Author Topic: The FH2.4 Default SinglePlayer & CoOp  (Read 8177 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: The FH2.4 Default SinglePlayer & CoOp
« Reply #15 on: 19-07-2011, 15:07:26 »
Hi Remick, take your time. We would surely enjoy your work.

There are more and more people getting their hands into navmeshing custom FH2 fanmaps. I'm sure all of these great new releases are getting navmeshed soon.

I've found out that it was the snow-camouflaged Sdkfz.251 Hanomag that caused crash, and the bots seem reluctant to use them. Probably the template that was available for other Hanomag camouflage didn't make it to the snow one.

Offline atikabubu

• ADSL, Y U NO HERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19-07-2011, 15:07:31 »
Dunno how it is in 2.4, but in 2.3 there is a church in St. Lo 64p. Whenever a bot mans the MG42 facing north, it's doomsday. Sniping him down is a real feat, because he is on the verge of visibility, and pounding everyone within 500 meters.

TL;DR: remove the church MG in St. Lo 64p, please :P
Playing every version since 0.5b.
(0.6, y u no had SP?!)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19-07-2011, 15:07:23 »
Dunno how it is in 2.4, but in 2.3 there is a church in St. Lo 64p. Whenever a bot mans the MG42 facing north, it's doomsday. Sniping him down is a real feat, because he is on the verge of visibility, and pounding everyone within 500 meters.

TL;DR: remove the church MG in St. Lo 64p, please :P

He-ELLL no! Its all part of the challenge. You need to flank or move in with armored cover. Coming off the Chateau, its easy. Make it to the guard tower without getting shot by him and lobe riflegrenades or fire Zook rockets at em.

Or use the buff on the left side for cover and charge him through the break in the fence. You can then climb up and finish em with knife if it serves your vindictive nature.

The problem IS, now with that low wall, all navmeshes in that area are FUBARed, and bots run into them with vehicle and on foot and the battle ends.

Offline atikabubu

• ADSL, Y U NO HERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19-07-2011, 15:07:47 »
Infantry is on a silver plate before that MG, but a single HE shell from a M10... ::)
Playing every version since 0.5b.
(0.6, y u no had SP?!)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19-07-2011, 16:07:33 »
Infantry is on a silver plate before that MG, but a single HE shell from a M10... ::)

Its usually a grenadelauncher that takes it out. Bots tend to fire at anything that is firing at them first, especially if the volume of fire is great.

that single mg is attacked by multiple infantry coming from 3 bases by the time the church is in site, mostly because IT is firing at everyone, pissing them off. By so doing, it fires at each person randomly rather than at one section.

Add deviation that bots face and the fact that its firing from direct front, it tends to be rather ineffectual. Eventually, and ALWAYS, it gets overrun, by bots who manage to make it to rifle-grenade range and hit it successively until its gone.

The issue arises when it is attacked by less than a good number of people, which is fine also. That mg works well to keep bots attacking bases and capping them in order.

You dont cap the church until the road and the chateau are capped, and then you get the numbers required to fan out and overwhelm it.

Remove that and you get Purple Heart Lane-style running gun battles with repetitive cacophony of small arms until the end. That mg adds tactics to an otherwise bland map (SP-wise)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20-07-2011, 12:07:44 »
Well, the Lafette Fix WOULDN'T make it into the release, and why should it?...
::)

I've tried Meuse a few times, the longest round was 20 minutes before CTD.

Flag on the outer left suffers from the double-cap problem.

I saw the bots using the Hanomags, one of the passenger/gunner seats must have a problem... :-\

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20-07-2011, 14:07:51 »
Surprising. Meuse has NEVER Crashed for me.

Eppeldorf has done so once, but that's when things get heated, especially since I'm running the game with 80 - 90 bots normally, and 64 at minimum.

The hanomag in Meuse i.e. the Autumn painted one DOES NOT have an issue, its the fully white one which does. Bots avoid that one, so I think it has no code whatsoever. The autumn one is fine as far as I know. And I haven't really noted a double cap in either map.

