Author Topic: Custom Maps list  (Read 44050 times)

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
Re: Custom Maps list
« Reply #15 on: 06-10-2012, 10:10:42 »
Is it possible for someone to change the Kasserine Pass vehicles to American ones,
since 2.45 has them?

Hmm... Someone with good knowlage of FH2 vechicles, so they are replaced by more or less equal quality vechicles... I am not that one :D Anyone up for it? ;) Maybe you could try yourself? =) Shouldint be hard to do this, think its pretty much to unpack all zips then edit init.con and GameModes\gpm_cq\#\GamePlayObjects.con then pack it with pack-map.py again =)

You can post up any of my shitastic maps if you want.

Think the more maps, the merrier! ;) If you could send me few links and any info you want specifically using this form:
Code: [Select]
[b]Name of the map[/b]
[quote=Map Information]Desc: Your short description of the map
Ai Support: Yes or No
Screens: [url=LinkHere]1[/url] [url=]-[/url] [url=]-[/url] [url=]-[/url] [url=]-[/url]
Credits: You?
Download link: [url=LinkHere]Version?[/url][/quote]

I look forward to check your maps out ;)

river town crossing is a terrible linear map. that map was basically created by me to learn mapping for the fh2 mod.
I know you got a lot of good maps under your sleeve ;) How is your FH1 porting progress? Any % of completition? =)
« Last Edit: 06-10-2012, 10:10:48 by [KamiKaze] Destroyer »

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06-10-2012, 16:10:39 »
Is it possible for someone to change the Kasserine Pass vehicles to American ones,
since 2.45 has them?

Did it manually, as the vehicles does'nt appear in BF2Editor. Here
« Last Edit: 07-10-2012, 12:10:41 by RADIOSMERSH »

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07-10-2012, 06:10:14 »
Update!

Added:
- Argentan 1944
The last objective to close the falaise pocket. The allieds had to push the Germans out of the city Argentan and liberate it.
- Moerbrugge
The allieds have to capture a bridgehead in a small village named Moerbrugge in Belgium.
- Operation Blackcock
An operation to clear the ruhr triangle towards Germany.
- Operation Nordwind FH1
"Just a Fh1 remake of operation nordwind" I (Destro) would like to add, one of more epic maps of FH1 glories history!
- Bombing The Reich
Remake of the FH1 classic bombing the reich but on this version both sides get an objective to destroy.

Info: Thanks to Muratti for sharing his maps aswell as providing download links together with detailed information! =)

since 2.45 has them?

Did it manually, as the vehicles does'nt appear in BF2Editor. Here
You are doing great work for the community RADIOSMERSH! I really appriciate your efforts =)
« Last Edit: 07-10-2012, 06:10:43 by [KamiKaze] Destroyer »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22-06-2013, 15:06:24 »
Hey guys..

My friend told me he had problems loading these two maps:

Blood D-day and Gold Beach

He says it CTD's at 30%. Any solutions?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14-04-2014, 19:04:50 »
Revival!

Soooo,

Now that 2.46 is here, is there any chance anyone can update these maps to be compatible with the new version? Also, is there a possiblity to make this thread a sticky? Its very hard to find it once its lost, and also lots of people want to reach custom maps easily.

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14-04-2014, 19:04:44 »
Also, is there a possiblity to make this thread a sticky? Its very hard to find it once its lost, and also lots of people want to reach custom maps easily.
Making this thread sticky would be great. Also I would like to ask moderators to give me rights for editing this thread so it stays up-to-date (and there are also some maps that I want to add in the list).
« Last Edit: 14-04-2014, 19:04:39 by RADIOSMERSH »

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14-04-2014, 19:04:31 »
Now that 2.46 is here, is there any chance anyone can update these maps to be compatible with the new version?

I suppose most of the maps will work with new version (I tried several of them and they worked fine). I don't have time to check them all, so, if you encounter issues - just report them here and I will try to update maps on my Google Drive.

Offline [F|H]Deek_101

• FH-Betatester
  • F|H Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor Tournament
« Reply #22 on: 14-04-2014, 21:04:00 »
NCO kits could be an issue, I believe they were changed.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28-04-2014, 16:04:50 »
This thread really should be a sticky.  I only came across it searching for something else.

2.45 custom maps do indeed work in 2.46.  For WaW tournament maps, I just had to clear out the rally point references in the tmp.con

NCO kits could be an issue, I believe they were changed.

