Author Topic: Operation Goodwood 16  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Operation Goodwood 16
« on: 07-09-2009, 21:09:42 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline phillip

• View Profile
Re: Operation Goodwood 16
« Reply #1 on: 16-10-2009, 01:10:24 »
W/O Mainbases this map seems to be a fail with 16 players.  I have played it once as Axis and Once as Allied. 

After 5 minutes of loading as Allied, all the flags except for the north one in the orchard were capped.  The Spawn for the flag were right by the entrance to the flag area so it was spawn die spawn die as the axis tried to push through.  The OOB was pushed next to the NW corner of the town so you couldnt run around the north end.  The Axis had MG's setup by the 88's and the Brits are cornered in.

The other time I played it as Axis with <10 people.  by the time I loaded in the brits had all but one flag.  Spawned in ran around, it was grayed and capped and that was the map.

I think it would be more fun as a 16 player map with "main" bases on the north end of town across the road and on the south end for the Germans maybe by the train tracks.  Something to get the action going more.  Keep the map from being a capout, but also allow more fighting around the city.  Great city to fight in when given the chance.  A little more space and mainbases and it could be fun.  Just havnt been able to actually do any fighting more than getting raped by MG's.

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-10-2009, 01:10:22 »
OOB lines I have been thinking about.  The red ones restrict the movement in some funny ways.  There are a few backyards you can halfway into before running into the hand of god on the left side.  You cant walk around the north end of town.  The wall by the church also had God yelling at you about getting back into the fight. 

I'd like the 16 player maps even better if they didnt feel walled in by the OOB.  So they you naturally dont even come across the OOB because you are focusing on fighting the battle over the area with the objectives.  Running into the OOB feels odd when you are trying to flank a flag or take a different route.

Red = my guess at the current OOB
yellow = my suggestion
arrows = new routes that would be available.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t64/phillipwilson/screen003.jpg

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-07-2014, 05:07:59 »
I think it would be more fun as a 16 player map with "main" bases on the north end of town across the road and on the south end for the Germans maybe by the train tracks.  Something to get the action going more.  Keep the map from being a capout, but also allow more fighting around the city.  Great city to fight in when given the chance.  A little more space and mainbases and it could be fun.  Just havnt been able to actually do any fighting more than getting raped by MG's.

Never added my 2 cents to this but I'd strongly second this. This map caps out too often. I'd love to see it just the three middle flags and 2 uncappable main bases.   

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-02-2016, 14:02:18 »
2.5 changelog for Operation Goodwood 16

• Fixed all flag rotations.