Author Topic: What do you wanna see in the upcoming eastfront?  (Read 111192 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: What do you wanna see in the upcoming eastfront?
« Reply #210 on: 22-01-2011, 22:01:54 »
Both russians and italians would, since most of the fighting between them happened during barbarossa... so both sides would need totally different uniforms and helmets and so on.

I'd personally would love to see Carro's duking it out with T-26's and such. Would make a very unique map.

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 22-01-2011, 22:01:37 »
Should be , at last one captured T-34 for Italians ...

Give him a respawn time , like for Tigers on Totalize .

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 22-01-2011, 23:01:33 »
even though we all know that the germans MGs "uncontrollable Recoil" is a hollywood myth.

but seriously, the MG34/42 are far superior to the DP 28 when its not allowed to be fired standing.

also, handguard? AFAIK MG gunners were issued Gloves, so just put up those bipods and grab them.  ;D
and please don't say "butz they didn't doo taht in WW2!!1" this is FH2. not PR. and its ridiculous to think that the rather crudely trained russian troops would give a shit about the "proper way to shoot a light machine gun"

They were not issued glovesto seael with the heat.  The assistant carried an asbestos pad to change th barrels with.  Also, the germans DID train to fire standing from a so called assualt position, with one hand gripping the bipod, sling wrapped around the arm, one foot planted back to help with recoil, etc.  It is ssentially impossible to display this ingame as one had to stop and assume this position to fire, then afterwards could continue to move.

As fo th dp28, it should be treated the same as the breda for the italians.  Yes the mg42 and 34 will be superior.  This tends to be becquse they WERE superior.  The russians make up for it with much better sub machine guns, and in early wwr, much better tanks.  Deal with it.

azreal

« Reply #213 on: 22-01-2011, 23:01:54 »
What battles did the Pe-2 play a large role in?

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 22-01-2011, 23:01:19 »
Pretty much every battle from start to end?

Offline lt_FJ

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 22-01-2011, 23:01:16 »
Personally I would have preferred to have the Pacific as the next theatre, but in any case...

...my humble request would be that if a Berlin map were to be made, please add to it something that makes it really unique. I was thinking about something like the Brandenburger Tor or maybe the Reichstag. Because I know the difficulty it might entail, my idea was to have it as a background object that you can´t go into. For example, in the case of the Reichstag, you could model only one side of it and put it at the edge of the map so that no one can go further a certain point. That would be really nice, however, time-consuming probably (would the BF2 engine handle it well?).

Another feature I would like to see would be the Blaue Division, which saw combat -if I recall correctly- in Leningrad. I don´t think it would be difficult to include it since its basically the Heer with Spanish flags on their helmets and a couple of red and yellow ribbons here and there.

PS: thanks again for the best mod I´ve ever played!

Offline GirlsHateMe

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 23-01-2011, 01:01:57 »
I would like to bring out that we need female soldiers for the russians; female soldiers in the soviet ranks were like 20% of their entire force.

Female Russian Snipers -

:-*

Offline TigerAce

• The hunter of the hedgerows
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 23-01-2011, 04:01:25 »
I want to see: 203 mm howitzer M1931 (B-4)

« Last Edit: 23-01-2011, 04:01:06 by TigerAce »
"The roar of my 88 is only matched by the boom of a Sherman exploding"

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 23-01-2011, 12:01:57 »
For map, I don't see if it had been suggested before, but how about Sebastopol Siege ?? Germans attacking the city, russians are defending it, a bit like fall of tobruk. It could be a good map for big arty, Germans have used 600mm Mörser Karl and 800mm "Gustav" railway gun and "Schwerer Gustav" while russians used also heavy naval guns.

Wiki reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sevastopol

I'd rather want Crimea 1944. Especially the final assault where the Germans are pushed out of the fortress at Sevastopol. That'd be epic. It'd be like the Sfakia that the Germans would defend the harbour desperately till the last man... (and stand the waves of Russian tanks and artillery)

I like all battles which is severely one-sided and the only thing they have is a lasting ticket bleed on the other team. It is kind of fun to fight against all odds and finally see that you managed to deplete all their reserves!

(that's why I like Alam Halfa that much, the defenders have to be skilled)
and while you're at it, make a reverse one for Sevastopol 1941-'42
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 23-01-2011, 12:01:30 »
Both russians and italians would, since most of the fighting between them happened during barbarossa... so both sides would need totally different uniforms and helmets and so on.

I'd personally would love to see Carro's duking it out with T-26's and such. Would make a very unique map.
it is possible, yes. I remember the fact that the Itals were also involved in the approach of stalingrad.
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 23-01-2011, 12:01:58 »
12cm sGrW 40
I was a russian mortar, but germans capped high numbers in the early stages of the war and reproduced themselves this weapon. It used grenades with a weight of 15,8kg and was able to shot 6000m. It was very effective.
(and you just need to make one model for both sides)  ;D

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 23-01-2011, 13:01:59 »
Wait, I have an Italian - Soviet conflict in mind, will edit this post later and tell you exactly which one

Here: Italian expeditionary force against the Red Army, 19.12.1942, Don river, near the places/villages/towns Konovalov, Varvarin, Meshkov.

Italians : 6th Bersaglieri Division
Soviets : 153rd Infantry Division
« Last Edit: 23-01-2011, 13:01:22 by Master Chief »
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 23-01-2011, 14:01:42 »

it is possible, yes. I remember the fact that the Itals were also involved in the approach of stalingrad.

Im not going to quote myself, but read the suggestion I just made on page  14
A battle during stalingrad....
There is only one thing I’m afraid of,  Nazi Zombies!!!
And remember Kids, never say these words on a nazi graveyard
ia ia cthulhu fhtagn ia ia nazi zombie fhtang

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 23-01-2011, 14:01:14 »
it seems lots of ppl want a battle between Italians and Russians. Would the Italians need any special equipment or uniforms or anything?
Well reskins would be needed for uniforms and vehicles, as for equipment, they only sent their crappiest L6/40 and Semovente 47/32, 12 Panzer IV and maybe some R-35's (unclear) so beside those they would rely on german tanks (or captured russian). Aside from that ofcourse light vehicles like trucks, Cv33 and AB41 but those arent in the mod nor are any planes or arty.

<- Cv33 and L6/40 at kubinka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnXVoZBqoK4&feature=player_embedded#!

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 23-01-2011, 15:01:30 »
Did anyone mention the T35 ?

Many of them just broke down before reaching the front but it is assumed some actually fought during early Barbarossa.
Anyway, 5 turrets, 3 guns, 6 Mgs, this is an epic tank that would deserve a fight in FH2.  :)