Yes, I get some PY WARN message in game that seems to be related to NCORifleData.  It doesn't affect gameplay.  Does anybody know the solution? (be detailed as I am ignorant)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28-04-2014, 18:04:43 »

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28-04-2014, 20:04:49 »
As I realized, this warning has another root cause in the mapdata.py. Some other plugins must freak out, look into the  fh2_error files, there will some py issue be mentioned.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28-04-2014, 21:04:29 »
Here are the errors i get:
****** waw_cs_westwall, gpm_cq, 64 - 2014-04-28 13:48:32 (wall time: 66.8672943115) ******
[66.8672943115] perMapData::warn: Error executing waw_cs_westwall's mapdata.py:
  invalid syntax (mapdata.py, line 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "python/game/perMapData.py", line 37, in getMapData
  File "mods/fh2\levels\waw_cs_westwall\mapdata.py", line 1
    from game.plugins import plugin, limitKit, ticketLoss, linkCPs,   
                                                                     ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

[66.8672943115] gameplayPlugin::warn: exception in plugin.bf2_init <game.plugins.limitKit.limitKitNCO object at 0x17A94F90>:
  Couldn't find NCO kit info for map waw_cs_westwall. Update NCOrifleData.py or provide custom map info via mapdata.py.
  File "python/game/gameplayPlugin.py", line 279, in bf2_init
  File "python/game/plugins/limitKit.py", line 668, in bf2_init
Exception: Couldn't find NCO kit info for map waw_cs_westwall. Update NCOrifleData.py or provide custom map info via mapdata.py.

When I edit the mapdata.py  to include the NCOrifledata suggested in the link I get :
****** waw_cs_westwall, gpm_cq, 64 - 2014-04-28 12:44:32 (wall time: 98.1285705566) ******
[98.1285705566] perMapData::warn: Error executing waw_cs_westwall's mapdata.py:
  invalid syntax (mapdata.py, line 1)
  File "mods/fh2\levels\waw_cs_westwall\mapdata.py", line 1
    from game.plugins import plugin, limitKit, ticketLoss, NCORifleData, linkCPs,   
                                                                                   ^

[98.1285705566] gameplayPlugin::warn: exception in plugin.bf2_init <game.plugins.limitKit.limitKitNCO object at 0x11A9CF90>:
  Couldn't find NCO kit info for map waw_cs_westwall. Update NCOrifleData.py or provide custom map info via mapdata.py.
Exception: Couldn't find NCO kit info for map waw_cs_westwall. Update NCOrifleData.py or provide custom map info via mapdata.py.
which is almost identical.

I've noticed that maps prepared for the FH2T joint campaign, which was shortly after the 2.45 release don't have this problem but that maps prepped more recently do.

It's kinda over my head so eventually I will get someone to fix it.  I know that servers can just turn off bug reporting anyway.  I'm just curious about it.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28-04-2014, 21:04:12 »
I've heard that "NCO" line should be removed from mapdata...

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28-04-2014, 22:04:13 »
GeoPat, does the first line in both mapdata.py's actually end with ","? Try to remove that comma?

EDIT:
Just in case, the "Update NCOrifleData.py" part of the exception's description is for the devs' eyes only, your way is to "provide custom map info via mapdata.py".
« Last Edit: 28-04-2014, 22:04:26 by gavrant »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28-04-2014, 22:04:36 »
When I remove that comma form the one without NCOrifleData  I get a long error that basically says
****** waw_cs_westwall, gpm_cq, 64 - 2014-04-28 15:41:36 (wall time: 68.6367645264) ******
[68.6367645264] gameplayPlugin::warn: exception creating plugin limitKit {'slot': 0, 'kit': 'GS_Scout', 'limit': 0.19, 'team': 1}:
  Kit 'gs_scout' is not defined or has not been loaded for this map.
  File "python/game/gameplayPlugin.py", line 270, in bf2_init
  File "python/game/plugins/limitKit.py", line 650, in __init__
  File "python/game/plugins/limitKit.py", line 504, in __init__
  File "python/game/plugins/limitKit.py", line 453, in __init__
  File "python/game/utilities.py", line 650, in verifyTemplateExistence
Exception: Kit 'gs_scout' is not defined or has not been loaded for this map.
  for every kit position.

When I remove that comma from the other one the error changes to this:

****** waw_cs_westwall, gpm_cq, 64 - 2014-04-28 15:45:52 (wall time: 65.5680999756) ******
[65.5680999756] perMapData::warn: Error executing waw_cs_westwall's mapdata.py:
  invalid syntax (mapdata.py, line 92)
  File "mods/fh2\levels\waw_cs_westwall\mapdata.py", line 92
    rifleNCO = [plugin(NCOrifleData, kits = ('WaW_Ge_NCO0_MP40', 'WaW_US_NCO1_M1A1')]
                                                                                    ^

[65.5680999756] gameplayPlugin::warn: exception in plugin.bf2_init <game.plugins.limitKit.limitKitNCO object at 0x11AD3F90>:

If any Custom map worker had fixed this, let me know.