Poll

do you want a supression effects that last longer ?

yes
52 (51.5%)
no
18 (17.8%)
2.0 like
31 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: supression effect  (Read 8761 times)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
supression effect
« on: 22-10-2009, 02:10:14 »
so yea, simple .

supostly , the supression effect where toned down after the first version of FH2 got public , main reason been that "old" "veteran" and "stablished" FH1 players didnt like it , I asume because the devs didnt wanted to lose more players due to the already low poblation of players at the time.

Since this is the first time i see devs removing a feature like that just because some complained , i want to see what majority of the FH2 comunity thinks.

i just cant imagine devs adding the nosecam because "old" "veteran" and "stablished" FH1 players complain .
« Last Edit: 22-10-2009, 02:10:24 by SiCaRiO »

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
Re: supression effect
« Reply #1 on: 22-10-2009, 02:10:06 »
I think its okay the way it is; sorry I voted too quickly in the poll. Maybe not that much deaf ears, but blurry when suppresed. You'll need to hit the dirt immediately hearing a MG42 or something. So it works very well suppressing infantry.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-10-2009, 02:10:35 »
I liked the old suppression effect.  I seem to be only one from a certain established community (not mentioning any actual names, so no one gets mad at me) who thinks like that, though.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #3 on: 22-10-2009, 02:10:37 »
Personally, I would add the effect to all bullets + explosions, make it last about 175% of current and leave it at that.  So I presume thats a 'yes' vote.

I think the main reason for change was that on old computers, the effect lasted for ages since it was based on number of frames rather than time, so those with low fps would suffer it far longer than others.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-10-2009, 02:10:16 »
2.0 suppression and minor suppression from rifles ftw.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-10-2009, 02:10:32 »
To complain is a too benevolent verb

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-10-2009, 02:10:31 »
To complain is a too benevolent verb

i cant possible imagine what they did to you to make you change your mind

Offline Guderian

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-10-2009, 03:10:26 »
2.0 suppression and minor suppression from rifles ftw.

Yeah, the MG42 and need to have this effect. Allow it to do want the weapon was intended to do, suppress infantry and allow squad members the ability to move into position. The BAR and Bren that are fired from the hip shouldn't have the same level of effect.

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #8 on: 22-10-2009, 03:10:22 »
The suppression effect in 2.0 had a wee bit too large radius for my opinion. But the way it is in 2.2 I'd much much rather see it as it was in 2.0

From a game design point of view, I'd like to keep this effect like it is, only on MG's and Supportive Automatic Rifles, giving them a bit more role in the game than just being a MG. As in, if you want to suppress the enemy or give covering fire effectively, you need to have an MG with you.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-10-2009, 04:10:29 »
I have to ask though, how was the old suppression system? How did it work for all weapons? By the way I think that troops inside personal carriers and trucks needs a supression system as they are very vulnerable to enemy fire. Just as the camera needs to shake everytime a AT round bounced off a tank.

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22-10-2009, 05:10:12 »
Shuold be a bit longer. Although it is fun to sit in a tank, see someone coming around the corner , turn away, and then MG'ing said corner to keep that buggers head down until I load my HE 8)
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22-10-2009, 08:10:37 »
If we had suppression system would we have FOV effect anymore? Because FOV rules.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-10-2009, 08:10:49 »
this has been discussed to death, and sadly the devs do not seem to change their minds.

I would kill for the 2.0 suppression effect, (I voted wrong, voted "yes" instead of "like 2.0")
I had some great times when playing FH2 until they decreased the suppression effect, since then I've lost (comparing to how I felt of 2.0) HUGE interest in the mod.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22-10-2009, 10:10:33 »
Never played 2.0 but I'd like to see supression effects stronger. Something similar to PR maybe?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22-10-2009, 10:10:32 »
Don't remember exactly, but as you may not know: It is PR that uses FH's suppression effect. The devs has been exchanging stuffs and get along pretty well.

Voted for like 2.0, it is quite alright and loved it back then. The one thing i remember the screen is more blurry and slightly longer effect.