Author Topic: WAW CUSTOM SUNDAYS - 8+ custom maps on public server - no registration  (Read 5850 times)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile

http://bfewaw.com/showthread.php?t=291883

Watch this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxJ0JK-wjY&feature=youtu.be

Play custom maps on a public server!
Every Sunday
Starts Sunday Oct. 13 around 13:00 Eastern US / 18:00 GMT

WaW favorites with custom equipment
New 32 player and 16 player maps to be added.
No registration required just download and join!
Over 8 maps to start, more added each week.

-Kefalonia
-West Wall
-Garigliano Crossing
-Carpiquet Aerodrome
-Overloon
and more

On WaW Public server: 174.133.0.58
Join us on TeamSpeak3: ts.bfewaw.com

www.bfewaw.com

« Last Edit: 18-10-2013, 06:10:04 by GeoPat »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Im in, I love the looks of Kefalonia  8)
« Last Edit: 10-10-2013, 21:10:47 by Turkish007 »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
I updated the link.

Offline Professor Anthrax

• View Profile
Come on people! Download the minimod and new maps and GET ON WAW Server! NEW MAPS to play but not nearly as many people as there should be! This Sunday new maps thing is AWESOME! So long since there's been a release that 'new' anything is a breath of fresh air into this mod.

Offline SamusMaximus8492

• View Profile
Ah man, looks like I missed whatever fun there was to be had. Still 60 people rehashing Vossenack like they do everyday. Seems like such a shame people can't make the effort to change things up a little bit... Was looking forward to some variety.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Regular FH2 maps obviusly have enough variety for those 60 people ;)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
The Sunday maps run all day.
If you can get some friends on you can have some fun.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Ah I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it, I completely forgot.

Edit: I did manage to get some time in but my connection was giving me issues.
GeoPatt, here is what I was talking about:
http://imageshack.com/a/img24/2649/4q8a.jpg
« Last Edit: 21-10-2013, 02:10:30 by Korsakov829 »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
My trees looked like this on med-high settings http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7049/fqzc.png

BTW, we are going to run these maps on Thursday on another WAW server so that people can choose to play them or the regular small maps.  I will post something about it later.

Offline Professor Anthrax

• View Profile
My trees looked like this on med-high settings http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7049/fqzc.png

BTW, we are going to run these maps on Thursday on another WAW server so that people can choose to play them or the regular small maps.  I will post something about it later.

Hmm...I'm not too sure how good an idea this is. To disperse the already weak Thursday night FH2 player population between two servers. And not everyone reads the forums so some of the Thursday regulars will NOT get these maps and will see where everyone else is on Thursday, try to join the maps server, get a "you don't have this map" error and go watch TV.

I'm definitely a fan of new maps but also a fan of keeping them and FH2 Thursday SEPARATE so as not to weaken an already low Thursday turnout.
« Last Edit: 21-10-2013, 14:10:49 by Professor Anthrax »

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
I like custom maps too, but sadly custom map events had not been successful over the years :-\

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
The F|H Italy event actually was quite succesful. But that was way over a year ago. Since there was no patch for a long time now the playerbase drops, although I agree that custom maps should be interesting right now especially. I'll try to join next Sunday.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
I like custom maps too, but sadly custom map events had not been successful over the years :-\

Well some of the naval events we had full servers over a couple weekends. That's not too bad.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile

I'm definitely a fan of new maps but also a fan of keeping them and FH2 Thursday SEPARATE so as not to weaken an already low Thursday turnout.

We just want to try it once to bolster support for Custom Sundays.  I ask everybody each week if they want new maps and they say yeah, but then don't come by Sunday.  We could schedule it for like 2 hours then everybody can go play the stock maps.  We will leave Thursday alone once we can get 10+ regulars for Sunday.

BTW, Sunday goes all day so if people want to play in the evening they can tell their friends and jump on.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
I'd recommend that we not start Thursday with the custom maps but put them on towards the end instead. That way we can tell people who don't check the forums what is going to happen, etc.