrant »

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 25-02-2012, 13:02:20 »
I starred it  ;D

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28-02-2012, 02:02:29 »
 :o Wow! How did it manage to get 20 stars in 24 hours? Sudden invasion of some project's tribesmen?
« Last Edit: 28-02-2012, 13:02:36 by gavrant »

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 28-02-2012, 12:02:18 »
Yeah, noticed that. So Google are working on it now.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09-03-2012, 18:03:44 »
DJ Barney, a question about Google Code internal mechanics: do project owners automatically get e-mail notifications about new issues or updates to existing ones? Or does it require some action on their part, like starring issue or being its owner?

And if I correctly understand the cake in your profile, Happy Birthday!

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #28 on: 09-03-2012, 22:03:20 »
Yes, it's starring. Anyone logged into Google can star an issue and get notifications about it. You can star the project as well and there are various syndication feeds.

If you are interested in particular issue types or maps then I can add you as an email address to inform if particular labels are set.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11-03-2012, 22:03:26 »
I guess my question was not clear enough. I thought that if someone is an owner of some project, he/she is 'auto-starred' to every issue of that project. Now, after reading Google Code docs, I see that if I want one of the owners to know about changes and if I'm not certain that he has starred the issue in question, I have to either send him e-mail/PM or hope that he is included in 'Administer -> Issue Tracking -> Activity Notifications -> All issue changes' mailing list.