Author Topic: Ability to surrender and give up weapon  (Read 858 times)

Offline ahalol

• View Profile
Ability to surrender and give up weapon
« on: 19-11-2020, 07:11:05 »
There has been multiple times I really wanted to surrender while playing FH2. Would it be possible to add something similar to the surrender/drop kit like that in Project Reality. When I am surrounded or my tank is about to be destroyed, I always wanted to surrender but currently no matter what I do, I always have a weapon in hand and the other players just shoot me.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to surrender and give up weapon
« Reply #1 on: 19-11-2020, 14:11:10 »
What would be the purpose of this? You'd surrender and... then what? Complain in the chat when you get shot after surrendering, because theres people who wont take prisoners?

Offline ahalol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-11-2020, 07:11:43 »
Well, to at least respawn in a less painful way. We can make this function to respawn after 30s of surrendering (like suicide bomb but without explosion). I think we can put it that if dead in the surrendered state, it doesn't count as death in scoreboard and the enemy kill you will reduce score.

This will help with the gameplay as there will be fewer desperate players committing suicidal attacks after left behind enemy lines or become the sole survivor of a squad.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-11-2020, 17:11:40 »
Sorry but that makes no sense. What I could gather from it, it is not suitable for FH2's playstyle. It is pointless and unnecessarily gimmicky that does not add anything to the game.