Author Topic: Would you like to be a tadabester?  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
Would you like to be a tadabester?
« on: 06-06-2010, 23:06:33 »
... and why?

For any of you that got excited after reading the title - this is NOT beta-tester recruitment. It's just my curiosity. So I ask you, would you like to be one of the people who test the new builds of FH2. If yes, what is your motive? Is it that you want to see the new stuff or you want to help out the community? If no, why not?
Too many question marks?

For those who already are testers please tell your reasons for accepting the dev invitation.

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
Re: Would you like to be a tadabester?
« Reply #1 on: 06-06-2010, 23:06:05 »
I would like to be a tadabester to know about the development manner and know all the backstages of the process!

Offline hslan.Corvax

• FH-Betatester
  • War photographer
    • View Profile
    • sebastiantoth.at
« Reply #2 on: 06-06-2010, 23:06:30 »
I was promised cookies :<

Offline Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-06-2010, 23:06:37 »
Yes i would like to be a betatester.
Why? So I can help the developers with the mod that made me love WW2 games and the desperate realism junkie that I am now :). Also to test and get to know the process of stuff that is designed by the users. I would see it as an honour to work with the creaters of this mod and assist them in the process of the creation of this mod.

Offline hslan.GN_Angrybeaver

• FH-Betatester
  • EEVIIIIIIL BEAVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-06-2010, 23:06:43 »
I was promised cookies :<

still waitn  :(

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-06-2010, 23:06:56 »
I would like to cuz I've been in this community for almost half a decade, know quite a lot of historical info and tactical info that might be helpful in designing things and such, and would love to have a chance to help out with the making of it....

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06-06-2010, 23:06:36 »
Yes and no.
I would love to help the people behind this beautiful mod but still it would spoil the release  :(
I saw Ramelle today  ;D

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-06-2010, 01:06:01 »
I would like to be a tadabester to know about the development manner and know all the backstages of the process!
You think you want to know, but really you don't...

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #8 on: 07-06-2010, 01:06:41 »
Both yes and no. It would be really cool to see what's coming, though when a realease is coming - as betatester it wont be as glorious...

Well, I know what I would like to see, and as betatester, constuctive critisism are easiely handed over...
I guess you get closer to the devs, and maybe I could improve as a mapper in a serious team.

My knowledge in English is good, German, not as good, though Ich versteh written german aswell as listening to it, though when i comes to speaking I'm not too good.
Also, gameplay is most important to me, so if I could help improve that in some way, that would be greate.

Isnt there a shortage of Swedes in Beta? :p discrimination I say! :P

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-06-2010, 01:06:33 »
I wouldn't say there is.

Me and rawhide are both swedes, who else? Roden is a tester right? I'm forgetting someone.

I got an invitation per email. Well not as much invitation as just betatesting-info immidiately, didn't get a chance to say yes or no :)
I hesitated as I wondered if I could take the responsibility to be a betatester. But it seems to work out fine though, as long as I try my best!

I want to contribute to the game, as well as getting behind the scenes and getting to know some of the other testers and devs better.

I won't lie though, the main reason I accepted was of course that I wanted to see new stuff :P
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline SoccerSpartan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-06-2010, 02:06:27 »
To, of course, see the new stuff  ;D
More importantly though to help the devs by making suggestions and such and to get to know and help the cummunity. Also to be involved in the creation of this awsome mod. Oh and to just have an all around good time with everyone  ;)

I hear theres free cookies involved, too. Confirm or Deny?

« Last Edit: 07-06-2010, 02:06:53 by SoccerSpartan »

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07-06-2010, 02:06:24 »
So I can more easily annoy those in the developing community.

Maus, please.

azreal

« Reply #12 on: 07-06-2010, 04:06:50 »
Both yes and no. It would be really cool to see what's coming, though when a realease is coming - as betatester it wont be as glorious...

Correction. As a dev, releases aren't glorious. As a tester, there still alright, cause at that point, you still play the game.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07-06-2010, 04:06:43 »
Being a tester would be so icey, mane.

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07-06-2010, 07:06:01 »
I'd love to be a bester in the teta.

I can't really do anything else that would deal with the mod; modeling and skinning requires skill, and high-end programs that cost money, coding requires knowledge of code, and I just don't think I'd have the skill nor patience with mapping and the BF2 editor. All of which I have next to no experience in, so having any FH2 quality work coming from me would most likely be a loooong ways off.

Of course, there's also the incentive to have a peek behind the scenes and see the work in progress, suggestions that are more to the point and much more considered, and to maybe pick up some more acquaintances.

Unfortunately, I'm North American and even worse, a college student, so beta test times would most likely be a fail on my end. Just shooting myself in the foot an all...