Author Topic: Can't wait for 2.2  (Read 52518 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Re: Can't wait for 2.2
« Reply #120 on: 31-03-2009, 21:03:39 »
The Firing distance ingame represents not the Real Firing distances of this Weapons in RL. we scaled it down like the most to work well in a Computergame. firing a Piat over 100m accurate would be a bit overkill in a game like FH2. ::)

Offline K.Cower

• I use immersive HUD
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 31-03-2009, 21:03:46 »
the aiming and stuff like that is still WIP

Sad thing. How german player model feels like? ))) Can you discribe how they're (or will) looks like?
Sinn Féin

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #122 on: 31-03-2009, 21:03:47 »
Like the ones in Normandy 1944 replied Captain Obvious  ;D
I think Remdul is also working on those? Since he already did a nice job on the Brits and Canucks. I can't wait to see Splintertarn ingame. And I know about the Zeltbahns. Which use the wrong colours for Normandy if I'm correct.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 31-03-2009, 21:03:49 »
Nope, Zero is working on the Germans. He's done an awesome job so far, but they're not in game yet, so even the testers don't know what they look like. :)

Biiviz

« Reply #124 on: 31-03-2009, 21:03:15 »
How come the Americans get their Bazooka as spawnable, but the Germans get their 'shreck only as pickup? Is it considered overpowered, or is it because of the numbers built?

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 31-03-2009, 21:03:48 »
How come the Americans get their Bazooka as spawnable, but the Germans get their 'shreck only as pickup? Is it considered overpowered, or is it because of the numbers built?

Probably because the Germans have the faust.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 31-03-2009, 21:03:35 »
Because of numbers built. Panzerfausts were made in the millions.

Of course, balance is also considered.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #127 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:53 »
Nope, Zero is working on the Germans. He's done an awesome job so far, but they're not in game yet, so even the testers don't know what they look like. :)
Oh yes, quite obvious, he also made all the other  ;D Same model reskinned is my guess. Saw a German hand in some screenshot N24 once posted, it was much more..paler then Gebirgsjaegers and Afrika Korps skins.
Anyways then I think Remdul is working on the Yankees.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:54 »
They are also working on Airborne-Models.

Biiviz

« Reply #129 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:34 »
Because of numbers built. Panzerfausts were made in the millions.

Of course, balance is also considered.

Ok, sounds resonable. Btw, as I understand it, the Panzerfaust ingame is the Panzerfaust 30, not the Faustpatrone. In that case it should be able to penetrate a maximum of 200mm, right? That should be enough to take out pretty much any Allied tank as far as I know. Is angle taken into account by the engine to calculate the damage? Otherwise, the Allied tankers are pretty much screwed.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:02 »
Ok, sounds resonable. Btw, as I understand it, the Panzerfaust ingame is the Panzerfaust 30, not the Faustpatrone. In that case it should be able to penetrate a maximum of 200mm, right? That should be enough to take out pretty much any Allied tank as far as I know. Is angle taken into account by the engine to calculate the damage? Otherwise, the Allied tankers are pretty much screwed.
Yep, we have the Panzerfaust 30. The angle is not taken into account (or very little) and this is not something we can fix. As for allied tankers being screwed - it's not so bad. 30 metres is a very, very short distance when enemy tanks are concerned. ;)

azreal

« Reply #131 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:24 »
Oh yes, quite obvious, he also made all the other  ;D Same model reskinned is my guess. Saw a German hand in some screenshot N24 once posted, it was much more..paler then Gebirgsjaegers and Afrika Korps skins.
Anyways then I think Remdul is working on the Yankees.

Any sneaky Germans in Normandy screenshots you see are just placeholders, because as Lightning said, even we the testers don't know what they look like cause they ain't in the build yet.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:13 »
Just came to my mind, I'm curious what will happen with the award system.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:56 »
Right, what happened to that?

Offline K.Cower

• I use immersive HUD
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 31-03-2009, 22:03:21 »