Forgotten Hope 2 > Singleplayer and Coop

EXPERIMENTAL AI SOLUTIONS FOR SP/COOP (Community effort)

(1/37) > >>

djinn:
I will update this thread on all issues that are still prevailing so please give the feedback. cF... any chane you could sticky this?

UPDATED 13/10/10

Critical Issues

* MG34 Lafette/ MG42 Lafette or both cause a CTD, as noted in PHL
* Double Cap issue - Can we find a final fix?
AI Issues

* Bots will use the .30 cal in extremely rare cases (Seen it happen just once) but will quickly bail making the gun lost to the player since they don't fire it first. Also, the fact that they bail from a stationary gun at all is an issue.
* PIAT disabled
* Bot could use stationary mgs, especially the bipod mg42, tripod mg42 and especially deployables; tripod ?vikers and .30 cal more
* Bot tanks can't fire smoke without losing priority to fire anything else
* Infantry, since 2.25 have large numbers idling at flags... a fact that was previously unheard of in this engine
* Courtesy of work done between 2.2 and 2.25 on tank locomotion, I think in an attempt to make tanks move like i and others had requested i.e firing, stopping to aim, firing, tanks have an issue of idling indefinitely, especially noted in Mersa Matru, El Alamein, Supercharge and Gazala
Map Issues

* None thanks to Stellar work from Remick04
Things to test - AI

* Bots are unlikely to hit anything in strafing runs, especially using mgs - May be because they fire only when close to the target - I don't want us to sidestep this by making them fire only cannon. I know bots can fire more accurately than people if we got this right. Oddly enough, they do fire cannon from further off, with only limited LOS for mgs...
* Howitzers fire but cannot fire at great ranges. Although it works for now, I want us to explore other means of further increasinng their range. If we can somehow raise their point of view or POV without blocking the spawn point or move in alot foward so they can see 'into the battlefield more
* I'm thinking that, making bots use smoke like they use AT sticky bombs and such i.e runinng up the tankwill make them less vulnerable, currently they waltz there. Still need to figure out how to make them toss just one and get back to fighting
* I want to see if we can get bots to pick kits sensibly i.e more assualt than squad leaders, more riflement than heavy mgs, more engineers than AT, so that it works roughly within the kit limiting system and improves immersive gameplay
Things to test - Maps

* Fleeting hope of getting bots to use the boats to get to the cliffs on PDH... I'm thinking of them not climbing obviously, but driving to the cliffs and acting as cover fire for players to scale the cliff and having that top non-flag spawn being activated immediately anyone gets to the top. I think there is a way to make bots suicide once they cannot move. I think once the enemy stops firing at them, they will suicide naturally, spawning atop the hill - Unless we somehow get to figure out how to get bots to climb ropes :-D

aserafimov:
@djinn

let's say that all tanks on Villers Bocage 64-size already will use bridges to cross the river... it's according to my latest version of Villers Bocage 64-size. ;D
also all tanks are locked...

djinn:
*POOP!* now you see you, now you don't...

Great work Aser..

cF, can you please sticky this up?

cannonfodder:
I don't have the glue... :P

Flippy or one of the other admins stickied(?) it.

djinn:

--- Quote from: aserafimov on 13-07-2010, 05:07:32 ---@djinn

let's say that all tanks on Villers Bocage 64-size already will use bridges to cross the river... it's according to my latest version of Villers Bocage 64-size. ;D
also all tanks are locked...

--- End quote ---

So wait... have you already released this? Cuz I'd so love to get my hand on that version... still haven't figured how to get the Brits to start at the main base though?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version