Author Topic: Introducing a SP community issue tracker (Google Code)  (Read 22932 times)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Here ! - http://code.google.com/p/forgotten-hope-singleplayer/

For my beloved Forgotten Hope single player experience  ;D

After some discussion with djinn and Remick04 I have finalised the initial set up of a Google Code issue tracker for Forgotten Hope single player and AI.

Please note that this bug/issue tracker is not endorsed by the FH dev team, but I did clear it with Remick04. In some ways it is just a more elaborate version of the "The Single Player Fan Project: Work to be done and feedback" thread. It can be used to track many of the issues with the AI reported on this forum to allow more efficient production of fixes. As always some of the fixes end up in the final build, some don't, nothing is guaranteed.

Anyone who is logged in with a Google account can submit an issue. The only set up issues I have is that I can't seem to allow users to add labels. I have labels set up for various common AI problem types and labels for each official map 16/32/64, or independent map. But only project owners and committers can add labels. The project admin has to manually authorise the addresses of people who want to edit issue metadata. I guess its not much of a problem as long as there are enough willing to become project owners and committers  and edit new issue submissions (triage) and deal with duplicate issues.

EDIT 06/07/12: Now the tracker is officially the preferred way to report SP/AI bugs ... see How To Report Singleplayer and AI Bugs in the Bug Reporting forum section.
« Last Edit: 06-02-2012, 02:02:02 by DJ Barney »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: Introducing a SP community issue tracker (Google Code)
« Reply #1 on: 08-03-2011, 09:03:47 »
Good show old chap... :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't issue number 3 been fixed?... :-\

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-03-2011, 09:03:46 »
Great initiative DJ! Good work!

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 09-03-2011, 11:03:27 »
Cheers  ;D

I just put some issues in there as examples. If you PM me your gmail address I can give you editing privileges and you can fix them ... (sounds of people running for cover).

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #4 on: 15-05-2011, 18:05:33 »
RE: issue 24 (Crusader incorrectly set as armoured car)

-Found error in the AI Template plugins for all Crusader variants; strength type was incorrect. Patch kit posted on the code page.

RE: issue 12 (Crusader AA and quad .50 dont fire at aircrafts)

- Found incorrect settings for allowedDeviation vs Deviation in weapon ai template for Crusader AA. I need the correct asset name for  "quad .50"; I can't find it. Patch kit available after I know the object name for the quad.

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 15-05-2011, 18:05:30 »
Good stuff ! Issue labels have been altered appropriately. Good to see Google Code coming into usefulness like this  8).

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-06-2011, 09:06:48 »
Added a number of new ones recently. However, i accidentally added the AEC Deacon issue a second time. I looked, but cannot find a way to delete it. Please help.

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 18-06-2011, 22:06:45 »
Hello djinn, I'm back from mai holiday  ;D ... I deleted the issue ... delete is in the drop down list bottom right of page when you comment / make changes.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-06-2011, 00:06:58 »
thanks.

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #9 on: 06-02-2012, 00:02:37 »
Hi all,

Just wanted to make it known that this tracker is the preferred method for reporting singleplayer bugs you might find in FH2.

You can report them elsewhere in this forum but I may never notice. The tracker I am paying close attention to.

Furthermore, the tracker now accommodates submitting fixes for bugs reported. Any bugfix that is submitted is a candidate for inclusion in the official build, though anyone wishing to see their fix go official must properly document their changes.

For more information refer to the documentation and faq on the issue tracker. 

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 06-02-2012, 02:02:59 »
Thankou Void !  ;D

This should contribute to making the FH2 SP/Coop gameplay an even higher quality experience.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06-02-2012, 17:02:27 »
To be honest, the tracker at its current state looks neglected. Most of the opened issues have "New" status, default type, priority etc. Personally, I'm still waiting for feedback on my wall of text in issue #51, be it "confirmed", "don't understand what are you talking about" or "won't fix, because..."

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #12 on: 06-02-2012, 18:02:21 »
I will look at it now Gavrant.

True the tracker has been a little neglected. It has been up for a good while, before it became the official preferred means of reporting bugs. We are working to change this, though it still may take a little time.

Please don't get discouraged. Looking over issue #51 now.

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 07-02-2012, 12:02:03 »
I'm still waiting for feedback on my wall of text in issue #51, be it "confirmed", "don't understand what are you talking about" or "won't fix, because..."

I don't know what your're moaning about really as that was only put in on Jan 29th 2012, but as Void says, it will be looked at.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07-02-2012, 16:02:26 »
I was moaning out of fear, that my issue will have the same fate as issues dated Jun 2011. Besides, it's not just a bug report, it has fixed files attached. I desperately want to know does the fix work for other players, so I can get lots of much deserved thank yous :)