Author Topic: Win7 Problem: Files in the FAQ do not exist anymore on rapidshare  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
Hello

I wanted to do the following:

4) If the above doesn't work, such as some files simply not being there, try to download the BF2 and/or FH2 shader files.

BF2: http://rapidshare.com/files/277648558/shaders_client.zip
    FH2: http://rapidshare.com/files/277648864/shaders_client.zip

Place the BF2 shaders_client.zip file in the BF2 directory (default: c:\program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2)
    Place the FH2 shaders_client.zip in the FH2 directory (default: c:\program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2)

If you use Windows Vista/7 you may get a "C:\Users\...\Desktop\shaders_client.zip: Cannot create BundledMesh.fx. Access is Denied." error message (it's a safety precaution). Simply extract the folders to the desktop and then drag to the proper folder, that will allow you to change the necessary folders.

My problem is: The files were deleted and aren't anymore on rapidshare. Can you please upload them?
Since the incremental patch I have lag issues and thus like to kill them with the proposed step. I get with the start the message which is mentioned in the FAQ area.

Thank you,

Nissi

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
Thank you :)

I still receive always on the start of FH2 the message that a file should be copied but that cannot be done as the file is already existing. I have to click ok and then it works... is there any way to get rid of it? (I start always via the exe)

"Failed to move "Battlefield 2/mods/bf2' to "Battlefield 2/mods/bf2.tmp": Eine Datei kann nicht erstellt werden, wenn sie bereits vorhanden ist.
« Last Edit: 03-10-2010, 19:10:32 by Nissi »

Offline gijas04

• View Profile
Thank you :)

I still receive always on the start of FH2 the message that a file should be copied but that cannot be done as the file is already existing. I have to click ok and then it works... is there any way to get rid of it? (I start always via the exe)

"Failed to move "Battlefield 2/mods/bf2' to "Battlefield 2/mods/bf2.tmp": Eine Datei kann nicht erstellt werden, wenn sie bereits vorhanden ist.

I get the same error on my copy of FH2. Not sure how to fix it? Is there a file we can delete or something either in the directory for FH2 or in the BF2 directory? Or maybe in the documents folder for BF2?
« Last Edit: 04-10-2010, 04:10:05 by gijas04 »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Try starting FH2 in Admin mode. that should do the trick.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline gijas04

• View Profile

I think i fixed it. Try to delete your bf2 folder in Documents\Battlefield2\mods folder for Win 7. That's where the problem is at least with the error message.

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
^^

And install FH2 in a custom folder and not Program Files (x86). It's a protected folder. I don't know if it will specifically address your shader issue but it can't hurt either.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
Thank you guys!  :D