But then again, most flags tend to be capped by few people, so they wont be tested often enough for me to see the double cap, which occurs when the flag is swarmed by cappers, especially in vehicles.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20-07-2011, 16:07:10 »
So far I haven't see any double cap issues (the clear evidence is that the flag raised during your capture was the enemy's flag, while appearing grey on map).

So confirm on that snow-camouflaged Hanomag having issues.

Crash on Meuse River is also experienced by me. Eppeldorf crahsed when I tried to enter the snow Hanomag. The rest of it are perfectly fine.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22-07-2011, 11:07:10 »
Yeah, when I was capping that Farm flag, it was just me and a halftrack at first, but by the time we'd almost capped it we'd been joined by another halftrack, a couple of tanks and half a dozen or so infantry.

And where exactly on Meuse is this mystery Hanomag?

Unless I've gone blind, there's only one type of Hanomag on Meuse: sdkfz251_d_ard

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24-07-2011, 19:07:28 »
Yeah, when I was capping that Farm flag, it was just me and a halftrack at first, but by the time we'd almost capped it we'd been joined by another halftrack, a couple of tanks and half a dozen or so infantry.

And where exactly on Meuse is this mystery Hanomag?

Unless I've gone blind, there's only one type of Hanomag on Meuse: sdkfz251_d_ard

The hanomags on Meuse are Autumn painted, those on Eppeldorf are the whiter versions of this. The latter causes a CTD if entered - However, Meuse does CTD by itself eventually. Eppeldorf does too, but that CTD feels more like the random ones other maps get sometimes

Anyone ever noted the issue where FH2 simply closes down... as in, not closes completely, but you get back to desktop and have to click the FH2 tab to return?

Also, a change in El Alamein's GPO needs to be done to fix the issue it currently has with howitzers appearing in midair overlooking Materiya ridge and the German uncap base appearing at the edge of the ridge opposite Kidney ridge. My fixed GPO link is here
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20591861/El_Alamein_GamePlayObjects.rar

and a 2.4 Mersa Matru GPO with Static guns for bots to use is here
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20591864/Mersa_Matru2.4_GamePlayObjects.rar

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25-07-2011, 10:07:50 »
Played a few rounds of Eppeldorf, no CTD yet, but it plays terribly.

US gets smashed everytime... :P

@djinn: Yeah I get that minimizing crap from time to time too. Got no idea what causes it, but I do know it's a BF2 thing, not just FH... :-\

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25-07-2011, 11:07:00 »
Eppeldorf is pretty much unbalanced for US team, if I don't go rambo on the German bots. The German bots marched the open field in numbers, overwhelming the US defenders in most cases. The US tanks rarely help the poor men.

However, playing as the Germans, you'll notice how slow the bots advanced, they are pretty much stuck after capturing that first flag (the farm). If only I had not destroyed the Quad .50, they won't be able to enter the town. They also did this without that Tiger tank, only that silly car Sdkfz.222 and their 20 mm guns do occasionally appear. They run around and shooting mindlessly before getting owned by zooks and quad .50.

The bots navigate around the woods finely, however not so in the cities, especially with vehicles. Some do get stuck in buildings. In short, despite having a number of tanks, most of the fights in this map are mano-a-mano.

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
    • Panzerdivision Frundsberg
« Reply #27 on: 11-02-2012, 23:02:15 »
Meuse River and Eppeldorf crashes on our COOP-Server.

Is there still asolution to fix this?

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #28 on: 12-02-2012, 05:02:07 »
Meuse River and Eppeldorf crashes on our COOP-Server.

Is there still asolution to fix this?

Can you be more specific about the crash? Try and run a local coop server in windowed mode; take note of the error message given when it does crash.

For me at least, I need more information before I can produce a fix. If you can give specific info on it please report the issue in the singleplayer bug tracker; SP bugs of course apply to coop as well, and vice versa.

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
    • Panzerdivision Frundsberg
« Reply #29 on: 15-02-2012, 17:02:20 »
This might be difficult. We are running a dedicated linux server. Where can i get a crashlog or something else that might help you?