Author Topic: Traction Wars - WW2 realistic FPS  (Read 47051 times)

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
Re: Traction Wars
« Reply #375 on: 10-08-2015, 07:08:56 »
The name should have at least some connection to the game, most people including myself probably originally skipped this because they didn't know it was supposed to be a cool WWII shooter. My first thought when I saw this topic was a game about cars with guns or something, and I didn't bother to check until the topic became popular.
Agreed. I understand that they kept the old name because they didn't want to lose their old mod followers, but that was a pretty short-sighted decision. These days, basically no one (including myself) knows about the old mod. I'm glad I discovered Traction Wars through these forums but otherwise, there is no way I would have thought it was a WWII shooter.

It's too late to change it now of course ... I just think it's an unfortunate decision that will hamper the mod's popularity well past its first release.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 10-08-2015, 09:08:49 »
I think it's a fine name. So many games out there have names that don't say much (if anything at all) about the game itself anyway - or only mean something if you already know what the game is about.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #377 on: 11-08-2015, 23:08:55 »
Yet you are still here, Hockeywarrior. You did find us and you will (probably & hopefully) download the game once it's out.

We don't need Call of Duty popularity, we're already creating a game for what most likely is a niche market. And with a niche market the thing is that the people who want something that isn't very popular often search well enough until they find it. And even if we don't become super popular on release, it wont really matter because there's no eye for profit. Once it's out people will come, because it's free. Who doesn't try free stuff?
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 15-08-2015, 15:08:45 »

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 15-08-2015, 18:08:49 »
 Wow! That looks fantastic!

Question:

Will TW have flags to capture? Will it play like traditional Battlefield games?

;)

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 15-08-2015, 20:08:05 »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 15-08-2015, 23:08:13 »
Will TW have flags to capture?
Yes.

Will it play like traditional Battlefield games?
No.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 16-08-2015, 02:08:37 »
Last part of Operation Deadstick (Part 3/3)

http://www.tractionwars.com/news-room/3674-news-update-53-operation-deadstick-part-3-3-a.html

REALLY cool stuff. FH2's Pegasus map is gonna be amazing, but it can't match dem graphics 8)

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
Re: Traction Wars - WW2 realistic FPS
« Reply #383 on: 16-08-2015, 05:08:09 »
I updated the thread title, maybe that will bring a few more people into the thread. Keen as a jelly bean for this game, I can wait

Offline LazMan12

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 17-08-2015, 17:08:38 »
IMO Forgotten Hope is a pretty sweet name though.  ;D
It is, when I first heard of it and played it I thought it was just some cool & edgy name for a WW2 shooter. Only years after I heard the story from Lobo.

Can you share the story of the Forgotten Hope name, or say if it is allready written somewhere in the forums. I'm quite curious  ::)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 17-08-2015, 19:08:35 »
IMO Forgotten Hope is a pretty sweet name though.  ;D
It is, when I first heard of it and played it I thought it was just some cool & edgy name for a WW2 shooter. Only years after I heard the story from Lobo.

Can you share the story of the Forgotten Hope name, or say if it is allready written somewhere in the forums. I'm quite curious  ::)
Forgotten Hope was meant to become a historically accurate modification about the early days/weeks/months/years of the Second World War, when all hope looked lost against the invincible German war machine.

Poland, France, etc. was meant to be the scene for FH. Then someone started making mid/late-war equipment. And here we are.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 17-08-2015, 20:08:25 »
Bardia is the earliest official map, set on January 3rd 1941. Last one is Meuse River (December 22nd 1944). The Russian front will include a map in 1945 though.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 17-08-2015, 21:08:56 »
the People demand France 1940!  Not your petit bourgeois late war maps!

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 17-08-2015, 22:08:38 »
the People demand France 1940!  Not your petit bourgeois late war maps!
Are you willing to work the map with me??I have nice-tank-map ideas but now learning how to.Other should join:Turkish,Muzdin,Jimi,LazMan12,... You cant only demand.Most of you are 5-6 years here. Meanwhile you could be profesionals and now bring French maps to French -allreadywaiting- army.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 17-08-2015, 22:08:17 »
Well, I really dont know a lot of modding other than some basic coding, and me and a few friends of mine are working on *ahem* a top secret project currently...

Maybe also I'll announce it here once we get it done.