Author Topic: Starting problem  (Read 3914 times)

Offline bobolo

• View Profile
Starting problem
« on: 06-06-2011, 14:06:35 »
Hi folks, I have a problem with FH2. Well, I have downloaded both parts, installed them and when I try to launch FH2, system tells me that it crashed. I have BF2 1.5, I tried downloading both parts from different servers and it repeats all the time. I rebooted the system, and nothing changed. Adding to that, I don't have the FH2 in the Installed Programs list, despite installing it. I have Windows XP, and FH1 was running relatively well (except the Zielona Gora map, which crashed everytime I wanted to play it). Could you help me?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Starting problem
« Reply #1 on: 06-06-2011, 14:06:14 »
Hi and welcome, at what point does the program crash? And what version of BF2 do you own? (DVD, Downloader, or Steam?)
Iirc FH2 won't put an entry into your registry since the installer basically just unpacks the files to the correct folders.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline bobolo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-06-2011, 21:06:25 »
Hi, program crashes at the time when I double-click the icon, then screen goes black, *ping* (sound), and error. My BF 2 is from DVD and it didn't make any problems since now.
Yeah, but FH1 IS in the registry, and FH2 isn't.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-06-2011, 16:06:49 »
try starting fh2 in windowed mode (add "+fullscreen 0"  to the launch command in the fh2.exe shortcut

it then should deliver an error message that you can post here
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline bobolo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-06-2011, 16:06:41 »
Okay, but this is in Polish and I think you could not understand it. This is only that FH2 cracked and window asks me if I will send the problem to FH2 team (I did it twice). Nothing more.

Offline AlexS66

• A fine English gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-06-2011, 17:06:08 »
I have had this same problem before. Always run as Admin before you do anything (right click on program, run as administrator). I beat this by reinstalling fh2, it only happens to me because i have other mods which mess around with shaders and other bf2 things. Meaning i have to reinstall battlefield and FH. Do you have any other mods installed or have you played with any BF files?

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-06-2011, 21:06:39 »
I have had this same problem before. Always run as Admin before you do anything (right click on program, run as administrator). I beat this by reinstalling fh2, it only happens to me because i have other mods which mess around with shaders and other bf2 things. Meaning i have to reinstall battlefield and FH. Do you have any other mods installed or have you played with any BF files?

This. I have had this problem in the past and a complete Battlefield and FH2 reinstall fixed it. I think PR did it to me last time.

Offline bobolo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-06-2011, 11:06:11 »
I don't have any other BF2 mods, but I'll try to reinstall it. I'll tell you what happened.

Offline AlexS66

• A fine English gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-06-2011, 14:06:33 »
Sounds good, and yes pascucci, PR did this to me as well. Best thing is to reinstall everything. I recommend having all BF2 and FH2 Zip files on a disk in case you ever need to reinstall!

Offline bobolo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-10-2011, 18:10:41 »
Ok, it's me again.
I reinstalled BF2 and FH2, and everything was OK. The game started, but when I was trying to load a map, it crashed and returned me to the desktop. It happens every time I want to start a map. What should I do?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-10-2011, 22:10:28 »
Be sure that you installed all patches for BF2.
First 1.41 then 1.5 and later the hotfix if you need it for alt-tabbing.
Other than that run FH2 in windowed mode by adding "+fullscreen 0" to your desktop short cut properties. This will enable you to see the error window that pops up just before BF2 closes.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline bobolo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-10-2011, 17:10:04 »
I have all patches installed.
And there is no error message. Game just closes and nothing more happens.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13-10-2011, 05:10:27 »
System specs?

Offline bobolo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13-10-2011, 15:10:18 »
Windows XP SP3, AMD Athlon II X2 250, Nvidia Geforce GT 220, or you need a logfile maybe?

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14-10-2011, 08:10:38 »
So it's crashing when you try to load a map, when exactly is it crashing?

Does it crash as soon as you click on it?

Or does it crash after it starts loading? If so, what percentage does it crash at?

Have you tried clearing the cache?