Author Topic: BF2 Audio Issues  (Read 729 times)

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
BF2 Audio Issues
« on: 05-02-2011, 22:02:25 »
I have this problem where Battlefield 2 (and it's mods) do not save the changes that I make under the Audio tab.

The main issue concerns VoIP.  I cannot hear anyone using VoIP ingame unless I have my mic/headset plugged in.  When I do not have my mic/headset plugged in, the options for enabling VoIP are disabled ingame and even if I reenable everything and save the changes, once I leave the Audio tab or go into a game the settings reset to disabled.

Only if my mic/headset is plugged in am I able to hear players using VoIP in PR and FH2.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?  I am using the integrated sound from my motherboard which is a MB ASUS P6T SE 1366 X58

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  :)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: BF2 Audio Issues
« Reply #1 on: 07-02-2011, 11:02:32 »
Does you Headset come with it's own Audio driver? For example I have the Logitech G35 and it create it's own sound device.
Try setting your souds settings to software so it won't matter what kind of Audio hardware you are using.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)