Author Topic: World In Conflict  (Read 936 times)

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
World In Conflict
« on: 11-05-2013, 12:05:55 »
Anyone own this game? It was released in 2009 but I never gave it a chance until now. I was searching for a game to fill my modern tactical RTS fancy, but games like Wargame: European Escalation just weren't cutting it for me. I paid only a few dollars for this game, and I really like it. It even has a complete set of modding tools and gui-integrated mod support. I'm surprised there hasn't been more mods for it to be honest.

It reminds me a lot of Company of Heroes. While it has a pretty far fetched story-line and some really annoying characters in its Single-player, it does a decent job of putting the player in situations that look and feel very powerful. I just got done playing a mission from the single-player where you defend a Washington State town from a counter-attack and through calling in fire-support, airstrikes, and clever work of M88 Hercules recovery vehicles, I managed to hold off the Soviet Union which makes continuous wave assaults on your position. I'll probably dive into modding it at some point.

What opinions does FH community got on World In Conflict?

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
Re: World In Conflict
« Reply #1 on: 11-05-2013, 12:05:10 »
I was part of the beta for the game and I currently own it and the Soviet Assault -expansion. It's a really good game in my opinion.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-05-2013, 13:05:52 »
Freaking awesome game to be honest. Only thing is that infantry is quite underpowered, especially in Multi. Otherwise this game inspires a great lore around it, the mods are quite good, and the trailers for the game are freaking nice.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Archimonday

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-05-2013, 14:05:34 »
I'm really surprised by this game still  ;D

The SDK is excellent..I may have found something to spend time on.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-05-2013, 03:05:52 »

Offline Archimonday

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-05-2013, 07:05:18 »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #6 on: 14-05-2013, 01:05:31 »
In a surge of nostalgia I dug through my closet and found my WiC DVD I bought in 2007. Back then my PC couldn't even run it properly, bit laggy with toaster graphics. But I loved it.

And now, maxed out settings, I still love it. Very fun RTS, great story as well. Anyone got an address for that Soviet expansion pack? Never bought that years back, I want it now, hehe.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-05-2013, 01:05:49 »
And now, maxed out settings, I still love it. Very fun RTS, great story as well. Anyone got an address for that Soviet expansion pack? Never bought that years back, I want it now, hehe.

http://store.steampowered.com/

;)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-05-2013, 03:05:34 »
I have the non-steam WiC though, don't think ex packs work with that. Hope there's a WiC sale anytime soon.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14-05-2013, 08:05:32 »
I have the non-steam WiC though, don't think ex packs work with that. Hope there's a WiC sale anytime soon.

You sure you can't activate your product code on Steam? I honestly don't know if it works like that at all but it's worth a shot.

Also, the expension pack is a stand-alone as far as I remember. It's just that when you also have WiC, you get those missions in between (according to the time frame). Without WiC, you simply play only the Soviet missions.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14-05-2013, 23:05:35 »
Can't just activate the key on Steam sadly. And it's an expansion pack, not standalone  :P

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15-05-2013, 16:05:06 »
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault will be released as a stand alone expansion pack and feature new units and airstrikes, and of course new maps.

You should be able to play it without having WiC itself.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15-05-2013, 22:05:03 »
Look it up in the Steam Store, listed as 'DLC - need base game to play'.